Glu

matt schwindt

F*ck me, Glu have done it again (some of you know how much I love Bug Village). With all the crashing issues I had to start with I've now been trying to connect since about 8pm last night and nothing. Left for about two hours at one point. Restarted phone, removed battery, etc, etc and still nothing. Thought it might be affecting everyone but doesn't seem that way. Looks like only option is to reinstall and lose my Level 30+ character and the 4-5 hours I've already played.

:woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop: :woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop: :woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop:

Let's be honest, I shouldn't have touched this considering my opinion on their first Fremium game. I think I will pass on Contract Killer.

Edited by XBOX ISAAC82

F*ck me, Glu have done it again (some of you know how much I love Bug Village). With all the crashing issues I had to start with I've now been trying to connect since about 8pm last night and nothing. Left for about two hours at one point. Restarted phone, removed battery, etc, etc and still nothing. Thought it might be affecting everyone but doesn't seem that way. Looks like only option is to reinstall and lose my Level 30+ character and the 4-5 hours I've already played.

:woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop: :woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop: :woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop:

Let's me honest, I shouldn't have touched this considering my opinion on their first Fremium game. I think I will pass on Contract Killer.

Sorry to hear this. I hope this doesnt happen to me. No one else have posted about this happening. If it freezes for them, it had been freezing since the beginning. Also did you use any time exploits? Just trying to rule that out.

Sorry to hear this. I hope this doesnt happen to me. No one else have posted about this happening. If it freezes for them, it had been freezing since the beginning. Also did you use any time exploits? Just trying to rule that out.

No, didn't try it as Zebrasqual said the time exploit didn't work.

Edited by XBOX ISAAC82

Didn't someone say your levels and stuff aren't saved on the phone? Can you can firm this Isaac?

If you go into the options there is mention that you can save to a server if you "sign into a social network and play online". However I do not know what that entails. The default setting however is "save to device" unless you changed it.

Didn't someone say your levels and stuff aren't saved on the phone? Can you can firm this Isaac?

Luckily got to work again in the end. Thought it may be a problem with connecting to the server so put the phone in flight mode and restarted the game. It started in about 10 seconds but obviously wasn't connected. I played a few levels and then died so it came back out to the menu. Converted my crystals and then quit out. I then turned flight mode off and restarted game from Xbox Live and then about 3-4 minutes later it connected. Seems to be ok since then. Fingers crossed it will stay like that.

Another glitch to note. When playing for long sessions, I have noticed my Bro-Buffs will glitch and I no longer am getting the perks. I notice because when you click on Play, in the top left corner it shows your boosted % for XP and Xplodium (with 10 bros it is 120%). If you notice you are not getting the correct boosts (mine was only saying 100% and one time 110%), just exit then reboot the game (sigh...long load screen...) and it will be fixed (well at least mine was).

Havent really encountered glitches yet. Once, when i firdt installed it, I played and then tried connecting online and had a level reset.

Other then that slow load screens. HTC HD7...average is about 4 minutes to connect. Earlier this evening was about double that.

My online bro seems to have disappeared though. Not even showing up anymore. Maybe uninstalled lol

• 5 months later...

So far I haven't came across any glitch. The game runs fine, achievements unlocked properly and usually i can connect to LIVE almost every time, if it doesn't connect to live I just have to restart the game once and then it connect.. So far my experience with this game is very positive and I played for around 7-8 hours, currently I'm at level 59 without problems at all.

If this have any interest I am using a Samsung Omnia 7..

edit: after 200 Gun Bros I didn't experience glitches at all in this game.

Edited by Achiever TM

• 1 month later...

I've had to start, BACK out to the WP Start Tiles, then start the game again before waiting the three minutes for the game to start up. If they're doing a lot of syncing ('cloud' saving of your game data), then querying your Friends list for anyone that might be playing Gun Bros, it makes some sense. Either shoddy coding, or just takes that long to get the info from XBox LIVE. Annoying, but I know what it is, how it works, and that I need to exit if it starts up way too quick.

The 'Quest' system is now broken, after having completed all 4 rows. Completion state does not reset, it looks like, so I can't earn additional awards. That's okay, as most of them are crap like 'Buy 10 grenades with real money so you can kill enough enemies with them on a specific planet without running out of your health', and I got the achievement for it.

The game once went non-responsive to me. Nothing worked after getting past the load screen to the main menu. Several times. Thankfully, shutting down my phone, then letting it reboot fixed whatever bug was going on. This is different from the 'joysticks' going non-responsive, which is a horrid bug that they should have fixed. However, Corona Ejector and a lvl 100 buddy helps somewhat.

For anyone thinking of going for a quick 200 pts: Don't. Instead, play the long game. Play once a day, get a little further, let it save your status, play something else. They have daily bonuses; at day 3 through 5, you get 1, 2, then 3 'credits' (a sum of 6) if you log in daily. After day 5, the next day becomes day 1 on the daily bonuses. That means after 30 days of logging in, once per day, you'll have 36 of their currency. With that, you can get one of the best pieces of armor that gives +20% to Atk, Def, and Spd. It's a good while, yeah, but it gives you something to work on slowly, while playing other games that are a lot more fun.