Dashboarding in Halo 4??

Free Beer

Ok, so I got a buddy of mine who is, let's say, not that good at Halo.

Don't get me wrong, he holds his own, but he's not incredible by any means. I've been playing not just Halo, but tons of FPS's with this guy for years. And he doesn't TOUCH me at Halo.

His K/D ratio was at about a 1.50, then suddenly like 2 weeks later he tells me he's at a 1.94 and then the next day he tells me he's at a 2.01, and then the next day he tells me he's at a 2.06..... He has been really sketchy when it comes to playing with me, and refuses to play anything but BTB, in which he just sits back and camps for kills, but DEFINTIELY not enough to boost his K/D that much.

I KNOW he has to be boosting, or dashboarding or SOMETHING. I even saw him go to dashboard and back into Halo a few times last timeI saw him online, and his Win/Loss record is garbage.

So basically I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to Dashboard in Halo 4, or do some kind of glitch to not have a game count towards your stats. Because something is fishy here...

Far as I know, no there isn't. Kills are tracked in real time, so the moment he's killed or makes a kill, his K/D is automatically updated if I'm not mistaken.

As for tricks to boosting his K/D, the best way to cheat it is to have 4 controllers and another friend with 4 controllers. Running around killing the idling hosts would allow them both to improve their ratio.

No known glitches to rapidly increase kill/death ratio. He could be boosting or bridging his internet connection to have an unfair advantage as host.

Grifball is a pretty quick method to get a butt load of kills.

If your really that curious, check out his profile on http://www.halowaypoint.com and look at his previous games. If you see anything funny you can call him out on the douchi activity. However, is it really that big of a deal? Theres alot of ways to compare dicks and k/d ratio isnt the most accurate scale.

If your really that curious, check out his profile on http://www.halowaypoint.com and look at his previous games. If you see anything funny you can call him out on the douchi activity. However, is it really that big of a deal? Theres alot of ways to compare dicks and k/d ratio isnt the most accurate scale.

He's pretty much right...it's not that big of a deal. He's probably play Grifball or knows of some method of boosting that none of us do. In the end, K/D doesn't mean anything so who cares.

lol it's not like I'm pissed off about it or it's really bothering me. I was just kind of stumped and wanted to figure it out. He's super competitive, and I've always been way better at FPS's than him, so he's really trying to get the one up on me.

I actually think I might have figured it out. Last night i jumped into a game and instead of dashboarding Ia ctually signed out in the middle of a game.

I saw a quick message pop up for like 1 second and it said something like "we couldn't record your stats and blah blah blah blah" So then I signed back in and went to start war games again and wehn I went in it was showing all of my stats reset! I was a level 1 !!

So I turned off my Xbox and started Halo back up, and I had my rank back and everything but my armor, stance, and classes were all reset to default. Kind of annoying. Idk if it's just a glitch or what, but I didn't check to see if the KD got effected. I would have done it again, but the whole stat reset thing kind of freaked me out.

I'll try it again tonight and see if i can confirm it working...

I actually think I might have figured it out. Last night i jumped into a game and instead of dashboarding Ia ctually signed out in the middle of a game.

I saw a quick message pop up for like 1 second and it said something like "we couldn't record your stats and blah blah blah blah" So then I signed back in and went to start war games again and wehn I went in it was showing all of my stats reset! I was a level 1 !!

So I turned off my Xbox and started Halo back up, and I had my rank back and everything but my armor, stance, and classes were all reset to default. Kind of annoying. Idk if it's just a glitch or what, but I didn't check to see if the KD got effected. I would have done it again, but the whole stat reset thing kind of freaked me out.

I'll try it again tonight and see if i can confirm it working...

So much trial and error for something that doesn't have any real-life significance though. Wouldn't anyone agree?

So much trial and error for something that doesn't have any real-life significance though. Wouldn't anyone agree?

I totally agree, but I feel I should at least have a K/D above 1.0. I know I'm way above that, so I should have nothing to worry about! XD

Ok, so I got a buddy of mine who is, let's say, not that good at Halo.

Don't get me wrong, he holds his own, but he's not incredible by any means. I've been playing not just Halo, but tons of FPS's with this guy for years. And he doesn't TOUCH me at Halo.

His K/D ratio was at about a 1.50, then suddenly like 2 weeks later he tells me he's at a 1.94 and then the next day he tells me he's at a 2.01, and then the next day he tells me he's at a 2.06..... He has been really sketchy when it comes to playing with me, and refuses to play anything but BTB, in which he just sits back and camps for kills, but DEFINTIELY not enough to boost his K/D that much.

I KNOW he has to be boosting, or dashboarding or SOMETHING. I even saw him go to dashboard and back into Halo a few times last timeI saw him online, and his Win/Loss record is garbage.

So basically I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to Dashboard in Halo 4, or do some kind of glitch to not have a game count towards your stats. Because something is fishy here...

He could be doing performance ehancing drugs like adderall which is a

cognitive enhancer if i remember rightly. It would explain him going from below average to average in days.

I think you and your friend need a little talk. ;)

But I don't of any glitch by dashboarding on this game, surely if you get disconnected mid game then it would count as a loss in multiplayer..

A win/loss record doesn't really show a correlation between a K/D. I've gone 33 and 10 before in a SWAT game before and lost that same game! It all depends on the teammates and how good of a camper you can be.

Maybe hes playing flood mode? I raised my kd like crazy when i played a few games. But i lucked out and got to be human every round and averaged out about 10 kills a round and was always last man standing. So going about 30+ and 3 every game will very much raise your kd. Also it doesnt require any thought or skill so its just a theory?

Does waypoint have heatmaps like in Bungie's old Halo website (I can't check; my computer refuses to load waypoint -- it keeps asking me to log in)? If so, you could check his maps and see if he camps in a certain spot.

I'm pretty sure that feature was removed when the domain changed to halo.xbox.com before Halo Waypoint.