Freezing on loading screens?

the real a 0bsolete

This has been happening to me over the last couple days and is really starting to annoy me. what happens is the game loads perfectly fine on start up, but if I die or try to load a save in game, the game always freezes on the loading screen (the loading icon stops spinning, and the xbox guide won't come up if I push the guide button). I am not sure if it my xbox or what.. it isn't the disk though, and IDK what in the world is going on.. Does anyone know?

This happens to me as well (though not when die), its apparently because of one of the online patches. There is a workaround though.

If you start the game offline your able to load saves/replay missions (just going offline midgame doesn't work)

EDIT: and now I'm also suffering from the internet glitch... Very annoying.

Edited by SpinelesS

This is happening to me 9/10 times very frustrating. Does it save when you end a mission or when you quit to dashboard to you loose progress?

When you complete a mission it will save at that point. If you replay a mission, it will make a save prior to starting the mission and then you do the mission, when it completes, it SHOULD save at that point and then reload your campaign game. Its at this point that it locks up on me.

Having said that, I may have found a solution. I have not been playing online but decided to make sure I had the most up to date version in everything. I went online and had to download the Beach Bum Pack and the Capture pack. I then tooled around a bit online and went back to my game. It started saving and loading properly after that. I can even load up a previous save from weeks ago. I'm heading over to R* support site and complete my ticket on the problem.

Also happens after you redo a mission and it tries loading the last save, it'll freeze at the first loading graphic.

Yeah, it's so annoying, I want to get my 70 gold medals, but it's impossible!

This is happening to me 9/10 times very frustrating. Does it save when you end a mission or when you quit to dashboard to you loose progress?

If you were repeating a mission, it doesn't save until it loads again, so if it freezed when loading, you will lose it.

When you complete a mission it will save at that point. If you replay a mission, it will make a save prior to starting the mission and then you do the mission, when it completes, it SHOULD save at that point and then reload your campaign game. Its at this point that it locks up on me.

Having said that, I may have found a solution. I have not been playing online but decided to make sure I had the most up to date version in everything. I went online and had to download the Beach Bum Pack and the Capture pack. I then tooled around a bit online and went back to my game. It started saving and loading properly after that. I can even load up a previous save from weeks ago. I'm heading over to R* support site and complete my ticket on the problem.

I'm going to try deleting cache, and updates and everything, and downloading them again to see if it works... But I already have all the packs installed

Yeah, it's so annoying, I want to get my 70 gold medals, but it's impossible!

If you were repeating a mission, it doesn't save until it loads again, so if it freezed when loading, you will lose it.

I'm going to try deleting cache, and updates and everything, and downloading them again to see if it works... But I already have all the packs installed

That's odd. There is another workaround. Just play offline to work on the medals. It appears to load just fine when I'm not online.

Thanks a bunch for posting this. My screen was locking up every time, but after doing this it's been working perfectly. I did not play online, just downloaded the two updates.

• 6 months later...
This has been happening to me over the last couple days and is really starting to annoy me. what happens is the game loads perfectly fine on start up, but if I die or try to load a save in game, the game always freezes on the loading screen (the loading icon stops spinning, and the xbox guide won't come up if I push the guide button). I am not sure if it my xbox or what.. it isn't the disk though, and IDK what in the world is going on.. Does anyone know?

Got this once & had to complete shutdown xbox console & boot it back up and went Clear Cache in System try that & see if works..

I have also seen few players are now using mods so if you see one player or more doing that its best leave that freemode and join new one or else may freeze the console again..