Halo: Reach DLC Achievement Guide

Xplozion27

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cross Mappin is buggy as hell. I got mine when the reticle was red, 20 seconds after getting a kill that had my reticle grayed out. /shrug

The double kill from the grave is cake on multi team and specificaly on Crazy King. Have had 2 double and 1 triple kill from the grave playing it. Not to mention Crazy King on multi team has to be the most fun I've had in a while playing this game. =)

Breakpoint Invasion can DIAF, that is all. 6 hours of playing the most boring fucking game variant for an oddball GS. /rude Bungie

You are right on cross mapping. I am still unsure about it. I picked this up last night on powerhouse during team slayer. I tried for it on one of the larger maps during invasion slayer but it just did not work.

Is it possible to get Poppin' & Lockin' without getting a Rejection medal?

I'm trying not to ever get a Rejection or Firebird in my multiplayer medal chest and would hate to see an achievement that requires it.

You don't get a rejection medal for not getting splattered. At least, I'm pretty sure you don't. I think it's only for explosions, such as sticky grenades. I've never seen it from just getting shot or whatever, either.

I've never seen it from just getting shot or whatever, either.

I've gotten the medal when attacked by:

Scorpion/Wraith

Fuel Rod

Rockets

If you're hit with something that would otherwise kill you with full shields, you'll get a rejection medal. Splattering may or may not be included in those circumstances, since you usually die given the driver hits you semi-accurately.

The achievements are part of the DLC pack, so you'll need to download it to have access to the achievements. If you're confused you can get the achievements on non-DLC maps, but only if you have the DLC downloaded.

Ok thanks.

I think the source of the confusion was because someone omitted the "but only if you have the DLC downloaded" part.

Is it possible to get Poppin' & Lockin' without getting a Rejection medal?

I'm trying not to ever get a Rejection or Firebird in my multiplayer medal chest and would hate to see an achievement that requires it.

ive got the achievement (and have a few other armor lock vehicle kills as well) and never got rejection

just out of curiosity, why dont you want those medals?

It took days of invasion to get the new map.

For the cross-map, I tried a few different ways like killing from top of the spire. What finally popped was shooting a griefer as he ran into the deep water on paradiso. I'll take it...

gonna let this game collect dust again now that I'm done :D

I just need to get "you ate all the chips" and "you blew it up". During one of my first matches with the DLC playlist I got the "totally worth it" achievement without even remembering that new achievements came with the new maps. I mean, I knew they did but I forgot to look at what they were when I started playing. So I was pretty happy when I realized I got one of the hardest achievements without trying to get it:)

Best way to get Totally Worth It (Double Kill from the grave): Get the plasma launcher on a large BTB map like Boneyard or Hemorrhage. Try to attract the attention of a roving Warthog, or just place yourself in their path. When they're coming right at you, start charging up your plasmas. Let 'em go as soon as you start getting hit and they're close, then just stand there and let them kill you, which should take all of a microsecond if you make no moves to dodge/armor lock/etc.

As long as the driver and gunner don't bail really fast, which they RARELY do, and they weren't going off at a sharp angle, the plasmas should stick, and a moment later, a quadrouple boom and you get your double kill.

A more luck-based way that worked for someone else: watch for a pair of snipers perched somewhere who aren't paying attention to their rears, get in a good firing position, and fire off a rocket at them from a good distance, then suicide with the other rocket. If your shot was true and they didn't move, you got it.

Also, regarding Cross-Mappin', we did some testing with that and determined the distance needed is actually greater than just losing the red reticle. The distance it finally worked at was about from the center ridge on Breakpoint to the ridge where the blue team spawns. So a pretty LONG way. I can't see getting it on a map other than Hemorrhage, Breakpoint, Spire, or Boneyard honestly. Those are the only maps where you can regularly engage people from those distances.

Edited by CaptFrost

I just wanted to point out that getting a double kill from the grave with rockets after committing suicide did NOT get me the achievement. I went to BTB on spire so I could use the rockets to lock onto a falcon then suicide. I had just spawned, ran and grabbed rockets, and did exactly that. I was dead and saw the double kill pop up and the kill from the grave medal. No achievement. So either you can't suicide to do it, or I just got boned.

Whew. Finally got all the achievements today. I guess in order to get You Blew It Up! you have to be lucky to get it this early, as quite a few people don't have the Noble Map Pack yet. And I kept getting angry with myself at the Cross-Mappin' achievment. Is it glitched? I kept playing Big Team Slayer on Hemmorage in the Big Team Battle gametype, and I unlocked it on my seventh try. I was on the side opposite of the large cluster of rocks (the side with the caves) and I was crouching and shooting at a group of four guys that were on that one ledge that's good for sniping(right next to that large rock cluster) and I killed one of them and the achievement finally unlocked. If we don't watch out, Cross-Mappin' could be the next If They Came To Hear Me Beg. Watch 15 new threads pop up complaining that it's glitched, lol.:p

Best way to get Totally Worth It (Double Kill from the grave): Get the plasma launcher on a large BTB map like Boneyard or Hemorrhage. Try to attract the attention of a roving Warthog, or just place yourself in their path. When they're coming right at you, start charging up your plasmas. Let 'em go as soon as you start getting hit and they're close, then just stand there and let them kill you, which should take all of a microsecond if you make no moves to dodge/armor lock/etc.

As long as the driver and gunner don't bail really fast, which they RARELY do, and they weren't going off at a sharp angle, the plasmas should stick, and a moment later, a quadrouple boom and you get your double kill.

A more luck-based way that worked for someone else: watch for a pair of snipers perched somewhere who aren't paying attention to their rears, get in a good firing position, and fire off a rocket at them from a good distance, then suicide with the other rocket. If your shot was true and they didn't move, you got it.

Also, regarding Cross-Mappin', we did some testing with that and determined the distance needed is actually greater than just losing the red reticle. The distance it finally worked at was about from the center ridge on Breakpoint to the ridge where the blue team spawns. So a pretty LONG way. I can't see getting it on a map other than Hemorrhage, Breakpoint, Spire, or Boneyard honestly. Those are the only maps where you can regularly engage people from those distances.

I got my Cross Mappin on Paradiso, was up on the walkpath in the mountains, some guy was shooting me from where the laser spawns. So I backed up pretty far, he just stood there and I killed him, it popped for me. I'm just glad I got it when I did, seems that one is being a pain in the ass. Also got Totally Worth It, lucky on that one, but hey, I got it, whatever lol.

I got my Cross Mappin on Paradiso, was up on the walkpath in the mountains, some guy was shooting me from where the laser spawns. So I backed up pretty far, he just stood there and I killed him, it popped for me. I'm just glad I got it when I did, seems that one is being a pain in the ass. Also got Totally Worth It, lucky on that one, but hey, I got it, whatever lol.

Totally Worth It is pretty much always gunna be luck. I've gotten it several times (maybe 5 total?) and it's almost always been idiots trying to assassinate me as soon as I come out of armor lock (they're all huddled around me, so I just come out and chuck a grenade....then boom! hahahahaha)

But yeah, I got Aggressive Driver yesterday. So happy, it seemed like people were always picking Rocket Race before the DLC came out, then the day it came out I played multi-team 2 or so hours a day and nobody ever picked rocket race. I was like, wtf? But I finally got it, so I don't care and I hope I never play rocket race again.

Okay so, i'm definitely having some problems with this cheevo, there have been at least two instances where i have gotten a clar cross mapping kill in big team battle, one was even on a guy who had left his controller! and both time i supposedly killed him, is this cheevo glitched? or is there more to it? any help would be appreciated thnx