Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Tyger7

Anyone know if having level 10 weapons helps out immensly playing Multiplayer? I want a Black Widow that is one shot kill to any body part. Something that goes thru shields and armor!!! :)

Of course! Every upgrade increases damage and ammo capacity while lowering the weight. While the Black Widow's weight will always be high, the extra rounds and damage will be great.

the hard part- getting one. you can only unlock them in spectre packs, as it's an ultra rare N7 weapon. I haven't even unlocked the weapon. I have the widow II, and I've unlocked around 20+ spectre packs, maybe even 30+.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still doubt that Master & Commander is possible without multiplayer. Unless one of the authors of the guide have accomplished it themselves, I don't believe they should claim that it is possible. Too many people have said that it's not.

I still doubt that Master & Commander is possible without multiplayer. Unless one of the authors of the guide have accomplished it themselves, I don't believe they should claim that it is possible. Too many people have said that it's not.

I have not personally, nor has Tyger. But a longstanding forum member by the name of Ray5555 has, and I trust his word. There have also been other members who have, though I don't know them personally.

Read his guide here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=4946311&postcount=56

Like I say in the achievement description, it is possible. I also stress how much easier it is by simply playing a few MP matches. If people want to bust their ass like that to save ten bucks, that's their choice.

With all due respect to him, he is incorrect. You need to break 4,000 EMS to get the achievement. He claimed that it unlocked with less than that. People have posted evidence that they beat the game with 3,800+ EMS and didn't get the achievement. Hell, I did everything in his guide and came up with less than that. 4,000 EMS is the magic number. Without it, the achievement won't unlock.

I ran through the entire trilogy making all of the "right" decisions for war assets. I'm nearly finished with Mass Effect 3. I'll be able to fully determine whether or not it is possible very soon.

Edited by Askeroth

BioWare themselves also said it was possible, but whatever. You need to play the MP to get Defender anyway, so it's not really that big of a deal. If you don't have Gold normally you can use a 48-hour code or whatever, get Defender right quick and then you'll have the Readiness up to easily get M&C.

I'll update the description again to stress how difficult it is, but I still believe it to be possible.

BioWare themselves also said it was possible, but whatever. You need to play the MP to get Defender anyway, so it's not really that big of a deal. If you don't have Gold normally you can use a 48-hour code or whatever, get Defender right quick and then you'll have the Readiness up to easily get M&C.

I'll update the description again to stress how difficult it is, but I still believe it to be possible.

I have a satellite connection. Online gaming is not possible. When guides say that an achievement can be unlocked offline, I expect to be able to get it. This one, however, has eluded me. I'll let you know if I unlock it. I'd even be willing to write up an accurate mini-guide for it, but his guide isn't correct when it says it can be unlocked with merely 7000+ total military strength. Has to be over 8000 if done entirely offline. Edited by Askeroth

I have not personally, nor has Tyger. But a longstanding forum member by the name of Ray5555 has, and I trust his word. There have also been other members who have, though I don't know them personally.

Read his guide here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=4946311&postcount=56

Like I say in the achievement description, it is possible. I also stress how much easier it is by simply playing a few MP matches. If people want to bust their ass like that to save ten bucks, that's their choice.

I can confirm it doesn't get you the achievement to follow that. You don't end up at 8K war assets. You end up around ~7200-7300.

I can confirm it doesn't get you the achievement to follow that. You don't end up at 8K war assets. You end up around ~7200-7300.
I can vouch for this. I just completed my "perfect" save, doing everything for the sake of war assets, and I ended up with 7380 TMS, which translates into 3690 EMS. That's before the Cerberus Base, so the Reaper Brain would add another 110 to that, but it's still not enough.

For Veteran, it's quick if you have a save for Earth mission. Play until you destroy the Hades cannon.

You get the objective to survive until the shuttle extract arrives. Keep on killing the Cannibals here, and once they run out, reload checkpoint.

Takes roughly 30 minutes to kill 500 of them, if you play on easiest difficulty you don't really need to worry about their damage either.

Ok I have a quick question about "importing" my multiplayer toon into the main game.

If I have all 4 types of vanguard unlocked; do I get credit for all 4 or just 1?

And does the credit carry over to all subsequent playthroughs? Or just the 1 I'm currently on?

Thanks in advance.

Ok I have a quick question about "importing" my multiplayer toon into the main game.

If I have all 4 types of vanguard unlocked; do I get credit for all 4 or just 1?

And does the credit carry over to all subsequent playthroughs? Or just the 1 I'm currently on?

Thanks in advance.

1. do you think you can import your multiplayer characters into singleplayer?

2. .........toon?

The possible combinations for the master at arms acheivment are:

I dont think you have to use the powers yourelf.

Biotic Combos

• Singularity --> Warp, Throw, Shockwave, Charge, Nova, Cluster Grenade, Reave
  • Stasis --> Warp, Throw, Shockwave, Charge, Nova, Cluster Grenade, Reave
  • Pull --> Warp, Throw, Shockwave, Charge, Nova, Cluster Grenade, Reave
  • Warp --> Throw, Shockwave, Charge, Nova, Cluster Grenade, Reave
  • Lift Grenade --> Warp, Throw, Shockwave, Charge, Nova, Cluster Grenade, Reave
  • Shockwave (only with Rank 6 Lifting Shockwave evolution) --> Warp, Throw, Charge, Nova, Cluster Grenade, Reave
  • Reave --> Warp, Throw, Shockwave, Charge, Nova, Cluster Grenade

•  
    I found this list of biotic and tech combos on the Bioware forums.
    Biotic Combos
    • Singularity --> Warp, Throw, Shockwave, Charge, Nova, Cluster Grenade, Reave
    • Stasis --> Warp, Throw, Shockwave, Charge, Nova, Cluster Grenade, Reave
    • Pull --> Warp, Throw, Shockwave, Charge, Nova, Cluster Grenade, Reave
    • Warp --> Throw, Shockwave, Charge, Nova, Cluster Grenade, Reave
    • Lift Grenade --> Warp, Throw, Shockwave, Charge, Nova, Cluster Grenade, Reave
    • Shockwave (only with Rank 6 Lifting Shockwave evolution) --> Warp, Throw, Charge, Nova, Cluster Grenade, Reave
    • Reave --> Warp, Throw, Shockwave, Charge, Nova, Cluster Grenade

Tech Combos

FIRE EXPLOSION - Can be set up by: Incinerate, Carnage, Inferno Grenade, Incendiary Ammo

• Can be detonated with any Biotic/Tech/Combat powers that can deal direct damage (except for the powers that are used to set up the combo).
    • Effect: Enemies effected by any of the fire based powers, cause an AoE fire explosion, once they are killed by a direct damage power. The effect is similar to blowing up Pyros with Overload in ME2.
    • Note: Enemy MUST be killed by the second power, in order to cause a Fire Explosion. E.G. it will not work, if an enemy is hit by Incinerate --> Overload, and still has HP left after that. So, in this case, Overload would have to do sufficient damage to outright kill a burning enemy, in order to cause a Fire Explosion.

CRYO EXPLOSION - Can be set up by: Cryo Blast, Cryo Ammo

• Can be detonated with any Biotic/Tech/Combat powers that can deal direct damage.
    • Effect: Frozen enemies killed by damage based powers, cause an AoE cryo explosion, freezing any enemy that is nearby.
    • Note: Same as Fire Explosion, frozen enemies MUST be killed by the second power in order to trigger Cryo Explosion.

TECH BURST - Can be set up by: Overload, Energy Drain, Disruptor Ammo, Sabotage

• Can be detonated by any Biotic/Tech/Combat powers that can deal direct damage (except for the powers that are used to set up the combo).
  • Effect: Enemies effected by electricity based powers, discharge multiple electricity bolts to nearby enemies, when hit with direct damage powers. Effect is similar to Overload's Chain Overload upgrade.
  • Note: Unlike Fire & Cryo Explosion combos, this one doesn't require an enemy to be killed by the second power. E.G. enemy hit by Overload --> Incinerate will produce Tech Burst, whether he is killed by Incinerate or not.

1. do you think you can import your multiplayer characters into singleplayer?

2. .........toon?

1. You can import your MP character into the SP as a war asset (+25 I think) - it only imports the single character you choose (not every character of that class) and it only counts toward the current playthrough.

2. I agree, I hate when people use the word "toon" to reference an RPG character.

You can import your MP character into the SP as a war asset (+25 I think) - it only imports the single character you choose (not every character of that class) and it only counts toward the current playthrough.

oh crap, didnt know that (dont have multiplayer). sorry sonic1896

Thanks to everyone who worked on the guide! I finally got my last achievement this afternoon, Veteran. I was still ~600 kills away after completing Defender.

The guide may want to mention the other ways to bump up Galactic Readiness besides MP. On the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch there are

* Mass Effect 3 Datapad (free): It has a Galaxy at War feature (I resist calling it a game), where you command fleets to complete missions on the Galaxy Map. After a few hours (mission times vary), you can check back and see the readiness increase and deploy the fleets for more missions. The boost to readiness and length of missions vary based on how much you upgrade your fleet, so I'm not exactly sure how viable this is to boosting readiness. For me at roughly half-way point on upgrades, it just helps slow down the daily readiness decay as I deploy fleets for 6 hour missions before I go to work and before I go to bed. You may as well get a few % in the regions you are lacking as you play MP.

* Mass Effect Infiltrator ($7 USD): A not so bad game. You gather pieces of intel in the game that you can upload to increase your readiness some %. I didn't really pay attention to how much the boost is. Only played this briefly at this point so I don't now many details.

I'm going to be out of town and away from the 360 for about a week and a half. I'm hoping to maintain my readiness with these apps so that I can play my NG+ and get the ending I want when I return. I'll know more about Infiltrator and more upgraded Datapad after that. If any one knows if BW gave other ways to maintain Galactic Readiness away from the main game, let me know!

Edited by onoturtle

1. You can import your MP character into the SP as a war asset (+25 I think) - it only imports the single character you choose (not every character of that class) and it only counts toward the current playthrough.

2. I agree, I hate when people use the word "toon" to reference an RPG character.

1- Sorry Pants, gotta correct ya! :p Each import is worth 75 points and are a separate save file that's imported for every playthrough. Also (gonna double check tonight) I believe the whole class drops to level one after promotion. I think that's why they all level up, even though your using one "skin". Example, I use a Drell Adept, however my 2 human adepts always level up too. I'll edit this post tonight when double check it. :)

2- Agree whole-heartily! ;)

EDIT: As promised here's what I can confirm so far. I have pictures to prove it all, if you wish to see them PM me your email and I'll send them. (they're on my phone since my computer took a dirt nap) I have some theories yet to be confirmed:

1- The number of skins you have unlocked for a class are directly proportinal to the war asset. My theory, each skin is worth 25 points for your war assets.

2- The info is contained on EA servers, meaning it's available for every playthrough while online.

Confirmed info:

1- Your save files do NOT change in size, however the assets are ALL updated for ALL playthroughs.

2- You promote your character CLASS, not the specific skin you're using. This means if your using a Drell Adept and get to level 20, when you promote the 2 Humans are promoted too. (Assuming you don't have the Asari skin unlocked.)

See the encyclopedia for more info.

Edited by Grifter Reborn
Updated with proper info

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1747/UFD6zgG-.jpgUnwavering 50 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png

Finish all multiplayer maps on Gold or all single-player missions on Insanity.

SP: There are a total of 27 missions, one of which never shows up in your quest log. This achievement will unlock while going for your Insanity playthrough achievement, just be diligent that you complete side-quests as they are available because some are time-sensitive and can be failed. Timed as in completing the priority missions first. The full list of required quests can be found HERE, including instructions for when they open/close.

MP: You just have to beat each of the 6 maps on Gold (hardest difficulty) by finishing all ten waves. This is fairly difficult, so try to find a good team with communication and have high-level characters with a range of abilities.

Can you specify which mission that is? You don't and the thread you linked doesn't mention anything about any of them not showing up in the quest log either. I really don't want to miss one and have to play the entire game over on Insanity.

Can you specify which mission that is? You don't and the thread you linked doesn't mention anything about any of them not showing up in the quest log either. I really don't want to miss one and have to play the entire game over on Insanity.

Prologue: Earth doesn't show, but you can't miss it, seeing how it's the beginning of the game once you've started. ;)