To anyone struggling with Babel Achievements...

Finaldark

Good job beating Menhir!!! :) I personally found obelisk easier than menhir myself but it still entirely depends on your personal skill how easy vs hard you make it on yourself :). If you can beat one then with practice you can beat the other two so good luck!

Thanks for all the good words and motivation:). It's nice to have people on the forums cheering you on, you make me feel better about attempting these challenges. Thanks!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the good words and motivation:). It's nice to have people on the forums cheering you on, you make me feel better about attempting these challenges. Thanks!

Anytime! :) Having words of motivation and cheering definitely in my experience makes you have more success in not just gaming but in life so i'm happy to push you! You will do it I know it! :)

Got Menhir last night in a couple attempts on pairs. Trying Obelisk tonight...

Good luck! Obelisk is all about having the widest foundation possible as you climb, don't worry if you lose most of it about halfway up, you will get a chance to rebuild it right before the end climb if your careful :)

YAY! I finally beat Obelisk! I did not expect to beat it that try as I got stuck in the worst positions: ended up climbing the narrow tower, escaped dying by jumping off the bottom lever RIGHT before it fell, had several bombs on the mystery block, had a monsterblock move and destroy the tower, etc. You really need to think on your feet and get lucky, I'm just glad I have 1 more stage left.

YAY! I finally beat Obelisk! I did not expect to beat it that try as I got stuck in the worst positions: ended up climbing the narrow tower, escaped dying by jumping off the bottom lever RIGHT before it fell, had several bombs on the mystery block, had a monsterblock move and destroy the tower, etc. You really need to think on your feet and get lucky, I'm just glad I have 1 more stage left.

Congratz! I am a bit jealous though, I have been stuck on Obelisk for a week. 95% of the time I die in steps 70-90. I've heard the bell a few times, but could never figure out a way to the goal.

Congratz! I am a bit jealous though, I have been stuck on Obelisk for a week. 95% of the time I die in steps 70-90. I've heard the bell a few times, but could never figure out a way to the goal.

I had a similar problem with Menhir, easily making the first half but having the path break up at the end. All I can say is that you have the take risks with stepping on the mystery box and pushing blocks to bring down the tower when you don't have the room to make stairs. The hardest part is when the tower splits in two, move the camera to see which one is more manageable and decide when it's time to switch sides. It's all about persistence and luck really. I tend to play a few rounds, stop, come back later or the next day and end up beating it. Don't give up, I almost did and now I'm almost done:p. Just keep trying!

I had a similar problem with Menhir, easily making the first half but having the path break up at the end. All I can say is that you have the take risks with stepping on the mystery box and pushing blocks to bring down the tower when you don't have the room to make stairs. The hardest part is when the tower splits in two, move the camera to see which one is more manageable and decide when it's time to switch sides. It's all about persistence and luck really. I tend to play a few rounds, stop, come back later or the next day and end up beating it. Don't give up, I almost did and now I'm almost done:p. Just keep trying!

Yea, I didn't struggle all that much with Menhir/Altar but Obelisk is the one playing me...just died at 122. I was forced to use a mystery block, and boom its a bomb...screwed up everything and couldn't recover

I'm thinking I might go through Rapunzel and golding hard first, then come back to the last 2 babel stages.

Edit: Ugh, I was there and made a really idiotic mistake. So frustrating

then...129

129 :(

Edited by Echilion

Great job! Yeah thinking on your feet is essential but look at how far you've come! One more you can do it!

Yea, I didn't struggle all that much with Menhir/Altar but Obelisk is the one playing me...just died at 122. I was forced to use a mystery block, and boom its a bomb...screwed up everything and couldn't recover

I'm thinking I might go through Rapunzel and golding hard first, then come back to the last 2 babel stages.

Edit: Ugh, I was there and made a really idiotic mistake. So frustrating

then...129

129 :(

Idiotic mistakes are very frustrating but don't give up! Take a break and do some hard mode or rapunzel... lord knows theres enough stages of that to beat as well haha. Keep playing and you will do it!

AXIS MUNDI HAS BEEN CONQUERED!! Surprisingly it only took me 2 tries with the winning one taking 20 minutes. A huge help is taking a picture of the puzzle when your stuck and examining how to move the blocks. I did this alot, especially when the floor starts creeping up. I managed to get out of a situation where I was trapped with this. Well, I can enjoy my 1000G now and good luck to the other guy attempting this.

AXIS MUNDI HAS BEEN CONQUERED!! Surprisingly it only took me 2 tries with the winning one taking 20 minutes. A huge help is taking a picture of the puzzle when your stuck and examining how to move the blocks. I did this alot, especially when the floor starts creeping up. I managed to get out of a situation where I was trapped with this. Well, I can enjoy my 1000G now and good luck to the other guy attempting this.

Awesome! Congrats! I knew you could do it! Enjoy the 1000 when you get it if you haven't already :)

Idiotic mistakes are very frustrating but don't give up! Take a break and do some hard mode or rapunzel... lord knows theres enough stages of that to beat as well haha. Keep playing and you will do it!

Thanks for the support! But sadly...I may be the biggest choke artist at this game. I made it to the finish with only one of the characters 3 times in a row. Each time, totally forgetting about the second player. I have the highest step counter without making the finish.

Then for the next 2 hours of trying...didn't even pass 100 steps.

Thanks for the support! But sadly...I may be the biggest choke artist at this game. I made it to the finish with only one of the characters 3 times in a row. Each time, totally forgetting about the second player. I have the highest step counter without making the finish.

Then for the next 2 hours of trying...didn't even pass 100 steps.

Anytime! and don't feel bad about the 1 character thing. My first time doing that I didn't even notice there was two finish platforms until I died.... lol.

Just keep trying and if you die 5 times in a row, take a quick break and just calm ur nerves, 8/10 deaths are due to nerves getting in the way of a simple move making it more difficult. You can do it I know it! :)

On what was going to be my last attempt for the night, I finally did it :woop:. I'm still shaking hahah. So many bombs screwed me on the way up but I persevered

Now on to Axis Mundi tomorrow, which is supposed to be harder *sigh*.

Edit: I just decided to try Axis Mundi once before going to bed, beat it first try...that feels good. Now just for rapunzel and gold starring hard mode. Is gold starring stage 9 on hard just as frustrating as these babel stages? or is it a tiny bit easier?

Edited by Echilion

On what was going to be my last attempt for the night, I finally did it :woop:. I'm still shaking hahah. So many bombs screwed me on the way up but I persevered

Now on to Axis Mundi tomorrow, which is supposed to be harder *sigh*.

Edit: I just decided to try Axis Mundi once before going to bed, beat it first try...that feels good. Now just for rapunzel and gold starring hard mode. Is gold starring stage 9 on hard just as frustrating as these babel stages? or is it a tiny bit easier?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Told ya you could do it :)

Well I assume it would be different for everyone but I found hard mode much easier than babel except for the very final stage 9-6. I had a bit of trouble with 6-4 as well but with all the youtube vids out there it just becomes mostly memorization based anyways. The parts where you have to act on the fly you should be a pro at by now with all your babel climbing so I believe it's just a matter of time for you now! :)

Obelisk has been defeated!

I have been working on this damn stage all freaking day, my best being 127. Only after I got my wife to handle player two did I (we) finally beat it.

On to Axismundi...

EDIT: I played Axismundi a couple times last night, and I must've been tired, but I could not wrap my head around the block layouts. How are people completing this is so few attempts?

Edited by HamKet

Obelisk has been defeated!

I have been working on this damn stage all freaking day, my best being 127. Only after I got my wife to handle player two did I (we) finally beat it.

On to Axismundi...

EDIT: I played Axismundi a couple times last night, and I must've been tired, but I could not wrap my head around the block layouts. How are people completing this is so few attempts?

Mine may have been beginner luck and getting some easy groupings. But the techniques I used the most on my run were Edge, making the towers fall, spider, and a little wall suspension for making steps. I felt this one wants you to topple towers more than the other 3. My opinion though, so others may disagree heh

I noticed you have the golden child. Quick question, would you recommend going through stage 9 or some of the longer ones) via phone or story progression (so you can save at landings)?

Mine may have been beginner luck and getting some easy groupings. But the techniques I used the most on my run were Edge, making the towers fall, spider, and a little wall suspension for making steps. I felt this one wants you to topple towers more than the other 3. My opinion though, so others may disagree heh

I noticed you have the golden child. Quick question, would you recommend going through stage 9 or some of the longer ones) via phone or story progression (so you can save at landings)?

Thanks for the tips. I hope that not being tired will help. I'd hate to get this far and fail.

For Hard, I replayed stages 1-8 via my cellphone, and did 9 through story progression, from a save I had at the end of Day 8. (I specifically changed the difficulty to Hard on my very first playthrough as I had accumulated well over 80 continues.) None of the first 8 stages gave me much difficulty, not even the longer stages 6 or 7.

Stage 9 is another story...

If you follow a video guide, stages 9-1, 9-3 and 9-4 aren't too tough.

9-2 is a pain because of all the monster and mystery blocks. I would get to the end so many times only to have a monster block move, and make me rework my path, ultimately losing my streak.

9-5 and 9-6 are where I spent the bulk of my time. Once you get a path down, it's not hard to stick to it, but dealing with Mutton's attacks and random block changes are what get you. (This is where the banked continues came in handy for me. I started around 75, and ended around 35.)

Being able to save between stages helped immensely. I would hate to have to do all of 9 in one sitting.

Overall, it's annoying, but doable.

Thanks for the tips. I hope that not being tired will help. I'd hate to get this far and fail.

For Hard, I replayed stages 1-8 via my cellphone, and did 9 through story progression, from a save I had at the end of Day 8. (I specifically changed the difficulty to Hard on my very first playthrough as I had accumulated well over 80 continues.) None of the first 8 stages gave me much difficulty, not even the longer stages 6 or 7.

Stage 9 is another story...

If you follow a video guide, stages 9-1, 9-3 and 9-4 aren't too tough.

9-2 is a pain because of all the monster and mystery blocks. I would get to the end so many times only to have a monster block move, and make me rework my path, ultimately losing my streak.

9-5 and 9-6 are where I spent the bulk of my time. Once you get a path down, it's not hard to stick to it, but dealing with Mutton's attacks and random block changes are what get you. (This is where the banked continues came in handy for me. I started around 75, and ended around 35.)

Being able to save between stages helped immensely. I would hate to have to do all of 9 in one sitting.

Overall, it's annoying, but doable.

Thanks for the advice. Though, I don't think I kept any saves before stage 9 so I can change the difficulty :( but hopefully there is one.

Edit: Yay, I have one with 65 retries before stage 9! It doesn't matter if you gold levels in different saves...or does it?

Edited by Echilion

I hope so! But I think you're correct because when I loaded up my save and switched it to hard mode, I had my golden prizes from the other file.

Just finished 9-5 with a gold, but i'm 4000pts behind the video guide cause i screwed up at the end. I'm debating whether I should do 9-5 again (which i rather not lol) or just try 9-6 and not miss anything.

Wow, glad i found this thread.

I must have tried Altar for about 4 hours over the weekend to no avail. Can't wait to get home to beat this with pairs.

Dreading Rapunzel too. Should take a while to beat all those levels....

Ya, I beat altar on my 2nd try in pairs.

And rapunzel sucks...I find it very boring heh. Just have the extra stages to go