SSS Ranks on Nephilm Tips?

A COMPLEX CHUG

holy crap, my english sucks! Read my quote and found a lot of wrong words^^

may this will help you a bit too:

DmC Demo: Instant SSS - YouTube

I have seen a "Bad Review" about DMC where te guy made my INSTANT SSS... with the "fist" but i can´t find the link, sry!

But you will deal higher damage when you emptying your cache and in combination with demon avoid a triple SSS is not the problem!

Just don´t get hit when you have your Multiplier and you should make a lot of points in the first bigger fight!

Also, when the level starts take the RIGHT way, you will face a Red and Blue Knight then, if they don´t drop from the platform you also can make ca. 10.000 points by them and carry a good Rank over to the first big fight!

you have time enough in this mission, I´m sure you got the collectibles and beware of using items! Devil trigger should be half full when you come to the second "arena"!

You can use it, when you get to the Witch and "Samurai" dude! the colosses are not that hard do kill and with demon avoid and a short conbo into there back you can build up another good Rank! My best strategie was....

when he rush to you -> Demon avoid -> pull yourself up to him -> 3 or 4 strikes -> pull him to the ground -> slash the sh*t out of him!

i still have the patch installed now and i will try to get a good rating again, but I think it´s a big difference between patched and unpatched version!

Wish you luck and skill to get this cheevo done!

I´m also just a decent gamer and DMC was the first in the series i really have played!

remember the score limit from 246.200, if you are far under or just close up to 120.000 in the first area, don´t waste time...resart the level!

My best score in the patched version was 156.000 in the first area and i finished the level just with 241.000!

not enough!!!

I'm trying doing this instant SSS several times but I can't get more then A... >< Is there something I don't know, something like a patch or w/e?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

A good but not so easy way for getting some extra points for your SSS Style Mission score is Kablooey. Saved my ass more than once.

What you have to to is, push yourself on an SS or SSS rank with the Demon Evade - whatever combo. Stick one enemy with the max amount of Kablooey arrows as fast as you can - Demon Evade and nuke the arrows. Gives you with an SS rank >33.000 style points for one enemy.

And the biggest tip is like already mentioned - kill the update from your HDD, this makes obtaining SSS Mission Rank ridiculously harder. If you want to get a time stamp on your achievement save a Boss fight or the Mission "The Trade" for last.

• 2 weeks later...

I've done the first 7 or 8 missions without too much trouble, had to replay 6 a few times before I got enough style points.

I'm having trouble with Vergil though, I decided to skip ahead and get him out of the way after I had so much trouble beating him on Hell and Hell. I can't seem to get the right balance of style points and time to get the SSS. Is this easier without the patch or is my best bet to rely on demon evade?

I've done the first 7 or 8 missions without too much trouble, had to replay 6 a few times before I got enough style points.

I'm having trouble with Vergil though, I decided to skip ahead and get him out of the way after I had so much trouble beating him on Hell and Hell. I can't seem to get the right balance of style points and time to get the SSS. Is this easier without the patch or is my best bet to rely on demon evade?

I got my SSS on my first try yesterday on Vergil. I got hit many times, didn't even expected to get it but finished the level anyway. So the only thing I did was shotgunning the swords and evade (not even demon evade most of the time) when he did his other attacks THEN did a Trillion stabs (forward, forward in his general direction then spam Y) as soon as he missed me and opened up. The stabs raised the meter very fast. I got like 53k in the end for style (SSS) and the time and collectibles were SSS too of course.

Clear your cache... this removes the patch, then you will gain more points for attacks which make the SSS easier!

you get more style points then

In fact you don´t get more points for your attacks, but without the patch your Demon Evade gives you a higher increase of your style levels and these levels deplete slower, which means it takes longer before a style rank falls to a lower one.

And to point that out again like mentioned in my last post - use Kablooey

• 2 weeks later...
Clearing the cache for mission 17 is a MUST did it first time after doing so, it's the only mission I've had any problems with.

Really? With a brutal amount of combos and clearing it insanely fast I was able to do it online. I feel proud of that, but it's definitely doable.

Maybe I just like DMC too much. (Franchise, not just the game)

Having a bit of trouble on 17 too. Best i've done is 160K in the first arena but ended the match with 237,840. It's the final guys i'm losing. The dream runner big guy combo. I might save my DT for the end section instead of wasting it on quick kills of the witches. Seems like the enemies and the distance between the battles means you have to pretty much get no damage in the battles. Hard work for sure :p

I just read it's 246K - meh so bloomin close!

Edit: Woop woop - just got it.

Got 304,591 and 528 on leaderboards :D

This is what helped me. When you are against the first red / blue spawn. Aquila the guy with 2 rings so he's stunned. Then Arbitor yy..y the red. Grab him with RT+Y so he doesn't fall (try to position yourself so he as a bit of land distance before attacking him). Repeat and take him down. Then onto blue guy. Demon evade when he attacks and use Scythe YY...YYY then LT+B get him into the air. While you are spinning the scythe. Switch to Aqulia and charge up LT+B (buffer the move) when he's about to land release. Then follow up with a finishing combo. You end up with a SS rank maybe S and 15-20K if done well. Then the next area you are already starting with atleast an A ranking by the time you get there. This helps.

It's nice to run over jump Aquila - Buy in then switch quickly to scythe - land - charge LT+Y (if possible get it fully charged). Pan your camera away from the big tank before you run over but make sure he's in your range. Hopefully if he's close you'll be juggling him along with a bunch of the other guys. Scythe and use the YY...YY combo. Then YY then pause switch to Aquila for another buy in then give them a Eryx RT+B fully charged. If you can manage to take no damage here you should be 150K+. I managed 190K just after my post here (the first red/blue helped a ton).

It really helped not using my DT until I came against the final harder wave of enemies. Then just took the 2 dreamrunners out as fast as I could while DT (RT+X pull in - then arbitor YY...Y kills them quick). Those guys are hard to avoid while having another enemy trying to hurt you. So I think it helps to take them out first. The other enemies are much much easier to figure out what they are doing :)

Great tips from everyone - helped a ton. Thanks!

Edited by phobzy85