Unlocking Ace (185,000 points)

MrGame004

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got it w/ two controllers... just have someone who can drive the ships well around the levels on the second controller, play on the hardest difficulty, and ask him not to kill anyone on the first 2 or 3 levels, just attach to him and start shooting in all directions and killing enemies, if u're good at shooting u'll get the achievement arind the 5th stage...

• 2 weeks later...

using two controllers works really well. When you hold both controllers, playing the game is almost exactly the same; your left thumb controls movement, your right controls shooting. I made it through the fist 5 levels without dying no problem (but then I ended up being killed by the boss). I was beating my previous level scores by at least a thousand points.

The only thing I might add is that having a friend to actually play with you for the bosses would be a big help.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I'm going to get this. Aegis Wing used to be my best friend. Then he turned on me and demanded I pay him $185, 000. After countless tries I couldn't seem to get enough. Then he left me one day. I woke up on the bed alone. Alone. For the whole of August he prank called me, until I tracked him down and killed him. Yup, shot the bastard in the face. :)

That would make a great movie, but I really don't think I'm going to get Ace. I realize it's not impossible but with my current playing abilities and thinking a geth destroyer is going to run around the corner and rush me, I don't think it's gonna happen. I can't seem to make it past the Fourth level though, too bad the rockets aren't as common as I'd like them to be. And I must say, I suck alone, I find I get overwhelmed by the waves and waves of ships too much. I think I'm going to need a playboy, or a play buddy wichever one, whoever wants to be. ;) Well, I'm heading over to the Trading thread...

• 4 months later...
What's the trick to dodging the last bosses lasers? Because I always die at him but I see people just stand still when he fires and they come out fine?!?!

I know what you mean!!

:wtfI actually try to dodge them and die, while my friends just stand there and don't

:wtf

:omgOMGWTFBBQ:omg

:ass:ass:ass:ass:ass:ass:ass:ass

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I came so close with 181k, just 4k off, that's so annoying. Although good guide nontheless.

EDIT: Yay, just got it with 190k! :D

Here's roughly the scores after each level I did:

1. 13,000

2. 35,000

3. 55,000

4. 85,000

5. 120,000

Then on the last level after the first boss fight bit I had about 140,000 I think. Then you just need to get your score up to 165,000 before the final boss fight.

These scores aren't accurate obviously but they're roughly what I did from memory. Use them as guidelines if you're having trouble with the achievement.

Edited by Professor Pie

WHEW!

Just got the achievement, and I'm definitely happy.

Did it with a friend who was willing to play with me.

Ended up staying at the meteor boss for a while, got my points up to 122K heading to the last level and it was smooth-sailing from there on.

Glad I stayed though, only got 189K.

Still, 200/200 on Aegis Wing! CHEA!

I came so close with 181k, just 4k off, that's so annoying. Although good guide nontheless.

EDIT: Yay, just got it with 190k! :D

Here's roughly the scores after each level I did:

1. 13,000

2. 35,000

3. 55,000

4. 85,000

5. 120,000

Then on the last level after the first boss fight bit I had about 140,000 I think. Then you just need to get your score up to 165,000 before the final boss fight.

These scores aren't accurate obviously but they're roughly what I did from memory. Use them as guidelines if you're having trouble with the achievement.

Are these accurate guidlines? Im stumpted on this balls of an achievement been at it for ages cant do it lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...