PowerUp Locations on all Maps

pined5551

Yup thats all thats missing is jump boots and Invisibility that was not there on rails before the patch. Pick those up (along with everything else on that map) and you get the achievement I would have been first to 1k this game but I have been suspended from live for 2 days. I just hope one of the other guys who helped with the guide get the 1k first.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yall are missing 2 powerups in "Rails". One Jump Boot and an Invisibility powerup. They can be found on a boat that is coming in like every minute or so.

Diamond mate, thanks so much for pointing those out. Even tho i wont be able to do it any time soon the next time im home i'll be straight on to collect those. Although i havent done any health vials yet this is a big ray of hope for me. Will update the guide, hopefully for the last time :)

Well, I got those powerups on rails, but no achievement. I went through and got everything too, just to be sure. So I guess it's back to making sure that "all powerups found" message appears for me on every level one at a time now.

Ok, so this update hasn't helped me much. I got that message after beating Morbias Arena and Rails, but i didnt get the achievement, so i started playign through the other maps recollecting the powerups, but I haven't gotten the message on any other level. Since I collected the powerups before this patch, should I have gotten the achievement after I replayed Rails? Maybe I should try replaying Rails? Or is this just happening cause I missed a random powerup somewhere? Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by Cynic8387

Diamond mate, thanks so much for pointing those out. Even tho i wont be able to do it any time soon the next time im home i'll be straight on to collect those. Although i havent done any health vials yet this is a big ray of hope for me. Will update the guide, hopefully for the last time :)

It would have never happened without your and Jonesy999's guides. They very accurate.

thanks for all the new info guys, im actually going to go back to this game now that i know i can get the full 1000 will take a little while due to 500 ranked wins and 200 kills on 50 different days achievements but at least i will know if i stick at it then the full points are possible.

Well, I got those powerups on rails, but no achievement. I went through and got everything too, just to be sure. So I guess it's back to making sure that "all powerups found" message appears for me on every level one at a time now.

Ok, so this update hasn't helped me much. I got that message after beating Morbias Arena and Rails, but i didnt get the achievement, so i started playign through the other maps recollecting the powerups, but I haven't gotten the message on any other level. Since I collected the powerups before this patch, should I have gotten the achievement after I replayed Rails? Maybe I should try replaying Rails? Or is this just happening cause I missed a random powerup somewhere? Anyone have any ideas?

I have the same problem, can somebody help us please :(

If you are not sure if you got everything here is what you do. Create another silver account or use an account that has never played UT3. Sign in your main profile to 1st controller, and new profile into second controller. Go to Instant Action Match and do every map all over again but pick everything up with new profile first so u can make sure the white box pops up saying u picked everything up. Once you see that white box pop up for the new profile you know everything was picked up. Now go back and pick everything up with your main profile if the notice pops up you know that was one of the maps you missed. Then just continue that process for every map until you find the maps you missed.

I hope that makes sense the whole purpose is to double check.

I have the same problem, can somebody help us please :(

This isn't looking good, maybe it'll turn out like cod 4 where is you pick up any intels with cheats on then ur srewed. No idea m8, just keep collecting on all possible levels etc and hope for the best :(

Just seen A true beast idea, probably the best solution. Guess you'll have to do it all again....twice ARGGGHHH!

Edited by pined5551

If you are not sure if you got everything here is what you do. Create another silver account or use an account that has never played UT3. Sign in your main profile to 1st controller, and new profile into second controller. Go to Instant Action Match and do every map all over again but pick everything up with new profile first so u can make sure the white box pops up saying u picked everything up. Once you see that white box pop up for the new profile you know everything was picked up. Now go back and pick everything up with your main profile if the notice pops up you know that was one of the maps you missed. Then just continue that process for every map until you find the maps you missed.

I hope that makes sense the whole purpose is to double check.

I found everything on the small maps (rising sun etc) before the patch, so maybe the game doesnt show me the white box because of this?! On Morbias i haven't searched before the Update and tested it 1h ago, after the match i got the white popup :confused: I think this should be so..i'll do the CTF/VCTF/ONS maps next, maybe i'll get the achieve..

This isn't looking good, maybe it'll turn out like cod 4 where is you pick up any intels with cheats on then ur srewed. No idea m8, just keep collecting on all possible levels etc and hope for the best :(

Just seen A true beast idea, probably the best solution. Guess you'll have to do it all again....twice ARGGGHHH!

No, this is not a good idea, nor it is even neccessary. I haven't seen it posted yet, but I'll mention it anyway.

I was the first person to start the thread in the early morning after the patch on the EPIC game forums. Head game dev, Crzyhomer replied to my post about the popup on Morbias (i thought I was hallcinating at first) and confirmed that this achievement was now patched.

But the best way to see it is to simply start a map cycle, then when you get into a game, just hit your START button, then your RIGHT BUMPER, and you will see that empty red screen. At the LOWER LEFT part of the screen is a new text line that will read, "All Powerups Found". This is the best way to confirm/check your status.

I've played through 80% of the maps so far, and in at least 40% of the time, the white graphic will not appear. You have to do it/check it the above-mentioned way (just revote the last level if you have to).

My point? Do not trust the white graphic at the bottom of the screen. Check your status using the start button technique instead.

And to answer the other poster who asks about the fact of having collected the powerups already before the patch, and will the patch recognize this fact, and give you the 'award', I've seen this happen on about 5 of my maps so far, but not nearly all of them.

And finally, to be sure, we all know that the 6 people who've reigned atop the UT3 leaderboards on gamercard.net etc. as of two days ago, were all f*cking cheaters.

Illusion

PS - Congrats Danmaestro and A 2rue Beast!!!! I just checked your official live account, and breathed a sigh of relief. You are my proof that this mofo can now be done!! Good going man!

PSS - to all the other newer players, let it be said that 'vials' of health DO count, and redeemers, contrary to popular belief, do NOT count, nor do standard health 'packs'. I've even seen two or three maps unlock just collecting the body enhancements/armors, and not the other misc. things like UDamage, etc. But hey, if you're there, get'em anyways.

Hope this all helps guys (and chix)!

Edited by devnet
added A 2rue Beast to the PS

I was actually waiting with a digital camera, and took this live shot as the achievement was unlocking. Man, I feel validated now, and my life is more complete. Booyeah!

http://myxboxgamerpage.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/backhand.jpg

I wrote more about it here: http://myxboxgamerpage.com/?p=317, plus there's some more info about the Patch on the main blog.

So, do the Health Vials have to be collected? I'm still unsure about this, even after reading.

Read my post again Tiger. I already said it:

"PSS - to all the other newer players, let it be said that 'vials' of health DO count, and redeemers, contrary to popular belief, do NOT count, nor do standard health 'packs'."

. . . If anyone is in need for a 500 ranked wins achievement hit me up for boosting.

[WARNING: RANT AHEAD not really related to thread, but close enough re: UT3]

Yeah, I wish the Game Devs would STOP putting these meanlingless "Win 35,245,983,924 ranked matches" sh*t in our games.

There are so many other creative ways to do achieves. Specifically, in Unreal Tournament 3 what about getting 1 'MEGA KILL with the Redeemer?' What about 'Get a Powerup off of an Opponant using the Impact Hammer'? Get creative guys.

Jesus, I just finished a really killer game, The Darkness. Great story, very nice 'cool-factor' and then I go online to crack my 1000, and I have to COMPLETE 250 MULTIPLAYER games (on a BS multiplayer online game, and bad servers). I had to do the same thing with PREY (another great game) and no one is online any more.

If any game devs are reading this, can you please PLEEEEEZ stop with the "Complete/Win 'X' amount of this crap" stuff?

I hate (hate!) boosting achieves, but Raider is right. I'll boost any crap like this, because contrary to popular belief, some of us do have lives, or we want to get on with another game.

The UT3 achieve SHOULD'VE been, "Complete 100 Ranked Matches" --> NOT "WIN 500 Ranked Matches.

Classified Ad: --> I want to be hired by all game devs to be the GLOBAL XBOX 360 achievement maker for all games on the planet from now on. I'll do it for nothing except a free copy of the game itself. (OK, maybe 120K a year instead) But, your games will be rocking big time!

Raider, I've got 73 matches left. I'll send you a FR, and well see if we can do this (the best is in Morbias, set to 5/5, meet in center area). I'll host with live chat.

Let me know.

[Rant Finished]

ILLUSI0N

PS - I should note that The Darkness got rave reviews for their achievement "progress" notifiers 'in game' on many review sites, and I agree. Killer offline achieves, and a way killer way to check progress. I guess they had a brainfart when it came to the online ones.