Ashes series win, 40 wickets, 600 runs, not unlocking!

stunffc

Strange. I got the 500 runs ach in my second test (scored 804/0 in my first match, ha ha, but got bored and declared) as soon as Strauss passed the magic number. Should pop up during the game in which you hit the runs/take the wickets.

Did you simulate any part of the matches? As I know on the last cricket game that if you simulated any part of the matches it would void achievements so they wouldn't unlock. That may be your problem.

It is probably because you simulated an innings or an over or a match, i did that once and it was on the 5th test, achievement did not unlock so I gathered it was because of tht I tried all over again without simulating anything and got the achievements. As soon as u reach the run and wicket targets the achievements should pop up and at the end of the 5th test you will get Ashes Achievement.

Nah I didn't sim anything, haven't had a problem with the other achievements either. I've got all of them legit during the series, been playing on normal, and its a decent crack, took all weekend though.

I'll just start another series on easy and rinse it in a couple of night!

Hopefully it'll work this time though! :mad:

I'm going for these achievements at the moment and I have something to ask. I keep on saving regualarly because I was getting fed up of getting so many unintentional run-outs due to the CPU's stupid batsmen lol. So everytime I get a run-out I quit the game and reload my save. Has anyone else done this and got the achievement?

I've noticed something strange about the use of the saving feature for unlocking the achievements. I started a 20 over tournament and at one stage I got 2 wickets in 2 balls and saved that game so I could come back to it later to get the hat-trick achievements. Before I came back to it though I finished the 20 over tournament and then I started the ODI tournament, when I went back to the save I had to get the hat-trick achievements I got a wicket the next ball yet no achievement. So I think to get the achievements to unlock you need to just focus on the save you are using and don't start any different matches.

If anyone can confirm this please reply because if this is the problem, it could save people alot of time and effort.

I've noticed something strange about the use of the saving feature for unlocking the achievements. I started a 20 over tournament and at one stage I got 2 wickets in 2 balls and saved that game so I could come back to it later to get the hat-trick achievements. Before I came back to it though I finished the 20 over tournament and then I started the ODI tournament, when I went back to the save I had to get the hat-trick achievements I got a wicket the next ball yet no achievement. So I think to get the achievements to unlock you need to just focus on the save you are using and don't start any different matches.

If anyone can confirm this please reply because if this is the problem, it could save people alot of time and effort.

This is a very interesting point.

When I first played an Ashes Tournament I used all 5 of my save slots. It was basically a save slot for each test match. When I finally won the tournament I didnt receive any of the achievements I had unlocked (win series, 500 runs, 40 wickets).

I deleted all my saves and started a fresh. This time I used just one save file and all the cheevos popped at the end.

Definitley think your on to something here.

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've just had the same problem and I'm so annoyed as I spent the last two evenings of my game time trying for these :(

Pietersen scored over 500 runs - No Achievement

Anderson took 42 Wickets - No Achievement

Won the Ashes 5-0 - No Achievement

I saved repeatedly in slot 1 and simmed nothing during the course of the game.

Strangely I got the achievements for 10 Wickets for Anderson, both the Duck achievements yet the ones I wanted didn't pop :(

So angry at the minute....

EDIT: apparently if you save BETWEEN matches they won't pop at all. However saving during matches is ok :(

Edited by Farrmark

• 1 month later...