On Games on demand only 6.67GB

Baihu1983

It looks like it was too good to be true. Just a warning, if your thinking about downloading this then wait. I downloaded it yesterday and after completing the traffic desk its telling me i need to download the homicide desk, but there isnt anyway to download it yet. Also apparently the first disk was around the same as the download on games on demand. So either way im going to have to wait to play the rest of the game and it looks like it may well take up the full 21gb to run it. Also a less likely outcome is that microsoft have charged me £25 for part 1 only and are going to charge more for the other disks although even microsoft arent that corrupt surely. Its not just me, i was able to find other ppl complaining on different websites

well im certainly not using the service after this, i rarely use it but it seemed that £25 was pretty fair for a game of this calibre

All games on demand games are a complete rip off. You've just paid £25 for a digital copy and I've just paid £4.98 from gamestation for the game, case and manual.

• 3 weeks later...

Digressing from the original post somewhat, but I generally agree that GoD are not worth the money charged. I always expect a digital copy - without the materials and manufacturing costs etc. to cost significantly less, especially that it holds no resale value. The one exception I have made recently, and I was rather surprised, was Rock Band 3 which retails between £25-30 in most shops, yet was £15 via XBL.

All games on demand games are a complete rip off. You've just paid £25 for a digital copy and I've just paid £4.98 from gamestation for the game, case and manual.

GoD are a rip off, and like yourself, I paid exactly the same amount from same shop. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the price. I can see me ever using that service as them prices are ridiculous.

• 2 months later...

Agree completely. I find it quite amazing how alot of the console digital versions, not just xbox, are vastly overpriced and tend to be close to the RRP. Distrubution and production costs (excluding the actual development) are much less for digital downloads yet it seems currently only PC games seem to get these reductions.

I have never and unless they sort out prices, will never use GoD, not to mention there is something i still like about having a case etc lol

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I bought it on GoD and without knowing or looking it up, it took all of two seconds to discover on my own how to dl the rest of the game. And it was quite fairly priced to boot, not everyone cares about having useless packaging. Gamers complain about everything these days...

edit: this thread is older than I thought....:eek:

Edited by SmarmySmurf

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...