The Endless Setlist 2 Questions - Answers Here

Crimson Ridley

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: I'm going to solo, Expert, BoS the ES:2 this weekend... so my assumption is Bass will be a cakewalk. True/False?

False. This thread is full of posts by folks who thought that and failed at the end.

Practice the last 5 songs to make sure you are ready for them. Also bear in mind that you will hit these songs after playing for nearly 6 hours non-stop. If you can barely pass them now, you will fail at the end of a BoS run.

Edited by TwistedFate

• 4 weeks later...
False. This thread is full of posts by folks who thought that and failed at the end.

Practice the last 5 songs to make sure you are ready for them. Also bear in mind that you will hit these songs after playing for nearly 6 hours non-stop. If you can barely pass them now, you will fail at the end of a BoS run.

I wouldn't say it's false, but, rather, that it's subjective. The easiness is completely dependent on the player. Some people find expert drums easier than expert guitar, bass, and vocals. Expert bass easier than expert drums, guitar, and vocals. You get the idea.

I wouldn't say it's false, but, rather, that it's subjective. The easiness is completely dependent on the player. Some people find expert drums easier than expert guitar, bass, and vocals. Expert bass easier than expert drums, guitar, and vocals. You get the idea.

It's not subjective at all, at least not in the way you mention. He doesn't ask what is easiest. He assumed that Bass was a cakewalk, and it isn't. I'm sure there are a few who blazed through on Bass and said it was easy, but the majority get tripped up at the end when they assume XBass is easy.

Saying Bass is easiest isn't what's false. It's his assumption that it's a cakewalk that is false. For most folks, it's not a cakewalk on Expert for any instrument, regardless of what your preferred weapon is.

Edited by TwistedFate

• 4 weeks later...

About the Bladder of Steel achievement - couldn't I just stay in the stats screen for some time after a song has been completed? Does it have a countdown timer during this set list? Sorry for the stupid question but I've never played RB2 before. :)

How hard is Expert bass in RB2 compared to GH for example? I'm still missing the last 3 songs in GH World Tour on Expert bass for example but haven't had any problems with the songs in GH5 and Band Hero.

About the Bladder of Steel achievement - couldn't I just stay in the stats screen for some time after a song has been completed? Does it have a countdown timer during this set list? Sorry for the stupid question but I've never played RB2 before. :)

No, there is a countdown to the next song, to prevent you from cheating the system. :p

• 3 weeks later...

I plan on doing the Endless Setlist Christmas Eve(Dec. 24th). My wife works that day and I have 8+ hours to do whatever I want. Soooooo, I just need to unlock the setlist. I have 520 stars so I need to get to 900 in the next two weeks in order to unlock it. I'm going for the Bladder of Steel achv also. Playing on hard guitar since I can do almsot every single song on expert. I do not want to fail at the end playing expert! So I'm being safe and gonna knock out the two achievements on hard. Wish me luck!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
I've seen multiple people ask this question in this thread, but nobody has answered...

If multiple people are signed in on one xbox, will they all receive the achievements upon completion of the endless setlist 2?

Yes, they will all receive the achievement for the lowest difficulty being played, not for the difficulty they are playing. example: 4 people are playing, 2 at expert, 1 at hard, and 1 on medium. All 4 receive the achievement for medium only.

Yes, they will all receive the achievement for the lowest difficulty being played, not for the difficulty they are playing. example: 4 people are playing, 2 at expert, 1 at hard, and 1 on medium. All 4 receive the achievement for medium only.

thank you. It'll be me and a friend signed in, both playing expert, with a 3rd dude taking over for us when we need breaks! :woop:

First of all, I'd like to thank Callum and everyone else who has made this thread a great source of info on the ESL2. I've used it extensively for preparing my run.

My story: decided to go for ESL2, Bass, Hard. NOT going for BoS, I don't need the hassle and I'm old, I need arm breaks after 20 or so songs =)

Anyway, I've 4* mostly everything, a few 3*, more than a few 5*. I'm at 82/84, and we all know what that means. I simply cannot pass Visions. Now, I know there's been a million topics on Visions, so I don't want to be "that guy" in my very first post, other than to say neither myself, a decent "hard" player, nor my friend, a very, very good "hard" player can get past 15%. I didn't practice it before I started, which I obviously should have. I haven't failed anything up to this point, not even close, save for a hairy spot in Battery.

In any case, while I search my friends list for someone who can come over and give me a hand, a thought occured to me. And it's a question that I haven't seen answered in this thread, but I apologise if I missed it. Can I ADD a band member at this point? More to the point, can I CHANGE my instrument? I see that I'm given the option of "Changing Band Members", which when selected tells me: "Abandon Gig? You will lose 3,000 fans". I'm afraid to choose yes, because I don't know if it's going to abandon that particular song or the whole ESL2. If I select yes, I assume it will take me back to the character select screen, wherein I can then add a band member, or sign out of my guitar controller/XBL, plug in a mic, sign in on the Xbox controller, and be a vocalist. Will I go back to Visions then or back to the beginning of the ESL2? If so, I imagine I'd get the gold medal as a vocalist, assuming I stay on vocals through Painkiller? Can I switch back to bass after Visions to get the gold for stringed instruments?

This is also pertinent in another way: perhaps I could add a friend as a vocalist (easy-peasy on hard) and another friend on drums (he's a kick-ass drummer on hard) and have them drag me through the song on bass kicking and screaming with Overdrive saves.

Anyways, TL;DR version: can I change band members in the middle of the ESL2 without having to restart, and if so how does that interact with the medals I would be awarded?

Anyways, TL;DR version: can I change band members in the middle of the ESL2 without having to restart, and if so how does that interact with the medals I would be awarded?

Quitting ends the setlist. So if you quit and then re-join, you will be at Eye Of The Tiger, and will have wasted 6 hours.

So I hope you didn't quit in the past two hours.

What Mad World said, but to elaborate.

Assuming you haven't quit out of frustration yet, you have 2 options. 1) Quit and play through on Medium or change instruments. 2) keep trying Visions over and over, pausing when you get tired/frustrated until you get it.

If you think it will take more than 6 hours to pass Visions you are better off quitting and trying again.

Some folks say the Guitar part for Visions is actually easier than Bass, but unfortunately the other songs are not that way.

As an older player myself, I don't recommend doing ES2 on Drums. I did it and got BoS at the same time, so when I don't recommend it, it's from my experiences not guesswork. If you don't have the endurance built up, it can be brutal on the joints.

IMHO, it is easier to do ES2 on vocals, but 6 hours on vocals is murder on the voice if you aren't a singer with some training on how to do it without straining it. If you can sing an hour or two and pause for a bit then come back later to do a bit more, repeating as necessary, you can get it done fairly easily.

Edited by TwistedFate

Yep, just what you two said. I got sick of trying last night so I tried to change instruments, progress lost, back at Eye of the Tiger.

Oh well. I know I'd never be able to bear Visions at that level, I'm simply not fast enough. I'll just have to settle for Vinyl on stringed instruments when I start again. J

Hopefully I can get Gold with vocals (I simply don't have the range to do Platinum, at least not six-plus hours with).

I was more laughing than frustrated at Visions; can't get too mad at a game. My friend and I just felt so pathetic that we could do everything else (afterwards I tried Painkiller and that Dream Theatre song on hard bass; 5* and 4* respectively, first try) but fail so miserably at Visions. I do wish I had gotten to keep my fans, money, and stars earned through 81/84 songs, but I guess there's no points for failure in this world.

One thing I hope Harmonix has heard (again not to bitch about Visions like everyone else) from the Visions issue is that we don't so much mind the genre of death metal; to each their own, and I have no problem with variety even though it isn't personally my thing. The issue is the dramatic scaling of difficulty between it and every other song on the setlist. Consistency, please, for RB3 =)

Thanks all. Off to working on Gold in Beatles. Only three more achievements.

• 1 month later...

Dude. I am so psyched right now just from reading from this thread... I have about 400+ stars in tour mode.. so it'll be a weekend or so until I do my first ES2 run with expert vocals. I'm going for all 4 Achievements on this one when I do.

Congrats to all who've done BoS and gone platinum so far.

Edit:

Did it from 2:30pm, February 26, 2010 to 8:45ish on expert vocals.

Not gonna lie; it's not an easy set of 4 achievements. I almost failed on two songs I'm not too familiar with the vocals on. Around song 52 of 84 I started feeling like I needed to use the bathroom... by song 66 I desperately needed to go... and you'll all either laugh at me or appreciate this... I had an empty gallon jug nearby and went while singing #69- Carry on Wayward Son by Kansas. :/ lol.

I would have a sip or two of water between songs to wet my palette.

Body functions aside... I ended the setlist singing Painkiller (of course) and afterwards breathed a gigantic sigh of relief that it was over. Totals were:

Gold Stars- 41 songs

5 Stars- 36 songs

4 Stars- 7 songs

Some of the 4 star songs were:

Alive- Pearl Jam

Spoonman- SoundGarden

Tangled Up in Blue- Bob Dylan

Uncontrollable Urge- Devo

I've 5-starred three of them at one time or another so I can't remember or keep track of them.

Good luck to anyone attempting ES2!

Edited by KaelBrawn
Did it.

• 1 month later...

Finally did my 'Bladder of Steel' last night after 9-months of putting it off. Due to me taking some leave from work I finally had some spare time and did it on Drums > Medium.

I usually play on Expert Drums but wanted to make it as easy as possible.

I cant believe how long it took and also how paranoid I was of the game freezing or just stopping for some reason. To make sure I didn't need to go to the bathroom I didnt drink or eat anything and just sat there and played.

I started at 3:43pm and finished at 9:59pm.

By the time I finished all of my body was aching - it is one tough achievement.

I nearly failed on the Painkiller aswell - so glad it's finally out the way and I have my full 1K. :)

Me and my girlfriend played the ES2 on Expert Guitar and Hard Bass respectively (she didn't fancy Panic Attack and Visions on Expert Bass). We were doing fine pretty much, we were intending to get Vinyl/Gold Artist achievements aswell as BoS.

Then we got to Visions....obviously we knew the song was going to cause hiccups but to fail the song literally after the last note on the Expert Guitar (after my Bassist failed out) takes the biscuit. Had we stayed in the song 2 seconds more, we would have passed the song :mad:

Something that didn't help was the fact that I had to play Expert Guitar charts at Hard difficulty scrolling speed. It made Visions look a mess along with other hard songs with sweeping solos. If I was aware of this, I would have played on Hard also.

I never liked Visions from the beginning, the song sounds god awful but now I hate it ever so more.:uzi:

Sat down this morning to do my first endless setlist 2 run, wanted to get BOS out of the way so decided to play on guitar medium to make it easy. I decided to use my Xplorer controller because it's a wired guitar. All was going well until song 53 when all of a sudden the controller decided that it wanted strumming down!! I failed out in about 20 seconds from over strumming with the constant down strumming!!! F$%K!!!!! Couldn't believe it! Not sure when i'll have the time to do this again, but it is going to be a little while before i'm going to want to!! lol Couldn't believe it! That controller is going into the trash!!!

:uzi: Xplorer

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I wanna make the ES2 tomorrow on Expert without pausing/failing.

Do you think I could make it? I can finish every song on Expert guitar every time, but I don't know how it would look like, after playing for so long...

Anyone who can say something about how their fingers felt after quite a time?

Anyone who can say something about how their fingers felt after quite a time?

I've never done the ES2 on expert guitar, but I have played for extended periods of time, and my fingers usually get cold, and my arms a little sore. I would definitely play for a few hours tonight, non-stop, and then try your luck on the hardest songs. Visions is the typical wall for most guitarists and bassists aiming for the BOS, so especially watch out for that one, as well as your typical problematic songs, if you have any. Good luck.

I tried the hardest songs in a row today and it was pretty okay.

Visions

Pain Killer

Master Exploder

Battery

I think if I use the overdrive at the right moment it should be no problem!

I'll post tomorrow if I made it or not.