Achievement Guide with Complete Video & Text Walkthrough WIP

Outinthedark

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the soldier Ayx, everytime he catches me on the damn catwalk :mad::uzi::uzi::uzi:i wanna punch something right now. i really want to love this game but it doesn't look like i will until i beat this chapter. i was hoping it wasn't something i got 200G's and delete right after :( WHY AMY WHY?
needs moar uzis.

THREE HOURS of that Chapter Two because the Checkpoint system wants to jam your ass so hard it made Halo 1 (Which had some pretty bad Checkpoints) a Cakewalk. Not really, but my lack of experience in actually playing SLOW is just really really draining me. Not to mention it took me about 5 tries to figure out I needed to hold Amy's hand not to die of Contamination...

The lack of Minimap (I get it, it's a horror game but SHIT.) really takes the cake for me. The routes take like 400000000000 times to finally find a way to Activate the Telephone, Run to the Lockers, wait 10 minutes as the dude patiently walks away the first corridor, Rush to get the DNA, get the Silence power and what not.

And you can't fuck up once or you're hit, back to the 10 minute soldier walks through corridor game. It's just too painful for a game of this magnitude, I mostly take horror games as dark strong storytelling, bet I can barely get the story to progress... LOL.

I just shut it off when I went to the gym earlier, I really enjoyed the trial and I freaking hate spending the points for this. The difficulty spike is fairly high (on normal btw, can't picture Dark's hard playthrough.) because of it's bad mechanics, sucks.

If this has no Stackable Cheevs I'll debate 200'ing it. Dammit, Amy. Y U DO THIS TO US? </3 [/endrant]

Yeah yo. Should I just wait till tomorrow to see if Hard is stackable before I continue? I'd rather suffer once if I can. If not I'll just sack up and go.

The final boss is ridiculous. I was able to get 4 hits on him, still didn't go down.

Actually I may have found an exploit. I should get him this time.

I take that back, I get caught every time somehow after 5 minutes of kiting him through mines. This is just silly stupid now.

Edited by Outinthedark

I can't even finish chapter 2 on normal because I keep setting off the stupid alarm on the so called "simple puzzle" at the end of the level. Is there no way to hide from the soldier? You get one shot at the hack and if you mess it up he kills you and I have to run through half the chapter again. It's getting so frustrating.

I can't even finish chapter 2 on normal because I keep setting off the stupid alarm on the so called "simple puzzle" at the end of the level. Is there no way to hide from the soldier? You get one shot at the hack and if you mess it up he kills you and I have to run through half the chapter again. It's getting so frustrating.

The puzzle is easy. Just a substitution solution. I didn't fail so I had no idea he came back. Try using the Mute power? Should have 3 uses of Mute and I never really needed to use it.

I had hoped to wake up early to start trying Amy on Hard since they stack. Already 2pm though.. maybe just chapter one.

Are all Amy's powers that dumb sphere shooting sequence? Because holy shit those things just breathe inaccurate whenever I shoot them. Out of three if I manage to get one where I want (Excluding the Windows, those are easy) I celebrate.'

Also, just for visual feedback. Most people read the Roadmap before the Controls, since most just want to see the difficulty and time frame then decide if they want to continue reading. I know I've done it tons of times.

10-15 hours has to be with video guide and that's a stretch IMO. Me and Annalie were playing Chapter 2 for hours and hours and around midnight she told me she finally completed it. Unless you're pretty sure that Chapter 3&4 can be done with less trial and errors than 2&5. Is 6 just the Final Boss Battle or is it another 30 minutes or survival? You're truly a warrior for beating it on Hard in one go...

Edited by Ayx

I had hoped to wake up early to start trying Amy on Hard since they stack. Already 2pm though.. maybe just chapter one.

Are all Amy's powers that dumb sphere shooting sequence? Because holy shit those things just breathe inaccurate whenever I shoot them. Out of three if I manage to get one where I want (Excluding the Windows, those are easy) I celebrate.'

Also, just for visual feedback. Most people read the Roadmap before the Controls, since most just want to see the difficulty and time frame then decide if they want to continue reading. I know I've done it tons of times.

10-15 hours has to be with video guide and that's a stretch IMO. Me and Annalie were playing Chapter 2 for hours and hours and around midnight she told me she finally completed it. Unless you're pretty sure that Chapter 3&4 can be done with less trial and errors than 2&5. Is 6 just the Final Boss Battle or is it another 30 minutes or survival? You're truly a warrior for beating it on Hard in one go...

It took me roughly 10-15 hours. I have no idea what anyone will experience with the guides so I can change it once someone give me feedback.

Chapter 3 is Trial and Error hell but I didn't die, took me an hour ish according to the video length. Chapter 4 was so memorable I don't actually remember it. -_-

Chapter 6 is indeed just the boss. Which is stupid. That video will finish in ~20 mins the others have a few hours away.

OMGAH, Chapter 4 is the Metro, that's why I've blocked it from my memory.

Edited by Outinthedark

Well, I'll try to time my Hard Playthrough with your guides around me most of the time and I'll give you a rough estimate.

I mean as long as Chapter 3 isn't as difficult as Ch2 Check1 then it should be just a few hours (or an hour) at best. Knowing what's ahead of you (in my case) shaves off easily an hour for me.

How long is the final boss battle? (On Hard ofc. The boss has to be able to take more hits on Hard)

&& is Ch4 bad? :c Man this game.

I wonder if Hard is only more Zombies per session and it's Two Hit Kill from them? I'm so used to getting knocked the fuck out by the Soldier so much I'd jump ceilings to actually be able to take a hit. Cause I get contaminated pretty damn fast in Normal, I dunno on hard.

Well, I'll try to time my Hard Playthrough with your guides around me most of the time and I'll give you a rough estimate.

I mean as long as Chapter 3 isn't as difficult as Ch2 Check1 then it should be just a few hours (or an hour) at best. Knowing what's ahead of you (in my case) shaves off easily an hour for me.

How long is the final boss battle? (On Hard ofc. The boss has to be able to take more hits on Hard)

&& is Ch4 bad? :c Man this game.

I wonder if Hard is only more Zombies per session and it's Two Hit Kill from them? I'm so used to getting knocked the fuck out by the Soldier so much I'd jump ceilings to actually be able to take a hit. Cause I get contaminated pretty damn fast in Normal, I dunno on hard.

The bottle neck at the moment is my upload speed is just not that amazing so these are taking ~8 hours a piece to upload.

I was honestly surprised I didn't die in Chapter 3, but it certainly was initially quite challenging. YMMV of course. All of my videos were on Hard, in comparison it took me ~35 minutes on Hard for chapter 1, I ran through it on easy in 10-15 minutes yesterday just trying to get to Chapter 2 so I could get the "Where Are You?" achievement and capture it on video.

Oh yeah Chapter 4 and 5 got me very frustrated. Thing is though it's all subjective now that I know what to do. I can run through this game easily now.

Chapter 6 just got done processing. Adding it to the OP. Took me ~6-10 minutes on Hard after dying what 2-3 dozen times.

It's cool, I plan to play the game this weekend (Well Saturday at least, maybe tomorrow.) To play this game, thankfully it's my only Horror Title, because it's definitely going to be my last.

They really should have put a checkpoint inbetween every puzzle. Not 3-4 puzzles in between. .-.

There is a desk in the room. if you trip the alarm.. hide there. and be quick, he will shut it off and leave.

There is a desk in the room. if you trip the alarm.. hide there. and be quick, he will shut it off and leave.

Thank you, forgot about hiding under tables!

Edit: I recommend placing Amy under the table first before hacking the computer. This way you don't have to worry about grabbing her hand. The solier comes in the room quickly if you set off the alarm.

Edited by Slayinfool

Confirmed, achievement difficulties stack.

UGH...you can't replay chapters, what the hell...

You can replay chapters - you just have to do it on the difficulty you've already beat it on. If you beat Chapter 2 on Easy, you can't just replay it on Normal or Hard.

You can replay chapters - you just have to do it on the difficulty you've already beat it on. If you beat Chapter 2 on Easy, you can't just replay it on Normal or Hard.

After you complete the game you cannot replay a certain chapter. It simply started a new campaign for me when I selected Adventure > Easy.

Ah I see now, you can only replay for the difficult you played, I was thinking like every other stinkin game I can replay a chapter at any lower difficulty.

Edited by Outinthedark

Awesome job so far. Any update on when the chapters 4 and 5 will be up?

4.5 more hours unfortunately. I probably should have done 1 at a time. 3-5 will all hit around the same mark.

I also ran through on Easy just to see what I could time it at. According to just the raw video record stats, just a mere hour and 16 minutes. I have a few loading screens in these captures as well.