How hard is Legendary?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you had already played the original Halo CE then i think the legendary is a breeze on solo. make sure to use Boom and Bandana skulls. in the initial levels, use needler and the pistol. later levels with the flood, you are better off with shotgun and rocket launcher.

also play it on heroic or normal and remember the small tricks and you are good to go.

if you had already played the original Halo CE then i think the legendary is a breeze on solo. make sure to use Boom and Bandana skulls. in the initial levels, use needler and the pistol. later levels with the flood, you are better off with shotgun and rocket launcher.

also play it on heroic or normal and remember the small tricks and you are good to go.

The shotgun is a must with the Flood but you have to be really careful with the rocket launcher if you have Boom on. All the grenades that the Flood drop set off some crazy chain reactions if you use rockets. It's bad enough without Boom on, it's a nightmare with it on.

I recently finished Heroic and the Flood never once killed me, it was always the grenade chain reactions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Basically use the tips provided earlier in this thread if you want to make it as easy as possible. I will add one thing: The Library on legendary regardless of co-op or solo is ridiculous. Checkpoints are good breathing spaces throughout the levels, but just be careful where your grenades are landing. I got grenade happy on several occasions thanks to infinite ammo and it ended up blowing my grenades back towards me and I did not notice until it was too late. Again, just basically follow the great tips provided above and just stick it out one checkpoint at a time. Solo can be challenging, but you will find it is doable with patience and time.

I just completed it on legendary and to go back to my previous post you defo need a co-op partner to make this so much easier. I played the last 3 levels on heroic previously and they took a hell of a lot longer on my own than with some one on legendary so find some one to play with or be prepared for a long haul of frustrating difficulty peaks.

Reach Legendary solo was probably the hardest game I've played to date (Including all COD Veteran Campaigns), but CEA is ridiculously hard.

COD was simply CHEAP on Veteran. Re-spawning enemies, quick shot kills and unlimited grenades lobbed at you was simply cheap and irritating. Good thing MP was so damn superior because I hate their campaigns on Veteran. Just cheap to me.

I know this isn't a bitching thread but CEA Legendary Solo is harder than Reach. I finished Reach Legendary Solo in 5 days. I started CEA Legendary solo on January 23rd with no end in sight.

You will have to learn the way to engage the enemies. But I agree, Halo 1 on Legendary is the hardest of them all (save Sniper Jackals from Halo 2).

MixMaker1, I just noticed you rocked the games in your sig. I really would like to commend you for your completion of all the Halo games. I am almost there and I can see how hard you worked for that. Congrats and I hope Halo 4 works for you just as these did. See you on the battlefield.

Thanks dude -- appreciate it. I'm a huge fan.

Check out my youtube channel for more: http://www.youtube.com/MixMaker117

Good luck! Outside of Halo 3 (which takes some luck), everything takes perseverance. Was fun, frustrating and rewarding all at the same time.

:woop:

Just finished the game on legendary and man that was no joke whatsoever. I can't think of a game that came close to that type of frustration. I know that some people (excluding trolls) can honestly say the game was pretty much a cakewalk for them but for the majority who find this insanely hard and actually beat it on legendary, I tip my hat to you.

Quick question though, I'm going to tackle Halo 3 and then ODST on legendary next. Compared to Reach and Anniversary, what can I expect?

Honestly I don't think it is that hard on legendary. It is probably in the middle of the pack compared with the rest and I got all the achievements solo.

Halo 2 IMO is 100x harder than any of the others. It confined you in small areas where you could be attacked from all sides with little cover and those snipers :mad: . Elites became incredibly powerful, to the point I couldn't even complete the 1st level when the elites are boarding into the main hangar.

In Halo there are very few instances where you are confined other than the library.

Just finished the game on legendary and man that was no joke whatsoever. I can't think of a game that came close to that type of frustration. I know that some people (excluding trolls) can honestly say the game was pretty much a cakewalk for them but for the majority who find this insanely hard and actually beat it on legendary, I tip my hat to you.

Quick question though, I'm going to tackle Halo 3 and then ODST on legendary next. Compared to Reach and Anniversary, what can I expect?

ODST on Legendary is cake. Be methodical, use tactics, and play like an ODST should and you can conquer that game easily. Halo 3 - same thing, except your the MC and he kicks ass. Halo 3 is tough, but not nearly as bad as anything else imo save the level Cortana.

Legendary is a snap with the exception of a couple situations. The Cargo Bay on Level 3 is a monster and the Cafeteria at the beginning of Level 10 is nasty, but otherwise it's pretty straightforward as long as you're smart about it (Learn how to work together and know when to have one person hang back to act as a respawn for the other player.

• 3 months later...

Too difficult. I play most games on the hardest difficulty, and I have beat Halo 2, 3 and Reach all on legendary solo without much hassle. Gave up after the first level on this tho. I dunno...maybe cos it's a rental and I wanna get it done quick, but it did seem incredibly difficult to me

• 3 months later...