FIX FOR GREASE MONKEY!!!! (and any other glitched achievement..)

Molloy2006

I am not taking any credit for this method, but I tried it on dark void and it worked for getting me grease monkey

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=309432

What the method does is, it forces the game into rewriting any info stored on your profile for a particular game, so it basically puts the game back to the first time u played it (i.e no levels, no upgrades, no journals)

The way i applied the method was:

1) Put your profile on a usb or memory stick. I personally had deleted dark voids saves in attempt to unglitch grease monkey orignally, so i had no saves to worry about.

2)Clear System cache ( google it if you unsure)

3) Start Dark void, decline the update, and on the CAPCOM screen pull out ur usb.

4) U will now have a msg to insert usb, ignore it. Go to the main menu and check if u have any journals etc. If you have nothing it has worked.

5) Insert you memory card, and start a new game ( this should be your only option if it has worked) once your in the game, just save it and back out.

*Edit: IF THIS CAUSES YOUR GAME TO CRASH AT THE CHAPTER 1 SCREEN, JUST GO INTO OPTIONS ON THE MAIN MENU AND CHANGE DIFFICULTY, SO THE GAME AUTOSAVES (credit Jeffty X360A)

6) You are not save to accept the update and play the game online.

I then had to replay the most of the game, but fortunately, on 2-4 ( the level you grind) you get the last weapon, so you dont need to go any further!

Hope this helps, and again I dont take any credit for the method! I am so happy to finally have 1k in this game!

*Edit: For the record, I played as far as 2-4 and then continued to grind points by replaying chapter till I had in excess of 142k. I then began to upgrade using the box in the level, by the method of buying 1 upgrade, firing a few rounds, buying next upgrade, firing a few rounds etc etc. My achievement unlocked as I exited the box after buying the last jet pack upgrade.

Edited by Molloy2006
More info.

Finally! Now let's hope it works also for 50 Cent: Blood in the Sand and the glitchy "Scenario Master" achievement.

Its def worth a try, its likely to fix alot of these profile glitched achievements, the ones I am aware off are dark void, command and conquer, army of two dlc, lost, cod 4, rainbow 6, farcry 2 ....

mine worked fine with the exception of step 5. where you say insert the USB and start a new game to get a auto save. every time i hit new game it would freeze on the screen where it says episode 1 and had the blue light. i did find a work around though to get it saved even though it didnt create an actual save file it still worked. after you remove your USB at the CRAPCOM logo and then go in to check your journals instead of starting a new game i went into the options and changed the difficulty and it saved when i backed out of the options. after that i dashboarded and then reloaded the game and accepted the update, checked my journals again and they were still empty, then i started the new game and it worked great. thanks for the method.

EDIT: ok heres my story after i got my stats reset like i posted above i began my run through on casual and made it to Episode 2-4 Breaking camp. i began my long tech point grind. after grinding for a while i wasnt sure how many i needed to fully upgrade so at 133,000 i went to the box on 2-4 and did the bahamut method putting each gun in slot 1 and upgrading it waiting like 5-10 seconds inbetween purchases. i got all my guns done and opened my jetpack and realized i was 9,000 short lol the last jetpack upgrade was 15,000 and i only had 5700. i was like CRAP. so i ran breaking camp 2 more times and after killing all the second wave UFOs i went back to the box and purchased the last jetpack upgrade. i held my breath and no achieve... i exited the box menu and sat waiting for near 20 seconds and no achieve. i went back to the box and opened it again and BAM achievement unlocked. i stayed online the whole time as im die hard on having my achieves all dated. so stay online or do it offline its your choice. so i confirm this method works as well along with molloy2006. also in case you dont know make sure you have around 142,000 to 145,000 to be safe. hope this info along with the stat reset method helps others.

Edited by jeffy x360a

mine worked fine with the exception of step 5. where you say insert the USB and start a new game to get a auto save. every time i hit new game it would freeze on the screen where it says episode 1 and had the blue light. .

I was actually having this problem as well on my old arcade box, but I put it down to the disc being a bit scatched. It loaded correctly first time when I tried it on a slim.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is this achievement still glitched? I just started the game and read that if you play through and upgrade all guns at the same time it won't glitch.

Possibly. I upgraded half of the guns on easy, then the other half in hardcore, so maybe that's why it glitched for me

so this works if its already glitched on you?

Yes indeed it does, its the only thing this method is for tbh!

Is this achievement still glitched? I just started the game and read that if you play through and upgrade all guns at the same time it won't glitch.

Yes, its still a glitchy achievement as no patch was ever issued. However playing through and upgrading the guns at the same time seems to have seriously reduced the likely hood of the glitch happening. Its just this information wasnt available at the beginning, so must people who played it at the start ended up with a glitched achievement.

The bookworm achievement and hard difficulty achievement are also known to glitch in this game randomly, so it offers a solution for them also if your that unlucky.

So, i suppose this would work with the Bookworm achievement as well? I missed a collectible during my playthrough, then i went back to get it and it glitched on me.

Yeah it will! Tho you will have to collect them all again! Still better than a glitched achievment tho!!

I just got the achievement today!!! I went through the game on casual and didn't upgrade anything. After getting enough points, (141,600) I bought one upgrade at a time, closed out of the box, and shot the gun a couple times. I then continued to do the same for all weapons, including the jetpack. Buy upgrade, exit out, shoot gun, buy next upgrade. I bought all the upgrades from the ingame box btw.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...