• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading around and had heard that Vic can steel the rare paper items from the Lumpers. Does anyone know if this is true and if so does it have to be an unnoticed attack. If it's not true does anyone know of a good way to get player advantage to get these rare paper items.

I've never tried stealing them with Vic so I can't help with that.

I would suggest you use either Eugene or Michelle, connect to them and then use their Astro ability to surprise the enemy. If you fail to surprise them just leave and re-enter through the teleporter. I found it best to hug the left wall until I was in range.

Also I have noticed that the big birds in the regular Oradian Dunes drop Gold Berries and it seems to me that it is much more frequent than in SG as I don't recall ever getting the drop in SG. Anyone farming those Berrise might want to check it out. The Ones right otside of Zala seem to drop most often but sometimes itends up being on the other side of the dessert and I dont think I usually have to go for player advantage I just crush them but player advantage couldn't hurt.

I personally farmed all 50 or so Gold Berries that I needed from those three Birds outside Port Zala, again using either Eugene's or Michelle's Astro ability.

This was discussed in this thread as well if you'd like to read more about it:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=107675&highlight=gold

Can I ask what item/items are needed for the 50 gold berries? I farmed them just because i read to farm 50, but what do i make with them?

You need them to make a Kismetic Table. Takes 10 Gold Berry Potions (which take a total of 20 gold berries), 5 Gold Berry Powders (which take 10 gold berries and 10 Gold Berry Potions [which take 20 more gold berries]), and 1 Atlantis Metal. I hate gold berries.

Does anyone know if silver and white berries are considered better or worse drops?

I'd say they're worse drops. Silver doesn't feel quite as rare as gold does (silver drops plenty from the order guys in the SG version of Vesplume Tower) and you don't need the same quantities either.

I gave the sneaky scorpion thing a go and it's working pretty well. Her skill is about 60% toward level 2 and so far I've managed to nick 2 white berries, 1 silver and 1 gold. In that order. With no weapon in her hand she can grind that poor mimic for quite a while hehe.

Thanks for the tip. :)

How often are you guys getting Gold Berries that way? It seems like they're stolen a lot more often from Mimics than dropped by Tequilia's or those birds. I hate having to connect to Vic though... "My buddy needs my help!" Grrr. If you can keep spamming steal without killing it, it sounds a whole lot easier than killing an enemy then running somewhere to make them respawn.

I went from zero to level 3 on Vic's sneaky skill and got a grand total of 2 gold berries. That was from the mimic in the normal Bihar Mines with Vic at level 150-ish and without any weapon equipped. So - not exactly stellar drop rate hehe. I thought I'd test the one in SG as well and see if that one is more generous.

I went from zero to level 3 on Vic's sneaky skill and got a grand total of 2 gold berries. That was from the mimic in the normal Bihar Mines with Vic at level 150-ish and without any weapon equipped. So - not exactly stellar drop rate hehe. I thought I'd test the one in SG as well and see if that one is more generous.

I had her best weapon Equipped. Sneaky scorpion does not do alot of damage so not having a weapon equiped really doesn't make alot of sense. I got 8 right in a row (maybe 30 minutes) and then when I hit level 3 The rate changed. Perhaps it was alot of luck but it is something worth giving a shot. It seems to me that the longer you farm the crappier your odds get so I'm gonna give it another go today and see what happens.

I don't know the drop rates for all the other weapons shatter enchants are like because most of them are in dragon bone shrine and that was where I last got slaughtered. But I might suggest that if you farm the gold berries in the dessert for the last alchemy item you will probably get alot of dragon fangs along the way which can be used for the 0mp consumption(weapon shatter) enchant and you can just buy the 12 dragon hides needed in order to get your broken weapons. I got 20 Dragon Scales in the process farming the 50 Gold Berries. Unless the other weapon break materials drop easily it might be easiest to farm the Gold Beries and kill two birds with one stone with the dragon scales you get along the way.

I have found that unlike gold berries, Dragon fangs can be easily stolen. Because Vic can actualy land a blow on the snakes. I got 4 about 8 minutes. I got 3 stolen and one dropped right after Vic had already stolen one from the same snake. sweet deal huh? You can bring your full party but remember to put you sword away so only Vic attacks through the connect commands. I was dreading farming these because the first time i passed through I got only 4 in an hour. This is gonna be way easier than I though.

Oh and Vic is 125, equipped with Jambiya(moon blade kills to fast to steal sometimes), and level 3 sneaky scorpion encase you wondered. if you wanna level it real easy go to bihar mines and spam the attack and don't help unless vic gets in trouble. It should level pretty fast because of the swarms of enemies. Let Vic kill all the enemies because the attack levels by number of attempts and not number of items stolen. If Vic is killing things in just a couple hits down grade his/her weapon. I also think it's probably best to NOTuse player advantage or you will most likely steal a Viper Fang and not a dragon fang. Unless that's what your after. Yeah right!

You may get other items but it's a guaranteed item rather than a low chance at any item and even lower chance at a dragon fang. And sometimes you even get 2 for 1. One stolen one dropped.

Edited by OberonBarimen

Between my last edit of the previous post (which was roughly 30) minutes and this post I went from 11 to 26 dragon fangs that I needed. Keep in mind also that I was also taking my time clearing out the harpies so I could do some leveling of Eternal refrain at the same time I was farming. That is insanely fast compared to the previouse attempt at farming them.

Here are a few more important tips on doing this. Don't use Moon Blade because it kills to fast. I used the Ceramic dagger because all the ones lower than Moon blade have a status attack that speeds things up and Jambiya is also to strong. Do not unsleash the rest of the party if you don't steal a dragon fang. I noticed when I started doing this the Vipers dropped absolutely nothing but when I let Vic finish them off alone the dropped something 3 out of 4 times. I had read in another forum that a smaller party gets a better drop rate and I think what I observed confirms this. Only use the rest of your party if some inconsiderate moster wanders in and starts messing you up. When you just let Vic fight I think it registers a party of one and gives you a realy good drop rate. I would like anyone else still trying to get dragon fangs to test this and tell me if that is the same experience.

Edited by OberonBarimen

Okay so I wanted to use Vic but she was behind quite a bit so I wanted to level her faster. I used EXPx2 and it didn't seem to do much. I started doing some math and it was actually giving a bonus to the entire party and just from a few quick quests It looked like the bonus was being divided between the entire party so they were all getting roughly a 25% bonus.

Okay so that is somewhat lame so I decided to run even further organized tests on EXP+ 30%. I did tests stacking 4 of the enchant, NO enchant, and a single enchant. I ran the test using the three spiders at the beginning of Graad Woods in SG. I did the stacked enchant test to see if they negated one another or something Here are my results.

EXP + 30 %x4 (120%)

Start EXP

Enchantment EXP

A. 7344152

B. 7344458

C. 7344755

D. 7345054

E. 7345346

Enchant Difference

A. 301

B. 306

C. 297

D. 299

E. 292

Average difference

No enchant start

No Enchant EXP

A. 7345640

B. 7345937

C. 7346238

D. 7346542

E. 7346834

Difference

A. 294

B. 297

C. 301

D. 304

E. 292

Average difference

EXP +30%x1

Start EXP

EXP Total

A. 7347140

B. 7347437

C. 7347742

D. 7348039

E. 7348333

Difference

A. 306

B. 297

C. 305

D. 297

E. 294

Aveage difference

NOTHING! it did nothing. Does anyone know why this is. Even looked at bonuses on the equipment to see if maybe anti magic was on any of them that might interfere possibly but that was not the case. Does anyone know what is up with this

Interesting results, I never tested the experience enchants myself, I just assumed they worked :p.

Maybe try the test again against a different set of enemies see if the results change at all.

Yeah the reason I tested it was because it didn't seem that Vic was leveling any faster than anyone else. I was leveling the three Hill Gigas at the end of the same level I went back to save and decided to do a mathematical test of it. It didn't take more than 20 minutes. It also shouldn't matter how little experience there is. You always average around 300 no matter what. If you get 300 without you should get about 390 with it but that doesn't happen. I wonder though if it might be a weird glitch that is temporary or if it is a broken enchant I am not really sure. I am thinking about testing the wisdom coins and stacking of enchants I might also test the lower exp enchants. All I know is that I am really annoyed by this. I almost wonder what Monks Soul does. maybe i'll test that too.