Can't find the Vita Chambers Option? Simple Solution Here!

Incompl33t

• 2 weeks later...

why does this option not show up in the first place? that's so retarded that we have to trick the system into allowing up to have this option... is this due to a system update or not? i don't currently have any DLC for bioshock, and it seems as though this is the only way to get it. arg!

why does this option not show up in the first place? that's so retarded that we have to trick the system into allowing up to have this option... is this due to a system update or not? i don't currently have any DLC for bioshock, and it seems as though this is the only way to get it. arg!

Yeah, it's pretty sad MS messed this up so much. I've never played any other game that had this problem. I couldn't get the clearing the cache method to work, blingking2k7's method seems to have worked though. Thanks all.

hello everyone,

im about to finish bioshock and I wish to try this method ... but I still have a question before do it, if anyone could help me answering it I woul be glad.

Do I really need to delete my cache?, or just the DLC?

- if I have to clear my cache, that could cause any damage to my xbox? because I saw here that "Deleting the cache could cause problems with your Xbox 360 console or even make it inoperable. It is not recommended as a last resort, and not to be used by the novice user."

Best Regards

Experienced this when going back to Bioshock to finnish off brass balls. Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere, but an idea struck me due to a similar problem earlier, and everything in this thread seemed overly complicated.

I'm on my third box, and that seems to be a similar case to everyone else having problems. Here's what you do:

- Delete the dlc if you still have it

- Clear the hdd cache (settings > system > select the hdd > hit Y > clear cache

- Log out of LIVE on your box

- A search for "Transfer licenses" will take you here: http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/drm/

- Follow the onscreen guide, register your new box properly, redownload the Plasmids dlc afterwards (instructions in the guide)

- Fire up Bioshock, update game, load a game or start a new one, and viola, the vita chambers option is back, on your main account without the need for a second one.

From here on out, there should be no more problems with the vita chambers option; unless you go and change boxes again =)

... If post #25 is "overly complicated", I don't know what to tell ya...:p

If you actually understood what caused the problem, and under what conditions people were experienced this bug, having to go through several duct-tape and chewing gum solutions, sure, I would say it was overly complicated.

Your solution would only work for people who hasn't changed boxes, only cleared the cached update from not playing Bioshock for a good while.

I could simply have said that transferring your licenses would solve it, but how many would know how without asking for a further explanation?

I'm not claiming to be any expert in the field, but I don't see what difference a new XBox makes over a previous one? The box still stores the update, saved files, and player files the same as any other.

I say this because mine is a newer one than when I initially started playing the game and what I posted previously was all that was needed to get the Vita Chambers option to show up, so it's obviously not just for people who haven't changed boxes.

I guess at the end of the day all that really matters is if your solution works, no matter if it is more complicated or less complicated, right? And I have no reason to doubt yours works.

Take care!:)

• 3 months later...
I don't feel comfortable clearing my cashe...would downloading the DLC on a silver account do the trick?

Deleting the cache doesnt harm your xbox in any way. The automatic updates that you are asked to install when loading up a game are removed from your xbox, and are downloaded again when you next go back on the game.

I have tried every method i can find to bring back the disable vitachambers option. Using my brothers gold account to install the DLC back. But still nothing has worked. I even deleted all my bioshock saves in the end hoping that might fix it. But nothing seems to work.

Do you have to use a new silver account to do this? Is the reason its not working for me because im using another gold account?

I have tried every method i can find to bring back the disable vitachambers option. Using my brothers gold account to install the DLC back. But still nothing has worked. I even deleted all my bioshock saves in the end hoping that might fix it. But nothing seems to work.

Do you have to use a new silver account to do this? Is the reason its not working for me because im using another gold account?

that wouldn't matter...i did it with a gold account. I even loaded up the last level beat fontaine on easy then switched to hard when I was draining the last eve.

Deleting the cache doesnt harm your xbox in any way. The automatic updates that you are asked to install when loading up a game are removed from your xbox, and are downloaded again when you next go back on the game.

Did it without clearing my cache. It must be a glicth with the DLC.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried every method a few times,but i just couldn´t get it to work. Then i figured it doesn´t work cause i have the english version but i am in germany,so the dlc from the german marketplace is not working with the english game.

Can this be true and if yes is there any way around it? Thanks a lot

• 2 years later...

I had to download the DLC with another profile to actually get the option to show up. Took the other steps too, deleted the DLC, cleared the cache, booted up the game and the option is there now finally.

Kinda odd they make you go this round about way to get the option to unlock but meh

• 4 months later...
I tried a forum search and all I found on "vita chambers fix" was people complaining about not finding the option, so I thought I'd post a way to fix it.

First of all, you're going to need another account with Xbox Live. If you don't have one, you'll have to sign one up. All you have to do is sign in with your other Xbox Live account (the one that you AREN'T going to use for Brass Balls) and download the Bioshock DLC from the Marketplace.

After this, simply sign out and sign in to the account that you ARE trying to get Brass Balls with, and load up Bioshock. You can either load up your current game or start a new one. Now pause the game when you can, and go to Options, and hey presto! The Option has appeared!

On a side note. You do not have to start a new game with the option on. I used this method while outside the final boss room and the option appeared and after beating the final boss, it unlocked. Hope this helps! ;)

Worked very well. Thank you for the help, this is the only site that helped me. I joined this forum site thanks to the help. :)

• 5 weeks later...