Tank question?

Sqeagy

I make sure when I see some dude going around blowing everyone up with a tank, that I run my super car into him 4 or 5 times so hopefully he goes to bad sports lobby. Maybe a bit harsh but if he going to be a troll then i make sure to punish him lol. Plus he has to pay a ton of money each time he blows me up. I did this to a few dudes this weekend, and after they had blown my car up 5 or 6 times, I messaged them and told them that I hope they enjoy the bad sports lobby and using all their money paying for my insurance. Which of course made them stop blowing up random people and they proceded to send me angry messages. Still I do not see a point to having a tank even in gta online? It's like rockstar is giving you a weapon of mass destruction and expecting you not to use it (why I won't waste my money on it). Only reason I could see for a legitimate reason to own a tank is for missions. Other then that, I think people just buy it to troll.

Do you need the heavy sniper for that to work ?

Just tried again with the normal sniper and you can still kill them with a a normal sniper as long as you are at least a quarter of a mile away.

Another way to get them out of a tank is send a mugger after them. If they are stopped they pull them out of there tank and drive off in it

One of my friends left a game one day and he was in his car as this happened. I was in a tank and the NPC he took control of my friends car drove straight into the back of my tank at speed and blew himself up and I got a warning for being a bad sport!

I make sure when I see some dude going around blowing everyone up with a tank, that I run my super car into him 4 or 5 times so hopefully he goes to bad sports lobby. Maybe a bit harsh but if he going to be a troll then i make sure to punish him lol. Plus he has to pay a ton of money each time he blows me up. I did this to a few dudes this weekend, and after they had blown my car up 5 or 6 times, I messaged them and told them that I hope they enjoy the bad sports lobby and using all their money paying for my insurance. Which of course made them stop blowing up random people and they proceded to send me angry messages. Still I do not see a point to having a tank even in gta online? It's like rockstar is giving you a weapon of mass destruction and expecting you not to use it (why I won't waste my money on it). Only reason I could see for a legitimate reason to own a tank is for missions. Other then that, I think people just buy it to troll.

The bottom sentences are spot on. The military vehicles are mainly designed for missions and with many other things in the game, using them in free mode is a risk with consequences. I'm all for this since it's a legit way to put them in the kiddy pool as well as cost them some $$.

I need to unlock the Heavy Sniper, and try all the anti-tank tips I've seen around ("From a distance, aim for the opening on the front under the entry hatch, when the bar shows up shoot and it should kill them.")! :p

The heavy sniper is almost exactly the same as the regular one dude. I'm extremely disapointed with it.

It maybe does about 5% more damage if that, but other than that there is no difference. Apart from the fact that you can't fit a silencer.

One of my friends left a game one day and he was in his car as this happened. I was in a tank and the NPC he took control of my friends car drove straight into the back of my tank at speed and blew himself up and I got a warning for being a bad sport!

As of the patch yesterday that coincided with Beach Bum, this tactic has been removed.

It is a marketing ploy. GTA is known for rampages and Rockstar wants to make money from microtransactions. They hope that if one guy is killing people with a tank, others will guy buy one to fight. Since they are expensive, they think maybe someone will spend real money to get.

Just a theory