Achievement Guide

WhineyRabbit

Why have you written a guide so early? Illegally download the game?

There was another user on this forum that accused someone of illegal activity, and he was given disciplinary action. In the words of Prince Humperdink... "I would not say such things if I were you."

That said, there's a large number of people who have gotten the game early through promotions and retailers releasing/shipping the game early. Some people have even had it for a couple weeks now. None of these people downloaded it illegally, though I'm sure there are plenty of pirates that have, and they've been most helpful contributing in this forum, so I see no reason why he wouldn't be able to write a guide at this point.

That said, I wrote a review based on the demo somewhere in this forum, and I included a tips&tricks section as well as outlining a rushing strategy. If you want, whiney, you can use the tips & tricks I wrote up, just give me credit.

Edited by General Khazard

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey just saying i found a really easy way to get the

penny pincher &

big al's scooter achievements in one game

set up a 1v1 death match (heroic difficulty) on blood gulch against cutter you using the prophet.

as soon as it starts build your temple and get your prophet then immediately run him to their base and start pounding them with your Y move on their main base atm the same time Que up some elite honor guards back at base as soon as they spawn send them through the teleporter for support and yeah easy done i manged to win in under 2 mins.

P.S also make sure not to build more then 10 units or u wont get penny pincher

hope it help's

larry69r

hey just saying i found a really easy way to get the

penny pincher &

big al's scooter achievements in one game

set up a 1v1 death match (heroic difficulty) on blood gulch against cutter you using the prophet.

as soon as it starts build your temple and get your prophet then immediately run him to their base and start pounding them with your Y move on their main base atm the same time Que up some elite honor guards back at base as soon as they spawn send them through the teleporter for support and yeah easy done i manged to win in under 2 mins.

P.S also make sure not to build more then 10 units or u wont get penny pincher

hope it help's

larry69r

The only issue I see with that is resource management. The Prophet's Y-ability sucks up resources like a fat kid (me) at a place that gives out free soda (Mountain Dew). So you would probably have to lay off the cleansing beam until you have some Honor Guards being trained.

The only issue I see with that is resource management. The Prophet's Y-ability sucks up resources like a fat kid (me) at a place that gives out free soda (Mountain Dew). So you would probably have to lay off the cleansing beam until you have some Honor Guards being trained.

When you play Deathmatch-Mode, this is absolutley no problem ;)

There is an error in your guide.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/431/UPp0jj0=.jpg Ready for the Sequel 75 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

100% Completion

Complete all missions, all secondary objectives in the missions, collect all skulls, black boxes and gold medals on legendary. Then complete all skirmish maps on both deathmatch and standard.

This isn't strictly true. I just unlocked this achievement inadvertantly when I unlocked my last Skirmish achievement (Titan)

I have yet to go through on Legendary and I unlocked the achievement when I unlocked the TITAN ACHIEVEMENT. I have still yet to get 6 achievements (2 co-op, 2 rank multiplayer achievements, Legendary completion, 24 hours played).

It looks like you actually get the achievement for the following:

Completing Single Player

Attaining Gold Medals for Each Mission

Collecting all Skulls

Completing the Halo Timeline

Playing and Winning on all Skirmish Maps

Playing and Winning on both Skirmish Modes

Attaining All Skirmish Achievements

You do NOT have to complete the game on Legendary to gain this achievement. I have yet to do it and I've unlocked it (check my Xbox.com profile) when I unlocked my last skirmish achievement Titan (which if you look unlocked just after I gained this achievement).

Just wanted to let you know in case people start rushing off to do Legendary for this achievement :)

There is an error in your guide.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/431/UPp0jj0=.jpg Ready for the Sequel 75 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

100% Completion

Complete all missions, all secondary objectives in the missions, collect all skulls, black boxes and gold medals on legendary. Then complete all skirmish maps on both deathmatch and standard.

This isn't strictly true. I just unlocked this achievement inadvertantly when I unlocked my last Skirmish achievement (Titan)

I have yet to go through on Legendary and I unlocked the achievement when I unlocked the TITAN ACHIEVEMENT. I have still yet to get 6 achievements (2 co-op, 2 rank multiplayer achievements, Legendary completion, 24 hours played).

It looks like you actually get the achievement for the following:

Completing Single Player

Attaining Gold Medals for Each Mission

Collecting all Skulls

Completing the Halo Timeline

Playing and Winning on all Skirmish Maps

Playing and Winning on both Skirmish Modes

Attaining All Skirmish Achievements

You do NOT have to complete the game on Legendary to gain this achievement. I have yet to do it and I've unlocked it (check my Xbox.com profile) when I unlocked my last skirmish achievement Titan (which if you look unlocked just after I gained this achievement).

Just wanted to let you know in case people start rushing off to do Legendary for this achievement :)

As I am yet to unlock it myself, me and my co-op partner earlier were taking stabs in the dark.

Thanks for the information, I'll update the achievement guide now.

Just as a heads up, I believe you must unlock ALL skirmish achievements as I put above, not just Titan as you have put. That includes:

- Titan

- 2 Bugs are Better Than 1

- Penny Pincher

- My Virtual Friends Love Me

- Walk Off Winner

- Big Al's Scooter

You've also got to unlock these ones below anyway for the Timeline achievement, but they are needed for the 100% so I'll just add them here too:

- Gallivant Around The Galaxy

- Playing the Field

- Empire Builder

Just didn't want your guide to have some misinformation that's all! Props to the rest of your guide though, very well done.

Even Easyier WAY to do this

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/431/UPi5ZBU=.jpg Penny Pincher 10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Get a winning High Score with 10 or less Squads against the Heroic AI

This can be tough. Play as the Brute Chieftain and put the enemy as a USNC on Heroic. Imidiately build the temple and send your Chief to destroy the base, keep using his special attack. While that's happening send a couple of Brute's to assist.

Right start as any USNC leader on a DEATHMATCH game build a Airbase and 2 HAWKS and then the rest Warthogs the ATTACK keep using the Y Ability of the HAWKS which will eat the BASE ALIVE HAHAHA lol

This is a confirmed way i got the achievement this way

" You must complete the campaign, obtain a gold medal on each mission, collect all skulls and black boxes, win as every leader in skirmish, win on every map in skirmish, win both a standard and deathmatch skirmish match and unlock the Titan achievement. " for 100% u need 24 hours of playing, i had everything there and didn't unlock till 24 hour.. some1 confirm idk if maybe it was just me or not.. Just saying u might wanna add that in there.

nice guide, but may i point out that to get the first skull you need to have killed at least 48 grunts before entering the base and you cant kill all units in the base or the mission will end before you collect the skull and when you go to rescue the 4th set of odst you must kill the grunts quickly or you wont get the 100 you need for the skull to appear.

also for the 24 hour achievement theres no point grinding it on a 1v1 skirmish the game takes longer than this anyway if you want your 1000