has anybody ever reached the level cap legit?

i've played this game since it came out, for PC, PS3, and 360, and i have never been able to reach the level cap. the highest i've been is level 42 or 43 as a warrior class orc. i never did that prison thing, where your levels lower and you level up to gain extra levels. i reached level 80 as on orc in morrowind, though.

I finished the game (got all achievements) @lvl 14. So unless I go back just to dick around, doubt I'd have much patience to level up further. Especially since the game scales up with you, I wouldn't gain much.

Very interested in knowing what the level cap IS though. I Had always assumed it was 40-ish when people maxed out.

It all depends on how you level. If you are intentional about leveling up 10 major skills and minor skills then instantly leveling you can get pretty high. Then you can use the go to jail glitch and re level up. I think the technical ceiling is in the 100s or 200s, but most people never get past 40

It all depends on how you level. If you are intentional about leveling up 10 major skills and minor skills then instantly leveling you can get pretty high. Then you can use the go to jail glitch and re level up. I think the technical ceiling is in the 100s or 200s, but most people never get past 40

that jail glitch is wack though.

I wasnt aware of a level cap either. I know your abilities basically cap at 100 even though the number will rise, the benefits you receive from said stat dont. I imagine its the same with your level and this is what you speak of?

I have played 3 different characters but I never went over level 45 with any of them. I basically got sick of playing the game because I literally tried to go, see, and do everything. I completed Shivering Isles in under 3 hours and didnt do anything extra there. Im not sure how high I would have been if I continued to play normally, but I just dont have another 50 hours to sink into the game.

I always assumed the level cap was more based on getting your major stats maxed than anything, however the most it could possibly be is 255 seeing as I'm certain they would only allow 1 byte for storage of level info and the 8 bits could only hold up to 255 as your level. Similar to the end game of the old pac man... level 255... no one thought there would need to be more...

• 2 weeks later...

I remember hacking a character once when I played it on the computer the max level was either 225 or 255, of course 255 makes more sense since byte storage. but without cheating in theory the max is level 52 (assuming you pick majors that haven't been raised by your race) seeing as with 7 major skills starting at level 25 you only have 525 levels to work with 525/10 = 52.

Actually if you do the math and think about it logically since they used bytes for probably both your level and your skill levels that means that each skill maxes out at 255 and the lowest you can start with is 25 in major skills with seven of them. So 255-25= 230*7 major skill = 1610/10= 161 so the max level in theory is 161. but since only acrobatics and atheletics skills actually continues rising past 100 it's completely pointless to go that high. (aside from the attribute bonus I guess.)

Edited by d0ct0rscarecr0w

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...