Hardcore/Normal Campiagn Walkthrough

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd246/jweisner/OFDR.jpg

Written By: a SN3AKY SNAKE

Credits to Nesher Lavan, oo NUKE oo, Slackydave, Aponac, Soldier 4 I Am, Prophollus

*Guide is almost complete. Any contributions welcomed!*

Mission 01: Dragon Rising Difficulty: 5/10

Mission 02: Blinding the Dragon Difficulty: ?/10

Mission 03: United We Stand Difficulty: 7/10

This mission is fairly easy until the end were you need to defend the village from the PLA.

Make sure you have the APC. When you clear the village and your APC is facing the village on the road going into the village you will see a long dark building. There will be PLA troops that will spawn here. If facing the sandbags and machinegun it will be on your right.

Park the APC North of the building if the airfield is South. The North end that is facing the beach where the mission started. You should be able to see the top of the hill by the road where the jeep will come from and a large amount of PLA troops. You should also to your left side be able to see the other hill to the far left. (When I did it there was a tree blocking some of my long and short shots, but was able to kill everything that came near me.)

Get in the gun turret and hold down the (B) button and press down on the (D) pad to select the exploding rounds. Switch to the Thermal vision. Screen should be gray and anything with a heat signature will be bright white. Once you have them fire away. Watch the hill in front of you and watch for enemies to your left. MAKE SURE you kill the AT gunners when they appear. They will light your would up fast if not killed quickly.

I used the 2nd APC from the start. Doing this allowed me to see the first 2 AT Teams. I used the APC through the whole level and worked like a charm.

Mission 04: Eagle Offense Difficulty: 6/10

When you're approaching the airfield, after having taken out the small settlement with mortar fire, you'll see that some APC's and a jeep are joining you. Get in the jeep and order your entire team to enter as well. Then you drive south and take a curve to the east, around the actual airfield. Don't stop for anything and drive to the control tower, to the east (you should be south of the large open area and the buildings where there's a lot of heat). Your gunner should help you keep off any enemies

Once you have captured the tower set your squad to defend the lowest floor. You need to stay on top at least until you shoot down the helicopter (look in the ammo crate at the bottom of the tower for a SAM). Save at least half of your 4 air strikes until the period after you shoot down the helicopter. Then prowl around the middle and bottom floor picking off PLA and calling in a few air strikes.

A problem that seems to be when defending the control tower is that enemy APC’s seem to be destroying the entire tower so another suggestion would be going over the landing strip behind the rock (at the bushes). You can kill everything from here - APC's helicopter and infantry. All you really need is a scoped rifle and the AA launcher

Note: if you're out of AT-weapons, there is another crate at the other side of the tower (so that the tower is between you and the incoming APC's).

Mission 05: Powder Trail Difficulty 7/10

This mission will be mostly trial and error for you and will take time as the POWs don’t seem to listen very well. The way I have explained how to finish this mission is meant for speed, but due to the high amount of enemies you’ll encounter in the village speed may not work for you. You can try to eliminate most if not all the enemies or due a quick in and out rescue.

Once you hook up with Echo take the Humvee and head east along the coast. Look out for groups of enemies on the way and also keep a look out for the enemy chopper. If you see the enemy chopper make sure you hide from it because it will blow up the Humvee including you if you aren’t lucky. As you arrive at the village have your squad defend the area south of you were you and the hostages will need to run. Keep them there defending, while telling the POW’s to “Move fast” to the extraction point. (Make sure you check that they are because there seems to be an issue with them not doing so.) As you make your way to the extraction, tell your team to follow if they are still alive. Get into the chopper with both POW’s and mission complete.

Mission 06: Hip Shot Difficulty:5/10

Sprint to the lookout point where there you’ll find a guard. Headshot him and wait for the other team to create the diversion.

Once the diversion begins head down to the depot from the outlook heading left. As you are heading left there will be a guard patrolling, but do not shoot him. Head into the depot where there are large cylinder tanks near a refueling spot. In front of the refuel station there is a guard, kill him. Head straight to the generator and plant a charge. Leave the depot the same way you entered but wait until you see that guard you passed as he’ll be coming back around. Let him pass and head towards the extraction. There will be 3-4 enemies at the LZ so keep a look out and mission completed.

Another Strategy:

Once you blow the fuel depot, run straight through to the other side and enter the idle jeep parked outside. If your teammates can make it, fine, but at this point they are not necessary. Simply drive toward the LZ but loop around to the reverse side. The enemies waiting there will be facing the wrong direction, allowing you to pick them all off.

Mission 07: Bleeding Edge Difficulty: 7/10

The APC actually works great, just keep following the road that the APC starts out on. Head towards where the AT teams are at but stay back a bit so that they don’t blow up the APC. Get into the gunner seat and use the thermal with explosive rounds instead of the machine gun. Once the AT teams are killed head up the road more and to the right you should be able to pick out the MG nests. Also remember to take out the MGs on the left side of the road there should be two also. When continuing down the road you'll have to take out 2 spotter teams directly in front of you. Don’t get too close as there are a total of 3 ATs. Two are in the trees and one is closer down the road. Continue using the explosive rounds and should take them all out fairly easy. There will be two more spotter teams on the left of the road also. Continuing further there are 3, 2 man teams of AA again us the explosive rounds and done. Now the last part at the fuel depot don’t get too close but head down the road until it becomes a dirt road and continue that until you are overlooking the depot. Kill anything glowing from there and the rest move in on foot as mortars will take out the APC.

Mission 08: Looking For Lois Difficulty:5/10

At the start of the mission is a shack with two soldiers in it. One is packing a handy sniper rifle. Snag it to make the base assault a breeze. Run down the mountain when you get to the POWs, there are 4 PLA enemies that you have to kill. Once done head back up the mountain from where you started and continue north to the LZ. On the way I ran into 3 groups of 3 PLA enemies but wasn't anything difficult. This will allow you to get to the base undetected. Once at the LZ, There are about 7-10 PLA enemies. Once all ten are dead, your ride out of there should arrive.

*Note: Not all 3 POWs have to survive to complete the mission. I had only 2 make it and completed it.

Edited by a SN3AKY SNAKE

Mission 09: Trumpet’s Sound Difficulty: 7/10

Morter the 3 ATs and 3 tanks. Head down the road and grab the jeep and continue forward down the raod but stop before coming up to the new area. There are 3 PLA and one has an AT and will destroy the jeep. Take these three out and drive up to the new location and secure the area. Head up the hill and destroy the remaining AT gunners and when that objective is complete, head back to the jeep and hang a far right staying far away enough to avoid mortar fire while you can. When directly south of the monestary, go as far as you can with the car but be mindful of the mortar strikes. Continue on foot eliminating the 4 spotter teams and level finished!

Mission 10: Decapitation Difficulty: 4/10

This mission is one of the easiest missions in the game, as long as you stay undetected though.

Head up the mountain and kill the sniper. Follow Han along the mountain side as you are directed. I continued on the ridge left of the road Han is traveling. run to the top of the mountain overseeing the radio station and try to destroy the radio station and Han together or you'll have to run in and destroy the radio station with explosives. when both objectives are completed head straight to the extraction and look out for PLA patrols.

Mission 11: Dragon Fury Difficulty: 6/10

Begin by immediately taking out the enemies’ tank. To do this run and get on the road so you have a clear shot with the javelin. Once the tank is destroyed, move towards the old shack where the MG is.

Inside the shack is a crate where you can pick up a Queen bee rocket launcher*. Take out the MG’s at the top of the hill then head right and jump into a friendly M1 tank and make your way towards the enemy AAA vehicles. As you’re approaching keep an eye out for AT Gunners. Destroy the AAA with the tank and eliminate any other foot troops as you wait for the Choppers.

After destroying the AAA vehicles, grab a helicopter, fly to the back of the base and work your way forward. There's about 20-25 PLA enemies total.

*Note: I grabbed the rocket launcher because sometimes the tank gets destroyed by AT Gunners. By having the Queen Bee it’s much easier to take out the AAA then relying on squad mates or using C4.

Good job Marines! Semper Fi

Edited by a SN3AKY SNAKE

A few notes:

Mission 2 becomes incredibly easy if you first play it on Normal and learn the proper waypoints. Following those same directions in Hardcore puts you in a much better tactical position that aimlessly running around.

Mission 6: Once you blow the fuel depot, don't backtrack through your original entrance. Run straight through to the other side and enter the idle jeep parked outside. If your teammates can make it, fine, but at this point they are not necessary. Simply drive toward the LZ but loop around to the reverse side. The enemies waiting there will be facing the wrong direction, allowing you to pick them all off.

Mission 7: YMMV, but I found that mounting an APC and clearing out the machine gun nests before the first mortar team worked wonders. I personally hopped out and ran up the hill to the first team, but kept the APC with me throughout the entire mission to pick off distant enemies. As long as you keep your distance, it works well for the final assault.

Mission 8: At the start of the mission is a shack with two soldiers in it. One is packing a handy sniper rifle. Snag it to make the base assault a breeze.

Mission 9 is made much easier once you learn you can skip directly to the monastery in a jeep. It's lame, but once you clear out the anti-armor teams you can hijack a jeep and take it in a wide path around the backside of the mountain. As long as the spotters don't see you they won't lob mortars your way. Simple keep to valleys.

Mission 9 is made much easier once you learn you can skip directly to the monastery in a jeep. It's lame, but once you clear out the anti-armor teams you can hijack a jeep and take it in a wide path around the backside of the mountain. As long as the spotters don't see you they won't lob mortars your way. Simple keep to valleys.

Really? Im playing through this mission again on hardcore will try thanks for the tip!

Finished it with that strategy! Had 10 min on the clock when I completed it!

Hardcore is actually fairly simple once you know the little tricks. Annoying, but straitforward.

Another note on Mission 3: At the beginning of the mission, clear out the initial enemy groups, then hijack an APC and boogie up the hill as fast as possible. The final mortar/spotter team, however, will (in my experience) always take out at least one APC before you get a chance to kill them.

• 3 weeks later...