Ultimate Battler Achievement

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have some strats besides the BnB ones in here! Keep in mind I'm an avid player and main killer frost

Using killer frost in the max was the only way I could do it, hawkgirl worked but I didn't have the patience to keep losing because I don't know how to do anything but spam and doomsday... Don't even get me started. I can't even get past the first fight with him, even using the strats in this thread. I used KF and her slide is ridiculous. If you connect a slide, use up a, yy back forward x. Then just keep sliding, or go for a jump in a then slide if you know you can. The trick is KNOWING how the AI will read your input. For example, the final fight in my battle was lobo, I hit him with one interactable then slid the ENTIRE GAME because he read my inputs and jumped over me for 90 seconds, causing me to win by time out. Again, this is not a foolproof method and requires some knowledge of KF but if these other methods aren't working for you I'd say give it a shot. Just make sure you don't throw out random ice spikes cause they're not safe on block and if you get harley, grundy, or batman, QUIT because they are impossible. Harley's tantrum and batman's slide have priority over KF's slide and grundy armors through it to grab you. I just finished battle mode using KF and am seriously so glad it's done! Good luck guys :)

Here is my video for Tips and Tricks concerning Impossible!. I will post my full run but I have to commentate it yet and then compile and upload it which both take a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwXW0QLgl58

I notice you used the charge special move (:ddown::dright::abut:) a lot more then I do. Is it a wake up attack and when do you like to use it?

Maybe I'll try the :abut::abut: combo more. I was always using :xbut::ybut::abut: but I seem to be getting killed by fight number 9 or 10.

Alright I fixed the audio in the last video so here is the new one with adjusted sound.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

@HabsCen10ial I only use that move early on in fights because while it is relatively safe you don't want to use anything that could get you hit into any kind of damage so I only use it when they have a sliver of health because the chip damage will even kill them then.

I will be posting my complete run with commentary soon, it took a while to fix the audio and upload the first one so I am now working on adding the full run.

The combo I ended up using in later fights a whole lot was :xbut: :xbut: :ybut: because it is super fast, safe on block, and the last hit like I mentioned in the first video deals significant chip damage on block.

I will be posting my complete run with commentary soon, it took a while to fix the audio and upload the first one so I am now working on adding the full run.

The combo I ended up using in later fights a whole lot was :xbut: :xbut: :ybut: because it is super fast, safe on block, and the last hit like I mentioned in the first video deals significant chip damage on block.

Will this be obsolete tomorrow with the Doomsday nerf?

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/may/20/injustice-gods-among-us-v103-official-patch-notes-general-fixes-and-character-balance-improvements/

• Doomsday’s Hunter (1,1,2) combo no longer inflicts full damage while the opponent is blocking.

Will this be obsolete tomorrow with the Doomsday nerf?

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/may/20/injustice-gods-among-us-v103-official-patch-notes-general-fixes-and-character-balance-improvements/

• Doomsday’s Hunter (1,1,2) combo no longer inflicts full damage while the opponent is blocking.

The chip damage will be obsolete yes. But it is still a super safe move on block and keeps the enemy in cross up distance when you get to higher levels and since they aren't nerfing his splash :ddown: :abut: you can still use it to mess with the AI when you get to higher numbered opponents.

The chip damage will be obsolete yes. But it is still a super safe move on block and keeps the enemy in cross up distance when you get to higher levels and since they aren't nerfing his splash :ddown: :abut: you can still use it to mess with the AI when you get to higher numbered opponents.

That is very true. Do you have any tips for The Max? Or do you plan on doing a video for that too?

That is very true. Do you have any tips for The Max? Or do you plan on doing a video for that too?

Unfortunately I didn't record my The Max run but if its requested enough I could make a video on dealing with specific matchups using the Hawkgirl method as thats the one that I learned and did The Max with.

Basically, Batgirl is glitched to where her bolas (Back Forward :xbut:) doesn't take any meter when you meter burn it. So this allows you to constantly do it. After you bola, you whiff :xbut: which resets the combo allowing for an infinite. After you whiff the :xbut: you meter burn the bolas which launches them at you. Then you can either uppercut then cancel into another bolas and repeat or Back+:abut: then shot another bola and repeat.

It takes some high execution, I've been in training mode for about a half hour and I can barely do four reps.

Basically, Batgirl is glitched to where her bolas (Back Forward :xbut:) doesn't take any meter when you meter burn it. So this allows you to constantly do it. After you bola, you whiff :xbut: which resets the combo allowing for an infinite. After you whiff the :xbut: you meter burn the bolas which launches them at you. Then you can either uppercut then cancel into another bolas and repeat or Back+:abut: then shot another bola and repeat.

It takes some high execution, I've been in training mode for about a half hour and I can barely do four reps.

Hmm, I feel as though by the time I get good with that combo they could already patch it. I was considering getting her maybe, but now it's the thought of, "$5 for Ultimate Battler..." Decisions, decisions!

Coming from Marvel vs. Capcom, this combo is piss easy for me to do. >_>

It's worth learning for Batgirl players too, because it resets the combo for some reason which means it doesn't scale the damage hard. You do it like 4-5 times and that's one lifebar gone. I expect it will be hotfixed.

So what do you think? Spend $5 on her and she'll help me beat The Max and Impossible?

I don't know man, there no guarantee that you will master the combo before it is patched.

I just tried the Max doing it, and it is really hard to set up it. If you whiff, the computer punishes you hard.

Edited by Ctrl Alt Defeat

I don't know man, there no guarantee that you will master the combo before it is patched.

I just tried the Max doing it, and it is really hard to set up it. If you whiff, the computer punishes you hard.

Hmm, I might play it safe with Hawkgirl & Doomsday then as I'm still hesitant on buying her anyways. We'll see what happens, I haven't even touched Injustice in two weeks so who knows!

I also play UMvC3 but it took me a while to nail the bola cancel.

The hardest thing imo is keeping it going because the timing on the b3 will require a little delay/charge as you get the opponent closer.

So what do you think? Spend $5 on her and she'll help me beat The Max and Impossible?

Probably not worth getting if it's just to try those battles. You still have to land hits to lead into it, and it's not easy against max difficulty CPUs.

Infinite has been hot fixed.

I got pretty far with Hawkgirl today in the Max. Opponent 5. LOL.

I always end up getting Cyborg, who spams Nova Blaster, or Wonder Woman who lassos me, and throws her tiara at me.

Wow that was quick!

And at least you beat me -__- I can't get past Fight 4 AT ALL, and I can't get past Fight 12-15 in Impossible! without dipping low into my second life bar before I just quit out.