The Skyrim Glitch Thread (Discuss All Glitches Here!)

Method

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anybody else noticed their dragons not giving souls?...

I've had this happen numerous times pre 1.3 patch. Now I've been making sure to save before dragon fights and if I don't absorb a soul I reload a save. At first I though it was normal but then I hated not absorbing dragons souls so I always reload a save.

So I already did the entire thieves guild questline, im a nightingale, guild master, etc. I randomly found another Calcemo Stone Rubbing in a random cave so I picked it up. Now I can go through the entire nightingale, kill mercer frey crap all over again. Anyone know if i can just go through it all again to get rid of it or what?

So I already did the entire thieves guild questline, im a nightingale, guild master, etc. I randomly found another Calcemo Stone Rubbing in a random cave so I picked it up. Now I can go through the entire nightingale, kill mercer frey crap all over again. Anyone know if i can just go through it all again to get rid of it or what?

Something similar happened to me to. When I went into the dwemer museum the quest started again. It only repeated this one quest but I got a second nightingale blade.

Got a new one today, unable to finish the jarl's quests in riften, so can't become a thane or purchase the house. Last quest needed is to stop the skooma trade, did the 1st part, got given a location to stop the skooma trade, a cave (Cragskall (sp)), which I had been directed to earlier in game and was therefore cleared. quest marker led me straight to the cave but upon entering, no quest markers, all bad guys cleared out but quest doesn't update, so glitched.

FeeFye

This happens if you kill someone at the cave before you start the quest. to fix it Kill everyone inside and out of the cave (on the off chance that you just missed someone), If that doesn't work, fast travel away, and then Wait 24 hours a bunch of times to get the place to respawn, and kill em all again.

Is it just me or are sounds being played late since the 1.3 patch? (eg when you locate a place, or kill an animal)

Edited by SpinelesS

I was doing the job for changing the books in Solitude Stables. Got in, changed the numbers, and got out. The quest log said "I forged false numbers..." and all that. When I went to turn the job in, though, the guy yells at me for "getting pinched" and the quest fails. The quest log then says that I got busted and went to jail. That never happened, though. The quest log literally changed in seconds.

When I reloaded and tried again, I checked after each load (the last time I checked was right before talking to him). The log shows that I forged the numbers, but then he still yelled about getting pinched and it still failed.

I did the job yet a third time, as I thought maybe it was because I did it during the day (although no one saw me do it). I reloaded a save, waited until 2am, broke in, changed the numbers, and left. All of this was totally unseen by anyone, and the log said I forged the numbers. I returned to the guy and he yet again yelled at me for getting put in jail.

This happen to anyone else, or did I screw something up?

Edited by DragonusDarque

While in Volunruud seeking out a character as part of the "Brotherhood of Darkness" quests, I decided to explore the place for a word of power. I did find a place to receive one but it did not activate. When I approached it I faintly heard the "shouts" as you normally get but also a loud sizzling sound. The screen did not go dark nor did a word light up on the wall and I have gotten nothing, just a loud sizzling noise....

Anyone else experience this??

well i have only had one glitch so far....

when i first started the game... right after the first credits...

instead of being in the cart and the story beginning i was standing out of the cart and looking at a shovel on the side of the cart.... i turned around and there were 5 people just standing there looking at me.... i hit A but it just said "your hands are bound"... i wish i took a picture!!!.. there was a horse standing to my right not attached to the cart.... i could not walk anywhere... since it was my first time playing i thought this was part of the story and i had to figure out a way to get away... but after 20 minutes of standing there was nothing i could do but spin around and look at the scenery... the people would just stand there looking at me.... i just restarted the game and then i was now sitting in the cart going down the road.... and the story began as it should have....

well i have only had one glitch so far....

when i first started the game... right after the first credits...

instead of being in the cart and the story beginning i was standing out of the cart and looking at a shovel on the side of the cart.... i turned around and there were 5 people just standing there looking at me.... i hit A but it just said "your hands are bound"... i wish i took a picture!!!.. there was a horse standing to my right not attached to the cart.... i could not walk anywhere... since it was my first time playing i thought this was part of the story and i had to figure out a way to get away... but after 20 minutes of standing there was nothing i could do but spin around and look at the scenery... the people would just stand there looking at me.... i just restarted the game and then i was now sitting in the cart going down the road.... and the story began as it should have....

Same thing happened to me when I started my first game...

Everytime i try and hire help or get the lady to follow me in whiterun they both say i already have someone following me but i don't their is nothing following me any help would be appreciated :)

This happens if you have started a quest where someone is waiting for you. Finish the quest and then you can have followers again.

I was doing the job for changing the books in Solitude Stables. Got in, changed the numbers, and got out. The quest log said "I forged false numbers..." and all that. When I went to turn the job in, though, the guy yells at me for "getting pinched" and the quest fails. The quest log then says that I got busted and went to jail. That never happened, though. The quest log literally changed in seconds.

When I reloaded and tried again, I checked after each load (the last time I checked was right before talking to him). The log shows that I forged the numbers, but then he still yelled about getting pinched and it still failed.

I did the job yet a third time, as I thought maybe it was because I did it during the day (although no one saw me do it). I reloaded a save, waited until 2am, broke in, changed the numbers, and left. All of this was totally unseen by anyone, and the log said I forged the numbers. I returned to the guy and he yet again yelled at me for getting put in jail.

This happen to anyone else, or did I screw something up?

when you get caught commiting crimes, you get a bounty... maybe you already have a bounty for something else and the quest is failing because of it?

You can check to see if you have a bounty by clicking start and then going to general stats, then crime.

At the very top of the list it will name a location (eg. solitude bounty) if you have one.

If you do have one, pay off your bounty and try again.

MINOR DEADRIC QUEST SPOILERS!

Boethiah's Calling did not activate when I read the designated book (obtained from an NPC that attacked me, as I later read is supposed to happen). When I started finishing up any Deadric quests I hadn't done yet, I traveled to the shrine from Windhelm. Nothing activates. I search the whole place, turns out there's not a single cult member there, just burned corpses. No sarcrificial blade to be found, no way to talk to Boethiah. Loaded a previous save, did some other quests first, still that entire cult seemed to be missing from my game entirely. Luckily I was very careful with Oblivion Walker and didn't defy any of the Deadra when possible; the glitch in Hircine's quests that allows you to obtain both the Ring and Hide saved me, if I had done that one sooner I might not have read about it yet. Extremely relieved when the achievement actually popped when I finished Mora's quest and picked up the Infinium.

Still, of course I'd actually like to do all of the Deadric Quests and obtain all artifacts. I've searched for this and there doesn't seem to be much on it, not my specific problem at least. No idea what may have caused the cult to vanish, if anyone knows how to initiate the quest otherwise that would be very helpful.

I'm having an issue in Skyrim, where I try to find Maramal and he is literally no where to be found. He's NOT in the Bee&TheBarb and he is NOT in the Temple, I've checked both places serveral times and even waited long periods of time to see if he will pop up somewhere.

When I do check the map for the Marriage Quest (Which I recieved a while back) The marker is showing OUTSIDE of Riften near a lake. When I go there, the marker tells me to go back INTO the city and again, Maramal is no where.

I'm pretty confused and am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if so, if it's a lost cause or a way to fix this.