Help How can I pass the Empty Seven on Hard mode

Akumario

This part has just about ruined the game for me. I am getting so frustrated admitedly I have been doing some stupid things but that is because I am totally over this part. Then again I have only attempted it for an hour but I am just bored to death of it probably because I played this part so many times on easy trying to get straight flushes. I haven't struggled with any part of the game except this. I beat the flamethrower guy on my second attempt on hard and only died about 4 times during the kuma mission but I have probably tripled my death count on this one bit. I am even having trouble getting up to the kunoichi now and every time I face the two big guys (I've only got up here twice) it takes one or two hits and I'm dead. Anyway I just needed to vent my frustration!

EDIT- Finally did it on my thrid attempt after coming home from work. I had absolutely no problem with the ninjas this time. I was pretty pissed off on my first attempt though when I made it to the brutes without even using the bear and then I went in to focus straight away and jumped accidently only for the brute to hit me causing me to fly into the water. The best tip for the brutes is without doubt to parry kill them. One will always come down the stairs before the other so if u r fast u only have to face one at a time.

Edited by bloodswan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as with rest of the people on this issue I too struggled but after trying all the methods written on this the best for me was the block/parry LT+X on all the ninjas including the kunoichi waves, I stood in 1 of the 4 corners as not to get flanked and concentrated on 1 ninja at a time blocked then focus X kill rince and repeat, it worked a treat didnt use the bear at all tho I did use the poker game trying for the achieve, on the bigger guys i again stayed near 1 of the 4 corners and spammed Y to knock them off the edge ended up being a doddle

Glad I could help a little. It was kinda hard to explain. But once you get it working this part is a lot easier.

I was stuck on this part for about a month and I hated to even look at the game.

I read Colonel Ajay's post and on my FIRST TRY I got to the Double Samurai section! After that it took a few more tries to parry kill them all but I went from never having any hope of passing this point, to doing it in an hour!

Holding both RT/LT and then doing B/Y in Focus will let you BREEZE through all of hard mode (not counting bosses).

This is what I did. I couldnt keep button mashing it was messing up my fingers. So I did the opposite. Nothing but defense. For the first 4 waves(female/male ninjas) I just held down block(RT) and never let go. The same with focus(LT). Once it was charged it would automatically activate. At this point your blocking and in focus and will stay like this for quite a long time. While this is happening just keep pushing x till it goes thru as a slice then make it count and attack only the ninja in front of you then go back to blocking(RT). You block untill your medallion is charged. Again activate focus(LT) and keep tapping x till Afro attacks the ninja in front of him, again imediatly go back to blocking. I got thru the first four waves this way getting hit only one time and still had my bear and ninja poker to use.

The second part where the orange ninjas come out I didnt really have a strategy. I just did my best to kill them as fast as I could. This is also where I will activate ninja ninja. This is the hardest part of this game for me.

On the 4 waves of swordsman I did the same trick I used on the ninjas. Only drawback is that it takes a little time to kill the swordsman this way. The first wave of big guys happen to catch me slippen and got me down to where I had only one hit left(another tip: when u have one hit left block untill you get out of the red, you will only get enough health back so that u do not hear the funny audio but its something). I made it thru the last 3 waves of big guys on one hit doing this method. Like I said tho it takes a little time to do it this way. I think it took me maybe an hour. But I would stop for a second if my hand started to hurt. I know it might not work for everyone but it is an option that I wanted to share. I flew right thru this game on normal then hard till this part and just wanted to say my strategy. It was almost sure fire for me tho.

DUDE... Thank you so much for this strategy man, jugging by what people are saying about this part you just saved me hours if not days of agony and $50 for a new controller. I got threw all the ninjas no problem on my 3rd run threw and still had me bear left over when i got to the big bruts, I just jumped on those big fuckers and chopped there heads off one by one with out getting hit once and not even using my bear in the end.

The best way to kill the large swordsman is to PARRY their first attack, use 'A' to pounce and then 'Y' for the kill. Don't use 'X' they just throw you off. They go down a lot quicker using this method.

4 waves of ninjas - FOCUS with block and X

big guy - what I said above

2 waves of konichi ladies - mostly focus x and block again and try to get poker hand to reset my health

the waves of big guys. Thrust attack with X - then when they are red I would use the method above.

This took me two hours to finally get past.

Parry works awesome. Did not really figure out how to do it until I was fighting KUMA on hard. Wish I had figures that out alot sooner.

DUDE... Thank you so much for this strategy man, jugging by what people are saying about this part you just saved me hours if not days of agony and $50 for a new controller. I got threw all the ninjas no problem on my 3rd run threw and still had me bear left over when i got to the big bruts, I just jumped on those big fuckers and chopped there heads off one by one with out getting hit once and not even using my bear in the end.

No problem. Just glad I could help. That part almost made me take Afro Samurai back. (we all know then i would probly buy it back lol)

Just breezed through it by blocking and just focusing on 1 guy at once.. You sometimes get 3 or 4 with one slice aswell..

For the big guys, I just attacked with X until one jumped off the edge and then turned around and did the same for the second one.

Hope this helps

Anyone have a strategy for number 6?

me too, I would like to read some tips about how to get rid of him on hard. this guy made me almost cry on normal : /

number 6 is sick and definitely he's the one that pisses me off the most in this game, period.

yes that's true.

my method (on normal) was constantly strafing with LT+LS+A (either left or right, doesn't matter) and waiting until I get right behind his back and then XXX LT+Y. I did the jumpings from rather safe distance - far enough his over the head swings don't reach Afro and close enough he's not swinging his grenades.

during the fight I used only one bear... just in case. even though Afro wasn't wounded badly.

If you make circles around him, just out of reach of his stick then he will repeatedly do this combo where the final hit is a heavy one that goes vertically down to the floor and then #6 pauses, giving you time to hit him with Y,Y,Y and then roll back just in time. Repeat this and he's quite easy.. I even did it on Hard this method without being hit once!!

He will change strategy multi times but all in all he will just become more powerful rather than using any other techniques.

Also note that if you get too far away he will lob grenades at you so watch out for that.

• 3 weeks later...
This is what I did. I couldnt keep button mashing it was messing up my fingers. So I did the opposite. Nothing but defense. For the first 4 waves(female/male ninjas) I just held down block(RT) and never let go. The same with focus(LT). Once it was charged it would automatically activate. At this point your blocking and in focus and will stay like this for quite a long time. While this is happening just keep pushing x till it goes thru as a slice then make it count and attack only the ninja in front of you then go back to blocking(RT). You block untill your medallion is charged. Again activate focus(LT) and keep tapping x till Afro attacks the ninja in front of him, again imediatly go back to blocking. I got thru the first four waves this way getting hit only one time and still had my bear and ninja poker to use.

The second part where the orange ninjas come out I didnt really have a strategy. I just did my best to kill them as fast as I could. This is also where I will activate ninja ninja. This is the hardest part of this game for me.

On the 4 waves of swordsman I did the same trick I used on the ninjas. Only drawback is that it takes a little time to kill the swordsman this way. The first wave of big guys happen to catch me slippen and got me down to where I had only one hit left(another tip: when u have one hit left block untill you get out of the red, you will only get enough health back so that u do not hear the funny audio but its something). I made it thru the last 3 waves of big guys on one hit doing this method. Like I said tho it takes a little time to do it this way. I think it took me maybe an hour. But I would stop for a second if my hand started to hurt. I know it might not work for everyone but it is an option that I wanted to share. I flew right thru this game on normal then hard till this part and just wanted to say my strategy. It was almost sure fire for me tho.

you are the man!

yeah holding block and focus makes it take a while, but its better than doing this level 11tybillion times... on the female ninjas i just did the block and focus thing, or sometimes id leg sweep one and then focus attack. on the 4 waves of big guys i would wait near the edge and hold focus and then just dodge, sometimes they would fly off on their own, sometimes id have to help them over, just hit them once or twice. i found that if i did that yyyy combo i would jump off with them half of the time, so id hit y once or twice...

I just attacked number 6 with the usual XYXYXYXYXYXYXYXYXYX combo and as soon the hits started landing I did the focus vertical attack (LT + Y). It worked like a charm, he is nowhere near as hard in the Empty Seven level compared to the flamethrower fight.

this.

i just rushed at him and mashed xyxyxyxyxy and when his stick would kinda fly back ? id focus y a few times and go back to xyxyxyxy i think i used both bears, really only needed one... and i didnt die once :)

it's actually very easy to pass this part on hard, here are simple tips to beat all of the enemies...

Ninja - parry, LT + X (aim down or up, depends if enemy crouched or jumped)

Kunoichi - parry, A, X

big guy with katana - parry, A, Y

simple and yet very effective.

this.

i just rushed at him and mashed xyxyxyxyxy and when his stick would kinda fly back ? id focus y a few times and go back to xyxyxyxy i think i used both bears, really only needed one... and i didnt die once :)

Holy shit this method actually worked thanks mate. I spent nearly 2 hours trying to run rings around him and hit him with y when i was behind him. I got so close to throwing my controller at the TV. I suppose i should have looked here first:)

Ive spent 4 hours on this part. ONE BEAR IS NOT ENOUGH!!!! good god. I was thoroughly enjoying the game until this. this is absolutely ridiculous. for the first 5 waves i do, focus-sweep, hold y. that gets me up till the 5th wave w/o a bear. but the second wave of female ninjas murders me. i can't even get to the 2nd wave of big dudes...gah. O well, im going to bed and seeing if i can beat it in the morning

@pikey. Its like prince of persia.. You have to wall run and jump at exactly the right time.. Too early and you jump short and obviously die.. Too far and you'll just fall off with a similar result to jumping to early..

All I can say is watch Afro and when he bends his legs in, that is when you should press A. Once you do it once, you'll realise how easy it is and be able to do it every time..

its just a timing issue.. Hope this helps.

OMG!!! DID IT!!! WOOT! :Bounce:

Right, what i did was just kill them all 1 at a time with LT+B and then LT+Y, just ran around doing that lol ^^ and for the big guy all i did was raped them one at a time with "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" and pushed them to the edge so then jumped back and fell in :)

last time i was this peeved off was "the mile high club" ach on COD4 :p

Edited by caveman wis