Gold Medal Requirements Checklist

BiggD

After doing some more research it seems that Death at Sea is triggered once you buy the Sonar Dock, and is the mission for collecting all the pieces.

Thanks for the info on Last One. Not sure if you want to note these two in the guide just in case someone else is using the find feature on the guide and looking at the Social Club to see what they still need. I'm assuming they don't have any requirements/medals.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Times are virtually impossible to beat first time if you are playing the game properly because cut scenes count towards the mission time.

Might be a good idea to put in the OP that dying and restarting only voids time based requirements. I kept quitting out and restarting the 'Phillips Industries' mission because I kept crashing the plane trying for the bridges eventually I just gave up on the gold and kept retrying from checkpoint until I got all seven. Finished the mission and I had fulfilled every requirement but the mission time.

Good idea, I'll add that in!

I think it would be a great idea to add something next to each Mission requirement if it is affected by a checkpoint, perhaps sticking a © or something next to the requirement description. As metabolic points out most of the ones affected are time based although I have fulfilled several time based requirements after several restarts as it was timing a specific part of the mission, i.e. "get the helicopter back within...", etc. Also I am pretty sure that some of the requirements affected by checkpoints are not time based as I have had 2-3 in a single mission that just have an 'X' and checkpoint next to them.

I will keep an eye on all Gold requirements from now and list all of the ones that I come across and let you know.

i'm having some trouble getting gold on dom's second mission liquidity risk. i need to spin the atv 8 times. i have made many more rotations than that. does it need to be in a specific direction or something?

You need to flip it forwards or backwards, spinning doesn't count.

You need to flip it forwards or backwards, spinning doesn't count.

I drove out the back of the aeroplane to the left hand side and starting rotating and spinning straight away by pushing upwards and left or right depending on where the marker is. Once I done about 10-12 spins/rotations I levelled out so I was perfectly flat and landed in the water with very little damage and only about a 15-20 second swim to the marker.

I think it would be a great idea to add something next to each Mission requirement if it is affected by a checkpoint, perhaps sticking a © or something next to the requirement description. As metabolic points out most of the ones affected are time based although I have fulfilled several time based requirements after several restarts as it was timing a specific part of the mission, i.e. "get the helicopter back within...", etc. Also I am pretty sure that some of the requirements affected by checkpoints are not time based as I have had 2-3 in a single mission that just have an 'X' and checkpoint next to them.

I will keep an eye on all Gold requirements from now and list all of the ones that I come across and let you know.

I like the idea, but that would be impossible and tedious to keep track of. I would essentially purposely have to replay EVERY mission over again and purposely die to see which parts count for time and which don't.

I like the idea, but that would be impossible and tedious to keep track of. I would essentially purposely have to replay EVERY mission over again and purposely die to see which parts count for time and which don't.

Yeah I completely understand that mate. I just meant if people contributed the information. Would save people retrying a mission 20 times only to find they didn't fulfil the requirement because of a checkpoint.

So basically, if you ever die or fail, you need to restart from the beginning of each mission to get Gold on them? Please help as I am going for this today :)

Some missions, yes. Others, no. It depends on the of things tracked for Gold. Things like accuracy or number of shots will need a full mission restart. When you finish a mission, it will let you know if you failed an objective because of restarting a checkpoint. It'll put an X in the box and say "Checkpoint" next to it.

Yeah I completely understand that mate. I just meant if people contributed the information. Would save people retrying a mission 20 times only to find they didn't fulfil the requirement because of a checkpoint.

Anything with a time limit, or accuracy to get gold disqualifies you after dying. Not that hard to notice which ones have those things if you're looking through the guide.

Anything with a time limit, or accuracy to get gold disqualifies you after dying. Not that hard to notice which ones have those things if you're looking through the guide.

Oh, accuracy gets void upon death too? I'll have to add that into the OP. I didn't realize.

Didn't realise it was just those that voided the requirements either. If that is the case makes it much easier to work out.

Edit: Just to point out that isn't just time limit and accuaracy. I just retried the first mission.

Mission 1: Franklin & Lamar (Triggered by Franklin)

• Not a Scratch - Deliver the rep car with minimal damage
  • Focused - Use Franklin's special ability for 7 seconds
  • Winner - Win the race against Lamar
  • We Come in Peace - Avoid hitting any aliens in the movie studio

The top requirement failed because of a checkpoint. This was my point in a previous post. There are more checkpoint affected requirements then people think.

Edited by XBOX ISAAC82

Please use this thread for a quick reference for the Gold Medal requirements for every Story mission, Strangers & Freaks side missions, and Hobbies/Pastimes in GTA V.

Obtaining 70 Gold Medals between the Story and Strangers & Freaks missions will net you the Solid Gold, Baby achievement. Overall, there are 71 story missions and 40 Strangers & Freaks missions which you can obtain a Gold Medal on.

Take note that you can check these requirements while you are off mission in the game in the paused menu after having completed them, but this guide will serve as a checklist for those who choose to view the requirements pre-mission or mid-mission.

Reminder: The requirements for each mission DO NOT all have to be completed in one run of the mission. Once you complete a mission, you can replay them by pausing your game and going to the “Game” section in the paused menu. Here, you pick and choose which missions you would like to replay as well as see what requirements you have left to obtain a Gold Medal on that mission. You can work on different requirements for a mission one at a time. This will be much easier for some of the longer and more difficult missions.

Reminder 2: If you die during a mission, time based requirements and accuracy requirements will automatically be void, so be careful!

UPDATE: Trevor's Rampage missions are the ONLY missions in the game which can not be broken up for Gold Medals. This means that you must fulfill all three of the Gold Medal requirements in one attempt.

UPDATE 2: The Hobbies & Pastimes listed in this thread DO NOT count towards the Multi-Disciplined achievement. They are only here because they have Gold Medal requirements just like the Story missions and Strangers & Freaks missions.

UPDATE 3: The Hobbies & Pastimes listed here DO ACTUALLY count towards this achievement. The Strategy Guide lists them as Hobbies & Pastimes, but in the "Replay Missions" section of the paused menu, you will find that you can replay the Assassinations and Trafficking missions. Shooting Range does not count, but I will leave the information for that in this thread.

Just so I am clear, the only gold medals that count are the ones that you can see via the Replay Mission and Replay Strangers and Freaks menus?

Hunter, I'm afraid I don't know how to stop the band in under 40 seconds.

I don't have access to the mission yet, but the guide says:

As you exit the bar, a beat-up Declasse Tornado convertible road past. Joe says it's full of illegal folks! Hop in the Park Ranger and give chase. Joe gives Trevor a Stun Gun as you drive. Stay on the convertible's tail as it roars across Smoke Tree Road and cuts across the desert. Shoot at its tires or ram it if you can get close enough. (A medal requirement is to stop the band's Tornado within 40 seconds).

Just so I am clear, the only gold medals that count are the ones that you can see via the Replay Mission and Replay Strangers and Freaks menus?

Yes, sir. Although the strategy guide lists the Assassination and Trafficking missions as Hobbies, these Gold Medals also count towards the 70.

For Arms Trafficking with the plane, do you have to get all the bonuses for it to count for gold since no medal shows up on the completion screen?

Also, I can't find where to replay them.

For any mission where there are no set requirements (bonuses do not count) it is an automatic gold for completion.

I have 31 that I can count on the replay mission/strangers&freaks menus, plus the 10 from trafficking. I don't know if there are any others that don't appear, but count.

Hopefully once I finish the storyline, I can go back and Gold Medal all the S&F's that way I don't need to work with so many long Story missions! I'd love to have everything Single Player related done by next Tuesday when the Online launches...but at this rate...I doubt it.