Achievement Guide + Roadmap

Shelton

I've never played this game, Is it any good?

A lot of people were disappointed with the game, personally, I loved it. It's a throwback to the original. No regenerating health, very few checkpoints (or none on higher difficulties), lots of weapons/gadgets, solid gameplay. The only thing I didn't really care for was the story.

If you enjoyed the original, I don't see why you wouldn't enjoy this game.

:eek:

This still isn't stickied?

The other guide is complete trash.

This board gets so few posts, I don't think it matters that much. It won't slip off the first page. I'm sure if a mod seen it though, it would get stickied.

On another note. I apologise for not working on the guide for the past couple of months. I've moved house and been catching up on some other games. I think it is about time I completed the guide however, so over the next couple of weeks I'll try to get it all done.

Edited by Shelton

• 4 weeks later...

i haven't played this game in a long time but i have to get back at it to get 1000g, 800g atm its a very good game plus a game being old doesn't mean its not playable, btw there is things in this guide that i had to point out the estimate is great hen before they patched the game which made this game alot easier to beat,like in jungle you could glitch to the end of the map, just wanted to let you know because people that play it now didnt know, thank you again great guide.

i haven't played this game in a long time but i have to get back at it to get 1000g, 800g atm its a very good game plus a game being old doesn't mean its not playable, btw there is things in this guide that i had to point out the estimate is great hen before they patched the game which made this game alot easier to beat,like in jungle you could glitch to the end of the map, just wanted to let you know because people that play it now didnt know, thank you again great guide.

Exactly. I still play games that are 10-15 years old and enjoy them as much, if not more than todays offerings. Old does not equal bad.

I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at with the rest of your post. The only glitch I mentioned in the guide still works to this day. Flying through the jungle to the exit... I wouldn't even use the term "glitch" to describe it, as it is just using a function of the game to your advantage. Unless there is some sort of new glitch that exists? I'm grateful for the feedback but need a little clarification on what you mean.

• 2 weeks later...
Exactly. I still play games that are 10-15 years old and enjoy them as much, if not more than todays offerings. Old does not equal bad.

I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at with the rest of your post. The only glitch I mentioned in the guide still works to this day. Flying through the jungle to the exit... I wouldn't even use the term "glitch" to describe it, as it is just using a function of the game to your advantage. Unless there is some sort of new glitch that exists? I'm grateful for the feedback but need a little clarification on what you mean.

There was an actual glitch back in the day, it involved taking cover by a window in the first guard encampment and ducking in and out of cover in quick succession to clip through a wall.

From there you'd end up on piece of geometry which would take you right up to limits of the level's sky box, allowing you to effectively "walk" to the end.

Even with a cleared cache I could never get it to work, the 2 or 3 Youtube that exist of the glitch don't really give any helpful tips, and even if they could it looks very luck based.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SDulr54rC4&feature=related]YouTube - ‪PDZ Mission 9, I made another one for DARK AGENT‬‏[/ame]

He starts doing the glitch itself at 0:36.

• 1 month later...
There was an actual glitch back in the day, it involved taking cover by a window in the first guard encampment and ducking in and out of cover in quick succession to clip through a wall.

Right, thanks for that, I had no idea what he was talking about. I'm sure people would be all over that glitch if it were consistent, but as you say it seems very luck based. It's for the best though really, you'll feel better when you conquer the behemoth that is Jungle legit.

Anyway, here is a pic for the headshot achievement that I took today. It's not great, however, until I get a decent capture device or camera, it will need to do. Everyone will run through that doorway to their doom.

One last thing, I'd like to thank 007craft and BeerBaron for their videos.

http://oi56.tinypic.com/w7b0j.jpg

Edited by Shelton

At launch I thought this game was shit, a massive disappointment even. My expectations were shockingly high.

Fast forward to today I play the demo and notice it has local multiplayer, co-op campaign and regular campaign. In the frickin' demo. When you're done you get a funny dataDyne propoganda screen as well... "YOU WILL RECOMMEND THIS GAME TO YOUR FRIENDS WITH GENUINE ENTHUSIASM".

After playing so many shitty regenerating health CoD clones the game is a breath of fresh air! The health regen system this game has is a perfect middle ground between the old school shooters and the new ones. The guns feel unique and have their own roles to play, the game has offline multiplayer with bots, co-op, varying objectives based on difficulty, fairly non-linear levels and the graphics still hold up to this day. The cover system has its place in combat without having the whole game focus on it (Gears).

My only real gripe is going into 3rd person for a 0.5 second combat roll.

I feel bad for not getting into this game at launch but at the time I didn't realise what the future held for FPS games.

• 1 month later...

How do we go about appealing the mods to change the guide on the main home page? This guide is so much better than the piece of shit listed there. All that guide does is tell you common sense. 2 hours MIGHT have gone into the creation of that.

Your guide is so much more helpful. I think I'm going to start working on this game again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I big thank-you for such a great & detailed guide. I only recently bought an X360, and I remember playing the original of this game on the N64. :)

Thanks for the guide, friend. I'm planning on starting this game again soon :).

How do we go about appealing the mods to change the guide on the main home page? This guide is so much better than the piece of shit listed there. All that guide does is tell you common sense. 2 hours MIGHT have gone into the creation of that.

Your guide is so much more helpful. I think I'm going to start working on this game again.

You're all very welcome. I will submit the guide once I am done filling in the information for the last four achievements, it should then be placed on the home page. I fixed the roadmap... Let me warn any potential guide writers, DO NOT leave your roadmap to last. At least reserve your first post for the roadmap. I had to do so much moving around of posts, it took me well over an hour to get everything in order. Moving some of the posts caused issues, especially with regards to the videos (some multiplied). I hope I haven't accidentally removed anything important. lol. If anyone sees a mistake or yes, something missing (other than the four achievements I need to fill in), please let me know.

Cheers. :drunk

Deleted my 1st post so the guide is now not split in two.

Thanks a lot mate.

Edited by Shelton

• 2 weeks later...

This guide really was a big help; not so much because i followed it , but moreso because it comes across as being written honestly and by someone who would have gone thru the struggles of tackling the great beast called perfect dark zero.

Personally I thought the game was(is) a masterpiece. I also think that many of the negative reviews were influenced by the toughness of the game and not because the game was actually bad.

When i first started to play this game i refused to start playing the campaign on agent or secret agent, opting instead for perfect agent cause i thought i was a pretty good gamer. Well i got my tail kicked in short order and had to go back to agent/secret agent to learn the levels properly (lol)

It's not strictly a linear game either......true you are moving from point A to point B but the ways to get there are multiple and A.I does tend to move around according to your actions

• 1 year later...

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member Yunder and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Perfect Dark Zero Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...