Achievement Discussion

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, i agree with everyone else here. No multiplayer achievements, maybe co-op (but none like WAW please where you HAVE to play with a full room or compete with anyone...) but I personally would enjoy it more if they kept the achievements like the way they did it for Call of Duty 2 and 4. Why call of duty 1 isn't there, is it isn't out on 360 yet.

The Veteran achievements are enough of a challenge, and the online is just much better without achievement boosters in your rooms. While i don't mind it exactly, as I've entered LFD rooms with boosters, I'm pretty sure a lot of serious multiplayers don't like boosters...

What's all this talk about Special Forces mode? It sounds interesting, and to be honest i love special forces like stuff, and i'm all for achievements for it, but what exactly is it? The posts make it sound like the mile high like thing, but anyone have any substantial information about it? Anyways, this game looks good, just no prestige achievements...

:uzi::eek::uzi::eek::uzi::eek::woop::woop::woop:

i think there should be

10g for 1st prestige

20g for 2nd prestige

30g for 3rd prestige

40g for 4th prestige

50g for 5th prestige

60g for 6th prestige

70g for 7th prestige

80g for 8th prestige

90g for 9th prestige

100g for 10th prestige

:uzi::eek::uzi::eek::uzi::eek::woop::woop::woop:

50g for getting a 25+ kill streak

25g for getting 12 or more kills in Search and Destroy

wow 625g just for online....proply cus u cant finish harderned or higher...so u just want online achieves so u can get ppl to help u achieve boost. LAME!

i like CoD WaW, no multiplayer achieves, but if they r make em 0g.

i've only played Cod Waw and CoD MW and i would say the way the achieves are set out are Perfect. All Offline(Co-Op is ok) and kool little achieves in between missions. Example - CoD WaW - The Professional - Shoot all of Amsel's henchmen, including their attack dog, without reloading.

And anyone have proplems with veteran achieves, saying there to hard, deal with it jeez. be a pretty boring game if the achievements were like: CoD MW2 Finished - 1000g - Complete Cod MW2 Campaign on any Difficatly.

Jeez took me pretty long to finish Cod Waw last mission on veteran(lot of swearing and bashing the controller and the turn off buttom), but i sucked it up and finished it.

well thats all for now.

have fun reading lol

Edited by Itachi Evil

Hartley your asking in the very wrong place for that kind of thing.

and please dont put that many emotions in your posts, its very annoying. But it wont happen, belive it or not there is a single player in MW2, and i think im one of the small group who is looking forward to the single player more than the multiplayer.

Yep I am in the same boat too. Love SP in games. I always beat them first before playing online.

the achievements from CoD 4 were almost perfect (except for the damn Mile High Club achievement.. still can't get it :mad:)

Single player achievements = :woop:

Coop achievements = :)

Multiplayer achievements = :mad:

wow 625g just for online....proply cus u cant finish harderned or higher...so u just want online achieves so u can get ppl to help u achieve boost. LAME!

i like CoD WaW, no multiplayer achieves, but if they r make em 0g.

i've only played Cod Waw and CoD MW and i would say the way the achieves are set out are Perfect. All Offline(Co-Op is ok) and kool little achieves in between missions. Example - CoD WaW - The Professional - Shoot all of Amsel's henchmen, including their attack dog, without reloading.

And anyone have proplems with veteran achieves, saying there to hard, deal with it jeez. be a pretty boring game if the achievements were like: CoD MW2 Finished - 1000g - Complete Cod MW2 Campaign on any Difficatly.

Jeez took me pretty long to finish Cod Waw last mission on veteran(lot of swearing and bashing the controller and the turn off buttom), but i sucked it up and finished it.

well thats all for now.

have fun reading lol

im bored of veteran achievements theyre to easy

thats why i want multiplayer

http://card.mygamercard.net/oO+6HaRtLeY9+Oo.png

Im pretty sure i remember watching an interview with someone from IW on the xbox dashboard and they said that they dont use online achievements as it usually means people trying to do stuff online for achievements rather than playing the game properly.

Think it was for Modern Warfare 2 anyway, guess we'll see when it comes out

I think there should be some online play achievements. Just playing Team Death you see people go like 35 and 3, crazy things like that. Everyones got rounds like that when they play, unless your just god awful. But I'd like to see achievements like;

In a round of domination, single handedly steal 5 flags from your opponent.

In a round of head quarters, call in at least 3 air strikes.

In a round of team deathmatch, have a kill to death ratio of +30.

I think things like that would be cool. Not all online achievements, but atleast 10 or so would be cool.

Ok...First off...just cause someone hits 10th prestige dosent mean they dont have a life.....there are people who are 1st prestige that have more gameplay days than me...so it really dosent matter....ANNNYYWAYY...I hope its like cod 4 achievments...but u can do the veteren on co-op or something...but maybe some online achievments...prestige ones...like in WaW, but hopefully not anyones that are to hard to get...like Gold Digger in the ufc game...need something that is possiable :woop:

I think a few online achievements would be good. No more than 100 points worth, and definately nothing radical like getting to 10th prestige.

Some examples:

1. I am the Beginning and the End - Get the first kill and the last kill in a Team Deathmatch game (10 points)

2. One Man Team - Singlehandedly capture three HQ's in a game of Headquarters (15 points)

3. Let Him Suffer - Down an enemy into second chance and let him bleed out (10 points)

4. Nubtub3r! - Die by an enemy rifle grenade within three seconds of spawning (5 points)

I would like to see weapon kill online achievement.

Most likly:

10,000 kill with any weapon

500 Headshot with sniper

100 kill with knive

So do u think should have weapon kill online achievement.

You might like those but most people find those annoying, especially the grinding. Leave those achievements to crappier games that need online achievements to have people to play. IW does a good job the way they do their games, i say leave it to them.

Im pretty sure i remember watching an interview with someone from IW on the xbox dashboard and they said that they dont use online achievements as it usually means people trying to do stuff online for achievements rather than playing the game properly.

out

This is the perfect reason why there shouldn't be any online achievements. In single player, if you want to do crazy stuff like only use the knife to get an achievement, that's fine. When you're playing with other people, you should play whatever way will give you the most fun, not whatever way will increase your gamer score.