Whats up with all the mods?

A couple months ago I got back into this game after a year or so break. For awhile I had no problem with mods/hacks until last night. The match started and for some reason I couldnt sprint, I thought oh well just some stupid kid trying out his new mod menu he got, So I continued to go plant the bomb and when my xp came up it wasnt 100, it was -29999999 if not more nines lol. At first I was like wtf? My rank didnt go down or anything in game so I continued to keep playing until the end of the match and by the end I had about 6 kills and and my score was like -600000000000 and like I said I thought it was just some stupid kid messing around. So after the match ended I backed out and I was level 1 :( to get to level 2 i need about 7 milllion xp. So please im not into modding or hacking whatever you want to call it but if there is a glitch to get me the guns and perks or some way to reset my rank it would be greatly appreciated. btw I filed a complaint and will to anyone from now on who I catch cheating cause after this bullshit this game is about dead to me unless I can fix this. This experience has just about ruined this game for me and its been my favorite fps since its launch. Any info will be appreciated, thank you

We as a site do not condone cheating or modding in any way, and as such will not provide the services you're looking for. I advise you look elsewhere. While I do feel badly for you - this happened to me as well - we can do nothing for you and MS probably won't do anything. Infinity Ward also does not support CoD4 anymore, so these mods will not be removed.

What you were in was a derank lobby - you get negative XP for normal actions. You should've left as soon as you saw the negative numbers.

We as a site do not condone cheating or modding in any way, and as such will not provide the services you're looking for. I advise you look elsewhere. While I do feel badly for you - this happened to me as well - we can do nothing for you and MS probably won't do anything. Infinity Ward also does not support CoD4 anymore, so these mods will not be removed.

What you were in was a derank lobby - you get negative XP for normal actions. You should've left as soon as you saw the negative numbers.

I dont support cheating or modding either but I have seen hundreds of posts on glitches or anything that is wrong with the game and doesnt require tampering or stuff like that so I figured I'd give it a shot. Just sucks cause like I said I really enjoy this game even years later. Thanks for the info though

I know a few years ago they said you could send a message to FourZeroTwo on Xbox LIVE with your previous rank and stats and you would get reset back to where you were. FourZeroTwo no longer works for Activision (formerly IW Community Manager) and so I'm not sure and, kind of doubt, whether or not that would still work. Otherwise your only option is to join an XP lobby and rank back up that way, but you'll have to figure that out yourself and YMMV on what will happen. Some hackers are pretty nice, though, and will probably help you (it happened to me on MW2 once). A lot are not, however.