Texas Heat Fall 2012 DLC out now

fuelstaind

So did anyone retroactively get the 2500 Heat hands yet? I played all 12 Heat sessions on Saturday, and averaged about 20 hands per session thanks to being paired up with only 3 humans and the rest CPU bots. When I used to get a full table of humans, I'd usually only get in 12 to 15 hands.

So assuming you are able to get in 20 hands per Heat, and you do all 12 sessions available on both Tuesday and Saturday, you'll get 480 hands per week, meaning you'll need five and a half weeks of playing EVERY Heat session to reach 2500 hands.

I think I'm more upset that there's no way to track your Heat progress with a counter, more than I am that they put in the 2500 Heat hands achievement.

A pretty funny aside: I actually ended one Heat session today ranked 74th with a Gold Medal from folding every single hand during the session! *LOL* I didn't even pay attention until the final tally screen that I had somehow scored that much XP just from Smart Folds. I'm assuming that only happened because there was a showdown every hand and my cards would never have won, as earning a Gold purely on folds is a very rare occurrence.

Edited by Gunstar Red

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So did anyone retroactively get the 2500 Heat hands yet? I played all 12 Heat sessions on Saturday, and averaged about 20 hands per session thanks to being paired up with only 3 humans and the rest CPU bots. When I used to get a full table of humans, I'd usually only get in 12 to 15 hands.

So assuming you are able to get in 20 hands per Heat, and you do all 12 sessions available on both Tuesday and Saturday, you'll get 480 hands per week, meaning you'll need five and a half weeks of playing EVERY Heat session to reach 2500 hands.

I think I'm more upset that there's no way to track your Heat progress with a counter, more than I am that they put in the 2500 Heat hands achievement.

Yea that's what I'm afraid of. Too many humans. But All-In insures there will only be 2-3 players a time without too many decisions to be made from other players. Or you'll get eliminated and eventually make it to a table with only computer players.

If you only play Texas Heat from now on then Hands Played will only count your Texas Heat hands and you can use that as a counter.

I'm worried sitting out doesn't count as playing a hand.

Edit: Oh looks like you're right. My hands played went up in my career stats while sitting out! Well that looks like the easiest way then. :)

Yeah, I checked to make sure the counter was going up. The only downside is that it says you lose your medal or something if you're still sitting out at the end. But I personally could care less.

Not sure if I'm allowed to link here or not.

http://www.trueachievements.com/Full-House-Poker/achievements.htm

There are no tracked users who have the Texas Heat achievement on that site. Out of the 282 people who have this DLC, 0 people have the achievement. You can assume anyone who has this DLC has to like this game a lot since very few people know about this DLC.

That's kind of surprising because if the game did keep track of previous Texas Heat tournaments, I'd assume there would be at least 1 person who loves em to death and have the achievement.

Edited by Crash Geom

I also averaged about 20 per game. I just put my arcade stick with B (fold) on turbo. I'll try it with Y (all in) next and see if that is faster.

The only problem with All-In Turbo Y method is Y doesn't do anything if they bet more money than you have. You have to call for it to continue. More of a problem on the Single & Double diamond tables.

i do notice the new achievements do not say what season they are related to. So even if it's not retroactive, you should be able to get this next season as well.

I'm thinking this is the case too seeing as no one, as far as I know, has unlocked it yet.

It would be ridiculous to try and play 2.5k hands in one season only since not everyone would be able to attend all the sessions needed or get enough hands in due to people purposefully delaying the game and what not. Hopefully this is the case and Krome continues to add these kinds of achievements rather than tying them to seasons.

Hopefully this is the case and Krome continues to add these kinds of achievements rather than tying them to seasons.

No, hopefully this game freaking dies. These last two rounds of achievements have been ridiculous with the 10,000 hands and 2,500 hands of Texas Heat. I'm waiting for a royal flush achievement to be next at this rate.

No, hopefully this game freaking dies. These last two rounds of achievements have been ridiculous with the 10,000 hands and 2,500 hands of Texas Heat. I'm waiting for a royal flush achievement to be next at this rate.

I don't think the 10,000 hands achievement is ridiculous at all. It is if you don't play Fullhouse Poker much I assume. Even then - standard game against 10 players - Sit out and you'll get it in no time. I had around 13,000 hands when this DLC came out. If you play in tournaments, you'll get 50-200 hands heads up against a calling station when the blinds are still ridiculously low.

You know the original Texas Hold'em game - the achievement was getting 1 of every single poker hand. Now that was ridiculous. Royal Flush is like 0.00015% and that's assuming every hand makes it to the river.

Edited by Crash Geom

OK, so you don't think playing 10,000 hands is ridiculous. But can we agree that an achievement that requires you to play 50-60 hours of a tournament that's only available twice a week during specific times is ridiculous?

Of course that's ridiculous which is why I didn't mention it in my other post.

I guess so, I just like playing against the human player whilst trying for the winning 1,000,000 chips in one hand achievement, I never know what the AI has. They play wild and unpredictable poker and I cn't bet accordingly.

Get a friend who also needs that achievement. Start a private game. Both Buy in for 250k. Now 1 person loses 9 times and your friend should have 2.25m. Rebuy for 250K. Win until you have 1m. Win that hand. You get achievement. Have your friend rebuy. Lose it all to friend. Now your friend gets the achievement.

Edited by Crash Geom

I decided to keep a running total of my Texas Heat hands played since they decided not to include any type of counter. I suggest others do the same to save your sanity.

I was able to do all 12 sessions on both Saturday and Tuesday, and now have roughly 520 hands played after 24 total sessions. I got somewhat lucky in that I was at tables with less than 3 humans allowing me to get in almost 25 hands per session. Even more lucky when I got a bully AI or human who forces everyone to fold constantly.

I think we've all given up hope that it's retroactive since at least one person should have gotten it by now if it was.

Edited by Gunstar Red

I decided to keep a running total of my Texas Heat hands played since they decided not to include any type of counter. I suggest others do the same to save your sanity.

I was able to do all 12 sessions on both Saturday and Tuesday, and now have roughly 520 hands played after 24 total sessions. I got somewhat lucky in that I was at tables with less than 3 humans allowing me to get in almost 25 hands per session. Even more lucky when I got a bully AI or human who forces everyone to fold constantly.

I think we've all given up hope that it's retroactive since at least one person should have gotten it by now if it was.

Nice keep up the good work.

Quick question if you're sitting out when demoted to a lower Diamond Table or you still sitting out? I suppose it doesn't really matter since you'll auto sit-out after 3 hands, but just curious.

Leaving this link here for my reference:

http://www.trueachievements.com/a167924/feel-the-heat-achievement.htm

Edited by Crash Geom

Quick question if you're sitting out when demoted to a lower Diamond Table or you still sitting out? I suppose it doesn't really matter since you'll auto sit-out after 3 hands, but just curious.

Yup, you'll still be sitting out even when you get demoted. Though I think your controller will vibrate to let you know you've been knocked down to a different table since I had it do that while sitting out.

Well, if the achievement is NOT retroactive, and someone were to get in the absolute most possible hands per session, somewhere between 30 to 35 hands per heat (35 was my personal record I got only once), and played every single Tuesday and Saturday session, the very earliest logistically possible date to first unlock this will be October 13.

We should start seeing several really dedicated achievement hunters or FHP players have this by October 20 with an average of 20 hands.

Nice keep up the good work.

Leaving this link here for my reference:

yes, but when you start the next game, you will not be sitting out at the start. But as you said... After about 3 hands you will be automatically sitting out. When you are demoted, I know it vibrates and gives you a few seconds to use your life saver, but you will still be sitting out.

Someone just got the Texas Heat achievement. So I guess that answers the question of whether your previous hands counts or not.

That guy modded his gamerscore. He unlocked all the 2011 Texas Heat Seasons achievements as well as the the 2,500 hands achievements offline.