*GLITCH* Phantom Commands have ruined these games... or am I the only one?

Splinter4

Hey Guys & Gals,

Just wondering if I'm the only one who's having this problem.

Here's what I encountered in detail this weekend (Saturday 06/25/2011)...

Rainbow Six: Vegas 1 & 2

Single Player Campaign

From the very moment you take command of your squad, they begin receiving phantom commands to move up (A button on the 360). I was NOT giving these commands to my squad, yet they insisted that I was. Okay...

So I thought it might be a problem with my controller. I pop out the rechargeable battery pack, and pop it into one of my two backup controllers. Exact same problem again. Controller #3 perhaps? Nope! Same thing again.

And to clarify, I confirmed that it really wasn't me just being stupid. I literally set my controller down, walked out of the room to make myself some lunch, and listened to the repeated acknowledgements from my squad to the commands that I was definitely NOT giving them. "Roger that, moving up, in position, etc." about every 10-seconds or so.

Awesome! Way to go Ubisoft!

• 3 months later...

i havent been having that problem, but this game is pretty screwed up honestly. the AI is glitchy, like when i tell my guys to stack on a door (get ready to breech) sometimes they just sit there not doing anything even if i press A continually. they acknowledge it but wont move. i have to first make them regroup then tell them to stack. that definitely shouldnt be happening.

also, Realistic is a huge pain sometimes when the enemies have pinpoint accuracy and are somehow able to headshot you with a PISTOL from 50 yards or more in 1 shot, even if youre behind cover and on higher ground. realistic my ass!! that would never happen in real life unless you were the best shot in the world with handguns. so effing stupid. its obvious they didnt really test the game much prior to release and just hoped on cashing in on the success of the previous game, typical Ubisoft.

no wonder this game was only $10 at Gamestop. :p

Edited by shinobigarth

Yeah, Ubisoft-in-the-head is obviously a complete mess. I'm honestly surprised they're still in business. They had such a phenomenal game in "Rainbow Six: Vegas" but they certainly found a way to muck it up!

At this point I have completely written them off. I was really looking forward to this new Ghost Recon, but after this latest delay and complete re-working of the game they promised us, I have given up any hope. And don't even get me started about what they did to my beloved "Splinter Cell". And what the hell ever happened to their survival game "I Am Alive" they announced like 4-5 years ago? Actually... no nevermind... I don't care anymore. :blunt

Okay, I feel better now. Thanks for letting me rant.

personally i actually didnt really mind how they went with Conviction, sure it wasnt as good as past games, Chaos Theory was amazing, but still i enjoyed seeing what happened next to Sam because i love him as a character.

and while it might be a different dev team, i was pretty into the Assassin's Creed games, up until they decided to whore out Ezio for yet another game that only looks to add a couple new weapons. at most im only renting that one.

as far as the new Ghost Recon, ive never been big into that series, but it is looking a lot closer to Rainbow Six, so i might check it out. personally im not going to automatically condemn a new Ubisoft game just cause their past games may have sucked, if Future Soldier sucks it will be on its own merits IMO. i am really liking the custom "gunsmithing" bit in that game where you can totally customize all parts in a gun, i just hope you dont have to have Kinect to use it.

• 1 month later...