Easy 100% (glitch)

leetshoe

This is an easy way to get the 100% achievement (along with the 50 bandages one). (This will also allow you to see all bandage characters along with Meat Ninja.) To do this you must a) Have a warp zone with a bandage available in one of the first two levels and b) have a normal level with a bandage available.

This works by allowing you to collect bandages but then they reappear on the level. A side effect of this glitch is it will not allow you to save progress (so it won't save the 100% or any level you've beaten after you start it).

To start the glitch go into a warp zone that has a bandage available in one of the first two levels. Collect that bandage and proceed to the next part of the warp zone. Waste all three lives so you die and fail the warp zone.

Now that the glitch is activated go to a level with a bandage available and collect that bandage. (To make sure it's working you can go to the map and see your bandage count and percentage go up but the bandage symbol isn't on the stage.) Now just keep replaying that level while getting the bandage and you will eventually get 100%. Each bandage is approximately .25-.5% of total completion.

l would suggest only doing this after you have done absolutely everything you can and just can't beat those last couple of levels (maybe at ~90%). l did it after beating the dark world and all of Cotton Alley. Also remember that it will not save until you restart (and when you do you will lose the 100%). There might be a way to save it (because l somehow have 125% on World 1) but l don't feel like exploring how (probably involves beating the warp zone with the bandage or something).

Couldn't you have kept this to yourself? I mean these achievements were suppose to be hard or a challenge to unlock but this glitch that you decided to share with everyone has ruined that. IMO is information should not have been shared here but instead reported to Team Meat (with any luck they are already aware and working on a fix).

Also no one needs to "remind" me what website I'm at as I'm fully aware. I'm at a website that helps you EARN achievements with helpful advice, using this method you are not earning anything but a false sense of accomplishment.

Maybe this thread will get removed like the 0:00 time on any level exploit was.

When you say "available", do you mean you can't have the bandage prior?

Like you can't have already collected it and tried using this glitch?

Yes, you need to be able to collect a bandage so if you have all 101 or just have hard ones left then this won't be an option

Couldn't you have kept this to yourself? I mean these achievements were suppose to be hard or a challenge to unlock but this glitch that you decided to share with everyone has ruined that. IMO is information should not have been shared here but instead reported to Team Meat (with any luck they are already aware and working on a fix).

Also no one needs to "remind" me what website I'm at as I'm fully aware. I'm at a website that helps you EARN achievements with helpful advice, using this method you are not earning anything but a false sense of accomplishment.

Maybe this thread will get removed like the 0:00 time on any level exploit was.

l am sorry you feel that way but the zero time messes with leaderboards while this one is just an easier way to get an achievement which is what l use this site for. There are plenty of threads on RPGs about infinite exp to get achievements or on Portal to get all golds et cetera so l feel this thread is appropriate. Also the developers are already aware of the problem and the patch will be available soon (but you can just remove the patch and play offline)

I don't think there's a problem with reporting something like this. Afterall, for some people who have done all the requirements LEGIT, the achievement still won't unlock for them. Let someone get it anyway they want it as long as they aren't blatantly scamming the system AKA "hexing". Afterall, if they had made the game correctly or had told what makes up 100% this wouldn't be a problem.

Yes, you need to be able to collect a bandage so if you have all 101 or just have hard ones left then this won't be an option

l am sorry you feel that way but the zero time messes with leaderboards while this one is just an easier way to get an achievement which is what l use this site for. There are plenty of threads on RPGs about infinite exp to get achievements or on Portal to get all golds et cetera so l feel this thread is appropriate. Also the developers are already aware of the problem and the patch will be available soon (but you can just remove the patch and play offline)

The only people that will end up using this exploit are people that can't earn the achievement legit. Its ok tho, they won't be fooling anybody cause if they have to resort to using such a shady exploit (such as this) they probably can't finish Dark World or complete The Kid levels so it will be easy to see who cheated for this achievement.

Also this is a little different then using cheats codes in Portal or using infinite EX/money glitches in RPGs (Fallout is a good example). With Portal the cheat codes were part of the game (i.e programed by the developers) and under normal conditions will disable achievements, now there may be a work around for that but the cheats will not help you obtain golds in every test chamber, in other words some skill is still needed even when cheating in Portal for achievements.

Anyways if anyone decides to use this exploit don't dare call yourself hardcore or even a gamer for that matter, as your nothing but a fake.

The whole point of this website is to help people get the achievements as fast and easy as possible. So if there's a glitch to help you reach it, and go ahead and do it. I was trying to get a top time on a level and i noticed the bandage never went away (i got 3rd in the world for 5-4x) and so i kept going for the 100%. I didn't use this strategy either, it was totally accidental

The only people that will end up using this exploit are people that can't earn the achievement legit. Its ok tho, they won't be fooling anybody cause if they have to resort to using such a shady exploit (such as this) they probably can't finish Dark World or complete The Kid levels so it will be easy to see who cheated for this achievement.

Also this is a little different then using cheats codes in Portal or using infinite EX/money glitches in RPGs (Fallout is a good example). With Portal the cheat codes were part of the game (i.e programed by the developers) and under normal conditions will disable achievements, now there may be a work around for that but the cheats will not help you obtain golds in every test chamber, in other words some skill is still needed even when cheating in Portal for achievements.

Anyways if anyone decides to use this exploit don't dare call yourself hardcore or even a gamer for that matter, as your nothing but a fake.

Hey Rusty187...I totally understand your view on this but your acting a bit over the top. If someone were to use this glitch, it would not hurt you so please keep your remarks to yourself. There is no need to attack people for using a method to obtain an achievement that you do not believe in.

*BTW...doing this glitch is still a hell of a lot of work and tedious grinding so good for anyone whom wants to sit there and replay for ever!

Hey Rusty187...I totally understand your view on this but your acting a bit over the top. If someone were to use this glitch, it would not hurt you so please keep your remarks to yourself. There is no need to attack people for using a method to obtain an achievement that you do not believe in.

*BTW...doing this glitch is still a hell of a lot of work and tedious grinding so good for anyone whom wants to sit there and replay for ever!

I am going to have to agree with Nanotron. How one obtains the achievement is not going to affect any other person. There are plenty of exploits out there for all sorts of games. It's what each person gets out of the game if you so desire to use exploits to boost there gamerscore thats fine I do that do you think that Stallion83 (500,000 GS if you didn't know) hit his score without using glitches that benefit the player.

My opinion is achievements are like Halo or COD, you use the weapons at your disposal. People get pissed at people that camp certain spots (not spawn camping), or nade spam, or noobtube but guess what they are "legitimately" playing the game because thats how the developers made the game.

This is the first game where a glitched way of doing it actually annoys me. It's one of the best games to come out on the Arcade, and even though I'm not brilliant at it, I've been chipping away at it in the hope that if I ever do complete it, I'll be one of (relatively) few people to do so. This'll ruin the prestige of it.

But each to their own.

Wow. Just...

Wow.

"0MG n00b! u used a glitch to get an achievement!!!11?? 0mg u r not a 1337 h4rdc0r3 gaymer!!1 lolololololol"

I'm not going to argue about this, anyone can do what they want. But I just wonder why is it such a big deal when this glitch doesn't help you get all the achievements? If someone has already beaten dark worlds, the kid and cotton alley it's only a matter of time when he gets the full 100%

I'm going to collect my last 19 bandages legit and I'm happy with my 140G :p Of course I try to do the kid and cotton alley but it's going to take a looooong time for me.

Yeah, I don't think all this is something to get worked up about. If you are gonna be honorable and not use this glitch, then more power too you. Don't let these sods bring you down. It kinda is something to be proud of. Like a... Knight of some sort, a Code of Honor. I don't boost achievements or exploit games in anyway that will put me ahead of other people. Anyway you look at it, it's kinda like cheating. Sure the devs give you the means to do it, but so does the nature of chess... or cards... or whatever. Just because you CAN cheat, doesn't mean you should.

Edited by Zappa Power

• 4 weeks later...

1. You gonna rage more?

2. Dont get so butthurt.

3. I'd rather be called a fag than hardcore or a gamer.

4. "dont dare call yourself hardcore or even a gamer" What if somebody does call their self hardcore or a gamer after using this exploit? What the fuck are you going to do about it? Stop getting so serious over some stupid shit like this, and stop trying act tough, especially if its because you're defending a game.

Edited by Luis Ownz

Calm your jets.

Seriously, its not a big deal. I doubt you'll see all the comments people are leaving you, becuase your too scared to come read the replies, knowing you cant defend your claims on an ACHIEVEMENT SITE.

I don't know, I kind of see where Rusty is coming from. Super Meat Boy is a hard game and actually earning that 100% achievement makes you feel so good and proud about it. So it's kind of annoying to see someone else get that same achievement for exploiting a glitch and not actually earning it. They're called achievements because you're actually supposed to achieve it, ya know?

But, at the end of the day, what you choose to do with your game is your business and no one else's. I'm not going to lose any sleep if someone cheats their way to this achievement, that's up to them. I just know using some glitch exploit to get Golden God in this game would not have sat right with me.

Dictating how other people play single player games is kinda fucked. It doesn't effect the people who earn it legit, just saves frustration and time to those without patience, the time to earn it otherwise and I'm sure there're people who simply can't get those achs by collecting every bandage and finishing every level.

If it were multiplayer than sure, you could be directly affecting someone's experience in the game and likely the same with leaderboards.

I haven't used this, but I might give it a go soon. I would rather get some more achievements considering I've died 3,000 times in my 20 or so hours of playing the game and don't feel like losing my sanity over some achievements I'll forget about pretty quickly.

If shortcuts like there are cheating then isn't looking at forums and guides also cheating, should we never see what the secret achievements are etc. These are games; have fun with them and their achievements, challenging or otherwise.

The reason the console gives you an achievement isn't because you "achieved" something amazing or impressive; it's because it saw one number exceed a goal number.

When I get some hard or time-consuming achievement that annoyed or bored me I don't hope that everyone else suffers the same; who cares if they get it easier or by some slightly different means. Short of gamesaves I'm really not bothered. /rant

So, I never read this thread until today. But i accidentally activated the glitch while playing, as in, I legitimately couldnt beat the third level in a warp zone then went to another level and got a bandage.

Right now, I have 2 more bandages than i started the level with, and the symbol hasn't shown, so i have activated it, no question.

My question is that since the OP said something about saving, when i turn it off will i lose ALL my progress or just the two bandages?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not even sure how this glitch works. My current overall game percentage is 103% and still no achievement. Light World is 100% and Dark World is 98%. Looks like you need to 100% both Light and Dark Worlds before the achievement will unlock. I'm not sure how anyone is receiving this achievement without doing it legit.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got 100% completion achievement. and because i got all bandages, 100% the light world but i got 98% in dark world for not doing the last 2 cotton alley stages, but the total progress said 100% i was like "hey fuck it i got the achievement" xD