What's your opinion on PowerUp Heroes?

Twincats

I think it looks promising, even though the trailer was a bit cheesy. lol

I'm not much of a Kinect player, but PowerUp Heroes could be an exception.

I also noticed in one of the screenshots that they're utilizing Uplay in the game.

I definitely want to play it though, have you seen the achievements?

There's only 13 for 1000 :gsicon: and the achievements look easy!

So far it looks like a rental to me, but we'll see when more news is released.

What was your initial reaction upon reading about PowerUp Heroes?

Looks like it could be fun. I'm hoping almost all the achievements can be unlocked in local co-op, so my wife and I can boost those.

At least the characters have those snazzy uniforms, but it doesn't seem like they're customizable other than choosing the uniform and gaining the subsequent powers that is unique to each. Based on the achievements, it seems like you choose one character with several uniform changes, which is like the opposite of Marvel v Capcom or similar fighting games, where you can choose a team of 3 characters and swap them out during the fight. I didn't take the time to watch the trailer, though, so I could be way off.

• 3 weeks later...

i have ALOT to say but i'll try to keep it short.

first off can you say mortal kombat on crack! this is gonna be friggin awesome! it'll really test what shape you're in. trying to get online ahcieves without cheating will really be a challenge!

i hope alot of people get this as the tourneys would be a blast!

finally a real core game to show what kinect can really do! i think this will change how people see kinect.

a must buy on day 1 for me. have my pre order down too. suits should make fir interesting combos. i hope its more real fighting than yelling commands. that way you really earn those ahcieves & stay in shape too!

next biggest thing next to starwars! so cant wait! :)

• 4 weeks later...

I think this could be really enjoyable! It'd be fun to throw your hands out to throw fireballs and pretend to throw people around the screen with telekinesis. Would make a potentially fun party game too since fighting games are fun with a group of people swapping out with each winner. I imagine it'd be even more fun with more interaction. Keeping an eye on this one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im really looking forward to playing this game, I originally was gonna buy it, but looking at the achievement list I may just rent it because I believe I can get them all fairly quickly. Also there is a lot of games coming out at that time so I don't think I would be going back to this game

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Kinect is laggy, you cant pull off moves as fast as is needed, and the later AI is cheaper than a 2 dollar hooker.

Its not bad, but as far as mortal kombat on crack? You, my good friend, must be the one on crack to think so.

so what is this then, anouther fighters uncaged? if so that would suck! anyone wanna give a review of this please?

after some awesome games like rise of nightmares. are we going back to garbage games? hows the online?

Don't get too excited folks, this is a very shallow game. The 'story' mode lasts about 2 hours and that is effectively it besides a versus and tournament mode. Online is restricted to 'tag' style matches, one on one with two suits to change between. There is a total of 4 or 5 different gestures in the game for special moves. I would strongly advise against anybody buying this for full price. It is an XBLA game at best, and a poor one at that.

I really like this game! Probably the best Kinect game so far! The movement are well recognized and the lag is not that bad.

The story is quite short but the Online play is really fun! Playing a tournament or versus with friends is quite cool too.

To enjoy the game, you must play with someone, AI is too easy in my opinion but it doesn't matter! The whole experience is awesome and I'll play this game a lot!!!

Thanks Ubisoft :-D

Kinect is laggy, you cant pull off moves as fast as is needed, and the later AI is cheaper than a 2 dollar hooker.

Its not bad, but as far as mortal kombat on crack? You, my good friend, must be the one on crack to think so.

i just bought this lastnight & your post is completely wrong! theres no lag & just like MK. you have moves that you have to charge up. some you can do right away & so fourth.

gameplay is smooth but i couldnt find an online match yet.

will post a review:)

Maybe you should check if your room has enough light?

Overall it was great could have been longer and a not so basic story would have been nice it worked really well and was very responsive for me although im sure some will say otherwise i enjoyed playing my son on it had to let him win though lol Its not a title worth £40 i would recomend it if you can get it for £20 its definitly worth a shot its different and enjoyable online is good but seriously lacking players

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Growing up with Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat, I love superpower fighting games. Now, with the rejuvenation of comic book heroes, and superheroes in general, lots of the younger generation will be attracted to superhuman showdowns. This game allows you to be that fighter. I've only played a couple rounds, but it is exactly what I was hoping for.

Granted, I only paid 16 bucks for it, so it wouldn't take much to make me happy with my purchase, but I totally am.

• 3 weeks later...