Online Connectivity Issues?

TheRealJustSean

Am I the only one having connectivity issues?

A lot of the time if I try to get to a job it'll tell me it failed to download, and then I'll also have "Saving failed - Unable to connect to the Rockstar game services" come up.

Whenever I load GTA V and its to the point where you can press A for online, it'll always say failed to connect to a session, and it'll load story. from story holding down and then switching to my online character always works.

Also as far as jobs go, it'll tell me I cannot connect or I can't invite a friend..really annoying

Whenever I load GTA V and its to the point where you can press A for online, it'll always say failed to connect to a session, and it'll load story. from story holding down and then switching to my online character always works.

Also as far as jobs go, it'll tell me I cannot connect or I can't invite a friend..really annoying

Typical it's happening on the final weekend of the Independence stuff, with double RP. :/

Me and my mate are able to get to the title screen were you are asked to press A to go to online, but it then just sits at the title screen saying loading and never actually loads GTA: online. It will load the story mode jut fine.

this has started happening to me again....6 times ive had this problem since the Hipster update....

also even when online is working 3/4 of the time when I go to join a quick mission through the phone it takes 5-10 mins to load then when it finally does im on the mission screen all on my own and its like...could this game not find me a job to do in 5 minutes that it had to make me do my own? and even then it doesn't let me invite people so I end up quitting and starting the cycle again lol

ah the glories of GTA Online...cant wait for this buggy mess on next gen and PC :p

this has started happening to me again....6 times ive had this problem since the Hipster update....

also even when online is working 3/4 of the time when I go to join a quick mission through the phone it takes 5-10 mins to load then when it finally does im on the mission screen all on my own and its like...could this game not find me a job to do in 5 minutes that it had to make me do my own? and even then it doesn't let me invite people so I end up quitting and starting the cycle again lol

ah the glories of GTA Online...cant wait for this buggy mess on next gen and PC :p

I thought I saw you pop into a Rooftop Rumble mission lobby I was in today and then you left straight way.

I am not sure if the game is setting you up in a solo lobby. Many times when I look for a random mission it takes a while and then as I enter the lobby the host is just exiting. I think that is what is happening to you. The delay is probably us entering as the host is on their way out. That is also probably why we can't seem to get anyone to join because the game doesn't register us properly as the host.

My theory could be totally wrong though.

I thought I saw you pop into a Rooftop Rumble mission lobby I was in today and then you left straight way.

I am not sure if the game is setting you up in a solo lobby. Many times when I look for a random mission it takes a while and then as I enter the lobby the host is just exiting. I think that is what is happening to you. The delay is probably us entering as the host is on their way out. That is also probably why we can't seem to get anyone to join because the game doesn't register us properly as the host.

My theory could be totally wrong though.

usually I leave straight away when it just looks like ive just been thrown into a lobby on my own and am forced to be host, maybe there is a delay or something so I don't see others in the lobby yet I appear in a lobby? don't really know how or why the online part does that heh

I've had these problems too, for around the last 6 weeks.

When playing alone I go to Quick Job > Join Contact Mission and around 25% of the time it takes ages to Load and either kicks everyone else out and makes me the Host of a different Mission or doesn't connect whatsoever.

I'm currently Rank 303 so I've taken the last 10 days off of GTA Online and gone back to Story Mode in preparation for:

A. Online Heists

B. More Story DLC

C. The release of new Games in September/October

Nothing usually happens in August in terms of new Games or new DLC, so I don't think there will be a special Update in the next few weeks.

Now that you mention it, I have had a few times where I try to join a quick contact mission and as soon as I get into the lobby everyone leaves. I always just figured I had really bad timing. The other problem I had was someone sending out an invite for a mission and then kicking you as soon as you join, very annoying.

yay im now having another issue...lol

the issue now is after say an hour of playing GTA online, whenever I go to enter my garage or join a mission I get stuck in the clouds, so then I dashboard after 5 or so mins of that then GTA online is perma stuck in the clouds even if I try to join via single player 1st until I go and unlink my social club account load GTA online then relink and then everything works for another hour or so then the process repeats...

kinda annoying me now :3

yay im now having another issue...lol

the issue now is after say an hour of playing GTA online, whenever I go to enter my garage or join a mission I get stuck in the clouds, so then I dashboard after 5 or so mins of that then GTA online is perma stuck in the clouds even if I try to join via single player 1st until I go and unlink my social club account load GTA online then relink and then everything works for another hour or so then the process repeats...

kinda annoying me now :3

My first slot character has had that problem for a month or so. If your account is unlinked from the social club its ok. Try unlinking your account then setting your spawn to last known location and make sure that you do not leave your character's location inside your property or garage. Then you can relink to the social club. Although you will probably not be able to enter your property or garage while linked to the social club like me otherwise it will get stuck and you will have to dashboard.

Takes me a while to get on. I'll choose online at the loading screen for it to take ages and then kick me to single player. Load it back up and that takes ages. Join random job and I'm either stuck in the clouds or it doesn't move past launching session. Haven't played gta in a while because of this

When playing alone I go to Quick Job > Join Contact Mission and around 25% of the time it takes ages to Load and either kicks everyone else out and makes me the Host of a different Mission or doesn't connect whatsoever.

In addition to my previous Post above:

There is also a minor issue when double tapping the D-Pad Down to expand the Map and see what players are in the lobby my Characters face is blacked out.

Cars travelling slowly at maximum acceleration - See Thread Here.

Also when I am in a Lobby just about to start a Job I occasionally go to "View Joined Players Info" and my Console freezes completely and I can't even Dashboard.

All of these issues have occurred frequently since the most recent Update.

In addition to my previous Post above:

There is also a minor issue when double tapping the D-Pad Down to expand the Map and see what players are in the lobby my Characters face is blacked out.

Cars travelling slowly at maximum acceleration - See Thread Here.

Also when I am in a Lobby just about to start a Job I occasionally go to "View Joined Players Info" and my Console freezes completely and I can't even Dashboard.

All of these issues have occurred frequently since the most recent Update.

Sounds like they were trying to fix something and they accidentally ruined a few things. Here's hoping there's another update coming to fix things. I used to play Defiance, and they did it there. They were constantly patching things, and it just made things laggy and worse.

I have stopped trying to View Joined Players Info because I KNOW it will freeze completely. At least R* give me a certainty of knowing what not to touch.

• 2 weeks later...
Missions don't work for me, it either times out and puts me in a RR lobby by myself

and when I try to start up the game, it won't load online because it tells me im not connected to xbox live. great update.

I had that, posted on rockstar forums and they told me to clear my cache. Did that and it works fine now

i did post on "THEIR" site. (i.e. mouthoff @ rockstar support rockstargames.com) and was just letting others here know they were not the only ones with connection difficulty.

If you're going to be a bitch about the spelling (which was a typo) then you should have started with a capital I. Was just trying to help bro.