Persuasion Hints [Slightly Spoilerrific]

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finally got my 1000/1000, i can say this its easier to start a new game and just focus on persuasions. i followed everything in this thread and it unlocked but i noticed one thing while doing it, Dispelling did not count in the end. i kept it all tallied on paper as i got them keeping each type in its own area, in the end i was at 50 persuasion, 5 dispel, and 1 detect hidden (lie). just start up a game on easy and in about 6 hours it should did (depending on skill)

finally got my 1000/1000, i can say this its easier to start a new game and just focus on persuasions. i followed everything in this thread and it unlocked but i noticed one thing while doing it, Dispelling did not count in the end. i kept it all tallied on paper as i got them keeping each type in its own area, in the end i was at 50 persuasion, 5 dispel, and 1 detect hidden (lie). just start up a game on easy and in about 6 hours it should did (depending on skill)

What do you mean? Are you saying starting a new game lets you accumulate persuasion points from an older save? Because you can't complete the achievement just in 6 hours since many persuasion opportunities are found in the faction and main quests.

What do you mean? Are you saying starting a new game lets you accumulate persuasion points from an older save? Because you can't complete the achievement just in 6 hours since many persuasion opportunities are found in the faction and main quests.

what i meant by starting a new game is if you messed up around the start of the game like i did and missed a good about 5-10 its easier to start a new game.

as for 6 hours i did the entire main story, 3 factions too the end (only did the start of sorrows), and a bunch of quests. i ignored 70% of monsters and fast traveled as often as i could.

and no they do not stack between games, i was at 39ish on my first play through.

Thanks for all the work putting this list together. I didn't start using it til I was into the game awhile. I had already completed Warsworn and Traveler faction quests and I'd failed 5 or 6 persuasions earlier in the game. I just got the achievement with quite a few on the list that I hadn't done or progressed far enough to do.

I still haven't been to the eastern area and I'd estimate there are at least 65 opportunities based on the ones I failed and what's still on the list I haven't done.

In the House of Sorrows quest 'Proving Grounds' there are three persuasion attempts at different points during the initiation.

You have to do a 'gauntlet' of survival and choice-making so that the king can get an idea of who you are. He communicates through a blue crystal ball and talks to you in between each challenge.

Make sure to save before each conversation, I have maxed out persuasion and all three attempts had a 62% chance of success. Had to reload a few times for one of them to succeed.

Thanks for the tips :)

I was pretty scared I wasn't going to be able to get the achievement because I missed quite a few of the persuasion attempts in the beginning. I just barely got the achievement, 76 hours in and 189 quests completed, on what I think would have been the last persuasion attempt possible for me XD (just finishing up the Scholia Arcana).

I was wondering whether I was wasting my time posting in this thread but it looks like OP updates it regularly.

Good work, this should be stickied for the benefit of future users.

I believe that i listed most, if not all of the persuasion attempts. I didn't touch side missions before finishing the game on hard.

The way i did this was to list main quests, faction quests and then the rest in that order. Maybe that could've been done differently, but i'm not sure.

Got this last night, 60 hours in. Only have 3 points in persuasion (1 book, 2 trainers) and I had no trouble. Just save before you are about to turn in quests, as many times the NPC will have persuasion options in the dialogue. I did the save/load trick when I failed, but truthfully I passed most of them, even with only 3 skill points.