Excellent Glitch to get Ace! Works Like Charm

tarekegypt

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the reason why I love this site :woop: Excellent find and excellent guide guys, it really really helped with the Ace achievement!

A couple of tips from my experience:

• It is not very clear at step 5 of the guide, but you must do the attach-detach process 3-4 times at least to be low enough and not get hit. The last attachment must be from the controller of the player that needs the achievement.

• I found it much better bringing the ships near the right end of the screen (with the other controller), as it help hitting more enemies just when they appear on screen and also the mines do not block you as much as they do if you stayed on the left side.

• For all the boss fights, except the one on level 5 the best position is on the left as you can aim easier on their week spot and they cannot reach you where you are. The boss on level 5 fires a wicked laser shot that will get you and kill you if you stay on the left (yes I learned it the hard way...). So stay near the right end just below his weak spot and fire vertically up to get him.

Edited by aSMiLoN

I found it much better bringing the ships near the right end of the screen (with the other controller)

You CAN'T stay near the right side of the screen for the final boss. I learned the hard way.

So, as a reminder, there is one boss where you MUST stay to the RIGHT and the final boss you MUST NOT stay to the RIGHT.

If you are still confused my advice is to play the game on Normal so you can see the way the bosses fight.

Huge thanks to the guys who brought this to my attention! Just got myself Ace + Legend achievements :woop:

Every second is crucial when you are doing the attach/re-attach process - the enemies start moving in & firing quickly. Just like aSMiLoN said, you should attach/re-attach many times to be safe. I thought I was safe, died, somehow managed to rescue my second ship and do the glitch mid-level... phew!

• 1 month later...

there is another method, easier but takes more time to do it. Start the game either on normal alone or with another player on insane. Reach the Re-Entry level, do it all the way until you reach the level's boss (the spider robot who throws 8 meteors, then destroys them with a laser attack). Do not kill the boss yet. If you are near 100,000-130,000 points by now do this: Simply avoid/dodge the meteors and the laser attacks, grab the powerups (but don't use them) (they worth 50 points). When the player gets the solid laser powerup, use it to destroy some or most of the meteors before the robot does the samething. You get 40 points per meteor (8 * 40 = 320 + 50 for the powerup = 370 points). Rinse and repeat. You will get ~10,000 points for destroying the boss, so do this trick until you reach ~175,000 points. After destroying the boss, you should get the achievement. If not, at the next level. I need somebody who can try this with me on insane, because on normal, it's taking some

times. (I died at 120,150 points :mad:)

Edited by Dany1981Mtl

I finally got this achievement, so happy now. Finally, I was using the glitch posted before, i almost lost my progess at level 5 because one of my ship died when i was trying to move to the right of the screen in order to hide there because of the diagonal laser attacks but I was able to rescue it with my other ship then quickly i made it with both of my ships, then I did the attach-deattach trick. When I reached the final boss, I had 174,750 points and i was like, damn i hope this boss doesn't worth 10,000 points like the others because i will be 10250 points short for getting the achievement :( But i got 20,000 points for it, so my final score was over 194,750 :drunk:woop:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...