Frequent Flyer - the MacGyver way

tmthomsen

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I gotta admit that's pretty damn creative. Mine turns off even when I got the two right sticks banded to the side, and one holding down RB and RT and it turned off. Tried leaning something on the B button to see if that would make a difference, but it still turns off after 20 minutes, which is bullshit. Sucks cuz my plug n play charger has a short in it, so it doesn't work anymore.:uzi::eek:

• 1 month later...
You need to use a wired controller. Be careful with the right shoulder button too. Mine came undone so I was only half way to the achieve when I woke up.

I tried using a wired controller and when I woke up, it did not work. The game was still on and the camera was still rotating around Superman (due to the rubber band), but even though the tape was still holding RB, it seems like the fast flying just stopped automatically. I tried this with several controllers just to make sure it wasn't my controller going bad or something.

I think what I'm going to do now is turn on the game, rubber band the joystick, and watch a movie on my laptop or something while I make sure the controller is still doing what it is supposed to be doing. It'll take longer, but at least I'll stop leaving my xbox on overnight for no reason.

EDIT: Okay, turns out that it was the tape. Duh me. I solved it though. I turned off the vibration, rubber banded the left joystick, propped the controller up against a cabinet and propped a bit toy truck on it so RB would be firmly held down. I recommend this, worked like a charm. Use something heavy and useless, like a toy or a bible.

Edited by isw42

• 2 years later...

FYI, you only need to rubberband (or turbo) the RB button. Just make sure Supes' is high enough, and have him fly straight from 1 end of Metropolis to the other. He'll eventually hit an invisible wall, turn around, and start turbo-flying to the other direction.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

All I needed was one rubberband holding down RB, and it worked just fine. I used a wired controller. Not just a bad game design but terrible achievement design too. They didn't even think about it when they made the "10,000 mile" achievement. And this decision was made during the 30 minute lunchbreak they had in the 2 hour development cycle. Then they just shoveled the game out. And this game WAS developed by EA studio, the same studio that has created the Madden and Tiger Woods series. Like somebody wants to hold RB for 8 hours straight AFTER getting 100% completion in the game.

• 2 years later...