Playing w/friends.

Gackt

Also, do you happen to know why you can't be in party chat while playing? I remember I created my character, and I happened to be in a party, and after getting everything perfect, I started up the game, and once the cinematics were over it booted me to the title screen, not saving any of the character customizations I spent forever doing D:

Well, there's no voice chat in the game at all, even when you join random players. Party chat is a really easy way to bypass that, but it's an option a developer can disable or integrate in to the game as they please. Private chat, AKA the old ass chat we had to rely on before NXE, still works and was either oversight, or something they couldn't disable or have the game sense that it was active. I could be wrong, and that might get patched.

I think it's meant to give the experience a more unknown feeling, which, well, is easily done by the single player game, especially when you get invaded by someone you don't know. Not sure why there's no in-game way to communicate to players "I need to kill Ornstein last, please", though. I've been messaged by players in game using "last played with" tab of the blade menu regardless.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent five hours with Auburok today trying to connect with him... for some reason, despite us sitting next to each other, NOTHING would work. He saw my summon signal once, and it failed :S

Are the servers messed up or something?

Have had the same issues on and off for the past 2 days so yes...I believe it is just server issues. Hopefully the patch comes soon and addresses a lot of these problems.

Have had the same issues on and off for the past 2 days so yes...I believe it is just server issues. Hopefully the patch comes soon and addresses a lot of these problems.

Yeah... being human and running around Anor Londo showed zero for summon signs as well, and what little I saw ended up failing. Damn shame. It worked totally fine two nights ago for us :(

NEED PATCH.

Yeah... being human and running around Anor Londo showed zero for summon signs as well, and what little I saw ended up failing. Damn shame. It worked totally fine two nights ago for us :(

NEED PATCH.

lol Yes, this patch needs to happen quicker. Lately my bro and I have been able to see each others signs easily enough...but it is failing every time we try to summon!

edit: Been working great since last night, been finding my bro every time on the first try.

Edited by Gackt

Don't know if this would be much help since I have be having some on and off luck with the techniques Gackt mentioned.

Anyways, I've been playing with numerous friends from both the US and UK, and as mentioned before sometimes Gackts methods work, but my theory is that once you place your summon symbol down and leave it down, it cycles the servers. (Kind of reminds me of Gears 2, constantly searching for match making)

I mainly tried this with my friend from the UK, he left his summon sign up without taking it off and putting it back down, and eventually I found it (given enough patience) and I know we both weren't on the same server.

Also another helpful hint is that the 1st time you connect is a pain, 2nd time is a little less longer, then after that just about every time we place down our summon signs the other player immediately sees them.

Of course this is all my theory, but obviously the best would be both being on the same server.

Don't know if this would be much help since I have be having some on and off luck with the techniques Gackt mentioned.

Anyways, I've been playing with numerous friends from both the US and UK, and as mentioned before sometimes Gackts methods work, but my theory is that once you place your summon symbol down and leave it down, it cycles the servers. (Kind of reminds me of Gears 2, constantly searching for match making)

I mainly tried this with my friend from the UK, he left his summon sign up without taking it off and putting it back down, and eventually I found it (given enough patience) and I know we both weren't on the same server.

Also another helpful hint is that the 1st time you connect is a pain, 2nd time is a little less longer, then after that just about every time we place down our summon signs the other player immediately sees them.

Of course this is all my theory, but obviously the best would be both being on the same server.

Interesting post. The Gears 2 reference causes me to wonder if connectability might be improved if you have the friend you are trying to connect with set as a preferred player. I know that helped in finding friends on the Gears 2 server. In fact, we would connect about 95% of the time. I don't know, just a thought. Maybe it wouldn't make any difference at all. At any rate, it would be nice if this could be made a bit more easy and consistent to achieve. I have a couple good friends that I would like to play this game with, one of whom is playing it right now.

I dont know alot about servers and much of how they work but I believe the way this game is set up...you need to be on the same cluster as your friend.

Easy way to tell if you are is, stand around an area for a few moments and if your friend is on the same server as you...you will see a phantom of his character for 5 or 6 seconds(it slightly delayed, shows you what he/she was doing a few moments ago)

IF you can see them, you can summon them. Otherwise you are not on the same server and I am fairly sure there would be no way to summon at that point as the signs and msgs cycle around that cluster, not the entire game and all of its servers.

I dont know alot about servers and much of how they work but I believe the way this game is set up...you need to be on the same cluster as your friend.

Easy way to tell if you are is, stand around an area for a few moments and if your friend is on the same server as you...you will see a phantom of his character for 5 or 6 seconds(it slightly delayed, shows you what he/she was doing a few moments ago)

IF you can see them, you can summon them. Otherwise you are not on the same server and I am fairly sure there would be no way to summon at that point as the signs and msgs cycle around that cluster, not the entire game and all of its servers.

I can confirm this. I had a summon sign down for about an hour once, watching the sign on another xbox. We couldn't see each other's ghost images, and thus, couldn't see signs between the two of us. During times where we have to work to get the ghost images to show up again, the times where we replaced signs worked a LOT better than leaving a sign down.

I can confirm this. I had a summon sign down for about an hour once, watching the sign on another xbox. We couldn't see each other's ghost images, and thus, couldn't see signs between the two of us. During times where we have to work to get the ghost images to show up again, the times where we replaced signs worked a LOT better than leaving a sign down.

Just did some of this myself, had my sign down for a good hour but nothing was showing up. Not sure if this helped or not, but I quit a few times on each console and reloaded the characters and eventually they showed up together and summoning worked without issue. Again not sure if that helped cycle through different servers or not, but that was what I was doing at the time it happened lol.

I really wanted to get it to work because I wanted some help fighting Sif, little did I know 2 whole Crystal soulmass shots would kill him...lol. Almost wanna start over with a melee character because this magic stuff is making it to easy :p

Just did some of this myself, had my sign down for a good hour but nothing was showing up. Not sure if this helped or not, but I quit a few times on each console and reloaded the characters and eventually they showed up together and summoning worked without issue. Again not sure if that helped cycle through different servers or not, but that was what I was doing at the time it happened lol.

I really wanted to get it to work because I wanted some help fighting Sif, little did I know 2 whole Crystal soulmass shots would kill him...lol. Almost wanna start over with a melee character because this magic stuff is making it to easy :p

Yeah, we've been reloading characters, too. That was one of the only ways we were able to see signs one night (though summoning failed).

Melee is definitely a challenge, especially in NG+. I have just the Four Kings before I can challenge Gwyn, and they obliterate me; not enough damage output this time around, so I get swarmed.

I had no problem on demons souls. It's the other way around for dark souls. I can't get in to my buddy's he can't get in to mine. Tried for 2 hours nothing! And you can privet chat on xbox lol. Idk maybe it was easier on ps3 cuz not to many ppl played it or it was better coop idk. If anyone finds a easier way let me know or keep the forum alive so we can figure this out.

I had no problem on demons souls. It's the other way around for dark souls. I can't get in to my buddy's he can't get in to mine. Tried for 2 hours nothing! And you can privet chat on xbox lol. Idk maybe it was easier on ps3 cuz not to many ppl played it or it was better coop idk. If anyone finds a easier way let me know or keep the forum alive so we can figure this out.

Huh? There's literally tons of info above your post on how to do it, and why it doesn't work sometimes.

Huh? There's literally tons of info above your post on how to do it, and why it doesn't work sometimes.

What I ment was. If you's find a way to get it going right away. Im guessing because I just started dark souls it's hard to get my friend in cuz a lot of ppl are at my level demon souls was easy to find cuz me and my friend were at high levels so there wasn't too many to find with in my level cap

What I ment was. If you's find a way to get it going right away. Im guessing because I just started dark souls it's hard to get my friend in cuz a lot of ppl are at my level demon souls was easy to find cuz me and my friend were at high levels so there wasn't too many to find with in my level cap

This way is the only way. Find a secluded area. Be as close to each other's soul level (the closer, the better we found). Cycle the sign every few minutes. If you see an apparition someone standing around, and you picked a secluded area, chances are it's your friend. At that point, you just have to cycle until you see each other. Takes anywhere from 5 - 20 minutes, depending on servers. Past that, and you should wait on it.

Where is the patch already!? lol

I spent 45minutes the other day infront of a boss door where there were summon signs popping up all over the place and every single one I tried, failed. Even my forest covenant summons are failing lol.

This is really killing the game for alot of people.

Where is the patch already!? lol

I spent 45minutes the other day infront of a boss door where there were summon signs popping up all over the place and every single one I tried, failed. Even my forest covenant summons are failing lol.

This is really killing the game for alot of people.

I hate P2P :(

Demons Souls worked so much better with dedicated servers. I believe the publisher pays for the servers, so I blame NamcoBandai for being cheap.

If I may, it is completey possible to get into a game with a friend Ive done it a couple times. But it only works if it wants to, if you get into a friends game or vice versa then you really dont want to turn off your system untill your completey done with coop for the day. From my experience, when you get into a game once you should have no probelms getting back into that persons game. Hope that helps & I agree with everybody talking about patches (it needs one bad lol)

Edited by HITMAN 629
Spellcheck

Friend from Scotland and I (west coats USA) tried to summon each other the other day. We spoted each others ghosts, but summoning failed both ways on a couple attempts. Only got a couple tries to summon as it took too damn long just to get the signs to show up in each others games.