Chaudown Bugged.

I'm holding off playing this game till this problem is rectified as I don't fancy re-doing all that work when it bugs on me. My question is simple. Has anyone thought to get in touch with the programmers / developers of the game? It's a longshot but it has worked sometimes to help get things done. If they are not aware of a problem, there will never be a fix.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm holding off playing this game till this problem is rectified as I don't fancy re-doing all that work when it bugs on me. My question is simple. Has anyone thought to get in touch with the programmers / developers of the game? It's a longshot but it has worked sometimes to help get things done. If they are not aware of a problem, there will never be a fix.

Gamechamp: those of us having this problem have been saving our updates back to the map. In my case - the 15 times or so I've tried this - I call the strikers, then go back to the main menu so that the save happens (see the little piggy bank icon appear). I'm sure that's what everyone else is doing too. There's enough internet posts out there to spell out all conditions needed to unlock the achievement (including spelling out that you have to save your game so that it remembers that you used those strikers already).

Heroic Fortune, NickDynmo: I'm in the same boat as you. I ended up coming to X360 Achievements to get the details on this cheevey because I was trying to figure out if mine was glitched.

ponypo2001: I have to support your decision to hold off on buying the game. I wish I had done some research before I bought the game so I wouldn't have automatically supported a shoddy product (but I thought the movie was fun so..shame on me). It's an Ubisoft game, and Ubisoft is known for their poor QC and lack of support for patching games. I myself registered on the Ubisoft forums to mention that it was glitched, and there are over 1000 people there who read the "this game is broke" post, but not many people actually posted there. I also tried to open an online support request and their "tech support" email system is garbage.

The only thing that I can think of is that we try to get the word out to all of the people at X360 Achievements to try to contact Ubisoft and tell them how broken this game is. Does anyone have any professional or personal contacts with Ubisoft development? I can try to look up their phone support numbers. Anyone with me to try to make this happen?

Edited by shisio
correct typos

ok, got another question about this achievement.

Has anyone played, got the achievement glitched, then deleted the game from your memory and redownload and do it again to get the achievement? I tried deleting my profile from my xbox and then gaining it again but it didn't help. I am just wondering if anyone got it by deleting the game and they tried to get it again. I'm almost willing to do that, it'll just take a whole day is all.

Just unlocked it now with no issue. Played through as Scott, unlocking and using all three Strikers before beating the game.

Then used each of the other characters' strikers before beating the game with them.

Then used the 5th character's striker and it popped immediately.

So, what are you telling us? Your achievement was bugged and now it stopped being bugged, or you're just reporting in that yours wasn't bugged..? If the latter, then congratulations.

I think, though I can't be sure that many/most of the people having problems with the achievement glitching beat the game before calling their strikers.

Something like this - apologies for the post but it doesn't honor HTML tags

Character | Striker used | Game beaten | Mr Chau unlocked | Beat game w/o Mr & Mrs Chau used

Scott yes yes yes yes

Ramona yes yes yes no

Stills yes yes yes yes

Kim no yes yes no

If any combination of colums 3, 4, 5 has a yes in it then the achievement just may never appear. If the money transfer trick worked for me, then I would be tempted to test this theory a bit on a console gamertag to see what happens, but there's something not quite clear about how it handles a multiplayer save.

However, there is one possibility for us, Heroic Fortune and others; once the code to unlock the 6th character is entered, then there is effectively one more character with a striker to use. Perhaps using this character will unglitch the glitch. I guess we'll find out in November.

Don't know if it will help, but here is how i got the achievement :

1. I Almost always played with the magical sword the whole time
  2. Finished with Scott (easy)
  3. Finished with Scott again to get the master achievement (hardest)
  4. Playing with Ramona, and Mr Chau appeared on the Bus Level => Killed him, but it didn't display the "Chau" unlocked message. When he appeared, i was on the 5th level.
  5. Finished with Ramona.
  6. Played again a bit with Romana to get money to trade, Chau appeared on the Parking level, killed him, got the message. When he appeared, i was on the Tengu level.
  7. Finished with Kim
  8. Finished with Stills
  9. => Got NegaScott
  10. Played NegaScott 1st level, making his strikers move.
  11. Still no achievement. (???)

11. Then, and here is the important part, i played again each character to make the striker move.

My Ramona had Chau so i did the Chau striker (appears randomly, but often), then i did her normal Striker and... still nothing. I thought it wasn't possible, so i did some strikers move again and i had another one i didn't see before. Achievement unlocked.

Now i can play Halo Reach, just in time ^^

I've read a solution that someone claims to have worked (they had it glitched but unlocked it later). I will test it and see and report back. It'll probably take a while because I won't use any cheats just in case and I have college work. It may take until Sunday for me to finish it.

I'll keep my fingers crossed then... :)

Got it yesterday without any trouble.

I beat the game on easy with Scott first, failing at least 3 times against Mr Chau. I then completed only the boss fights on master and startetd working on the other characters. Only had Mr. Chau sow up one time with Still and beat him. Got Mrs. Chau to show up even before Mr. Chau. Finished with every character without using any cheats and just upgrading stats to 100.

Make sure every striker hits and enemy beside Ramona, which just gives you health. After I unlocked NegaScott, I hit the first enemy with his striker and plop.

I really feel sorry for you guys :/

I can confirm that Mr. Chau will appear on Supreme Master difficulty on a 1rst run with Ramona or Scott. I have only beaten the game with these two characters, and I believe you only get one chance per playthrough. I failed with Scott and Mr. Chau beat my asterix. With Ramona, I started the game using Power of Love and Blood enabled on Supreme Master. After defeating the Twin Dragons, Mr. Chau appeared on the world map and I tore him apart with the P.O.L.

Hope this helps. If you've gone through it with every character, was it on anything else other than Supreme Master? did you beat it on easy, then go back and fight only bosses? When I lost to Mr. Chau with Scott, I had done this also. I beat the game with Scott on easy, maxed out stats, then went back through it bosses only on Supreme Master. Again, he appeared after the Twin Dragons but on a different map location than with Ramona. Let me know if anyone else can confirm this, so we can get this achievement pinpointed. I also had full health with Ramona when he appeared and I whooped him good.

My method above definitely worked for me! I just unlocked NegaScott, played the first level, hit lb and it unlocked right away! So just to follow up:

1. I beat the game with Scott on easy, no cheats, no mr. chau.

2. I beat the game with Scott on level 16 Supreme Master difficulty, no cheats, bosses only-after twin dragons mr chau whooped my butt, used main striker

3. I beat the game with Ramona on Supreme Master, P.O.L. cheat (press start screen push x,x,x,a,b,a,y,y) Mr. Chau appeared again after twin dragons, I won n unlocked him finally, used ramona main striker, then mr and ms chau strikers all in one level

4. Beat the game with Stills on easy, P.O.L. cheat, used main striker once

5. Beat the game with Kim on easy, P.O.L. cheat, used main striker once

6. Started 1st level with NegaScott on easy, used main striker, achievement unlocked!

This method should work for everyone! Just make sure that if you've already completed the game, just use every character once more, go into a level, use their striker once, pause, return to map!, then exit and choose another character. Make sure you use all 5 characters' strikers (including mr. and ms. chau with the character you defeated mr. chau with-if that makes sense) and you will get this!

My method above definitely worked for me! I just unlocked NegaScott, played the first level, hit lb and it unlocked right away! So just to follow up:

1. I beat the game with Scott on easy, no cheats, no mr. chau.

2. I beat the game with Scott on level 16 Supreme Master difficulty, no cheats, bosses only-after twin dragons mr chau whooped my butt, used main striker

3. I beat the game with Ramona on Supreme Master, P.O.L. cheat (press start screen push x,x,x,a,b,a,y,y) Mr. Chau appeared again after twin dragons, I won n unlocked him finally, used ramona main striker, then mr and ms chau strikers all in one level

4. Beat the game with Stills on easy, P.O.L. cheat, used main striker once

5. Beat the game with Kim on easy, P.O.L. cheat, used main striker once

6. Started 1st level with NegaScott on easy, used main striker, achievement unlocked!

This method should work for everyone! Just make sure that if you've already completed the game, just use every character once more, go into a level, use their striker once, pause, return to map!, then exit and choose another character. Make sure you use all 5 characters' strikers (including mr. and ms. chau with the character you defeated mr. chau with-if that makes sense) and you will get this!

But the thing is that not everyone is having it unlocked, some glitch occurs to where you can't get it. Us who don't have it know what we're talking about and we have tried various methods.

• 3 months later...

I'm yet another one who has been cursed with the Chaudown glitch >.<

I've done/tried the following:

* Maxed out the stats of all characters

* Completed the game with all characters

* Unlocked Nega Scott

* Defeated Mr Chau with Ramona (he doesn't appear on the map for other characters :S)

* Summoned Mr & Mrs Chau

* Dealt damage with Scott, Kim, Stills and Nega Scott's striker (including Mr Chau)

* Tried on all 3 game difficulties

* Used default clothing for all characters

* Tried with and without active cheats (Power Of Love Sword, Blood Mode off etc. etc.)

I can't think of anything else to do :S

I really don't want to have to delete and install the game again - cause I don't want to have to level up all the characters again!! I'm sure you understand that one :p

Any tips? :) x

• 2 weeks later...

I just unlocked Chaudown, a few minutes after I unlocked NegaScott. I started a new game with him and after a few seconds I call NegaKnives and I can confirm that the stricker does NOT have to hit anyone. And I also can confirm that you don't need to unlock MR.CHAU with every character, just one. Scott will do just fine.

I hade no problem unlocking this achievement.

Edited by RonanN1

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm 100% that you don't have to call Mr. and Mrs. Chau with every characters, only with one (any character who has Mr. Chau unlocked, i.e I unlocked him with Scott and Kim and called him with both characters once during my second playthrough). I called Knives with all the 4 characters (Scott, Ramona, Kim and Stills) and of course I called Nega Knives now with Nega Scott and the achievement unlocked. I didn't even unlocked Mr. Chau with the other characters, only with Scott and Kim.

So, you have to call them once.

• 5 months later...

I beat the game with Scott, Ramona, Stills, Kim, Knives and Nega-Scott.

I used all of the default call strikers as well as Mr Chau and Ms Chau for everyone.

I still only have 220/250 gamerscore for this game... Why? Is there some kind of fix that doesn't involve me having to erase the memory and start over again?

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...