Has this DLC even released yet?

lifeexpectancy

I heard something about all development on DLC being halted until the core game issues get sorted out due to the 3 lawsuits currently ongoing. Is this true? Has second assault been shelved? Because if so Im seriously considering calling MS and trying to get my $$ back for the worthless season pass.

NVM, confirmed it hasn't.

Edited by lifeexpectancy

I heard something about all development on DLC being halted until the core game issues get sorted out due to the 3 lawsuits currently ongoing. Is this true? Has second assault been shelved? Because if so Im seriously considering calling MS and trying to get my $$ back for the worthless season pass.

NVM, confirmed it hasn't.

It's out on the One but IMHO it pretty much sucks and you aren't missing anything. It's 4 old BF3 maps. The new Metro blows and is almost unplayable (it just ends up being a nade fest slaughter at B - whoever gets B first wins because you can never take it again). There are very few servers and it's very difficult to get into a game. A couple of the achievements are broken. Gulf of Oman is OK if you really like vehicles.

It's out on the One but IMHO it pretty much sucks and you aren't missing anything. It's 4 old BF3 maps. The new Metro blows and is almost unplayable (it just ends up being a nade fest slaughter at B - whoever gets B first wins because you can never take it again). There are very few servers and it's very difficult to get into a game. A couple of the achievements are broken. Gulf of Oman is OK if you really like vehicles.

Any different from how it was in bf3? So the maps are literally copy/paste then, no "dynamic" map change gimmicks worked in? Just the same unchanged maps with some different cosmetic damage's.

Just your humble opinion.

If you liked those 4 maps in BF3, you should love them in BF4. They added all kinds of things to the maps (too many to list). And yes it is possible to capture B in Metro, you just didn't have a good enough team. :D

Just your humble opinion.

If you liked those 4 maps in BF3, you should love them in BF4. They added all kinds of things to the maps (too many to list). And yes it is possible to capture B in Metro, you just didn't have a good enough team. :D

Sure, it's possible if there are far less than 64 people in the game and people on the other team aren't glitching in the ceiling like crazy. With 64 people in the game and everyone playing legit I have yet to see it retaken by an opposing team. If you have played it much (I have - about 8 hours now trying to get the stupid Falling Down achievement) you know darn well whoever takes B first just gangs up at the 5 access points (plus watching your back for the elevators) and it's a total nade fest back and forth with anyone trying to get up to B getting blown away nearly instantly.

I loved Metro on BF3. Not so much on BF4 on the One. It will probably be good on the 360, but it just sucks with 64 players and I am far from the only one to have expressed that humble opinion. I rack up plenty of points and kills every game (especially on the winning side) but it's not really Conquest. There's very little flag capping or strategy involved. Just pick your choke point and heave nades and fire away.

Any different from how it was in bf3? So the maps are literally copy/paste then, no "dynamic" map change gimmicks worked in? Just the same unchanged maps with some different cosmetic damage's.

It's different in small ways. For example on Metro they added collapsing ceilings (hence the Falling Down achievement I have yet to accomplish). Throughout the inside there are what look like temporary reinforcement beams that you can shoot and make the ceiling fall down. And to accommodate 64 players (poorly) they added a new side door small corridor route up from below as well as a couple elevators (at least I don't remember the elevators in BF3) and an extra small door out to the outside towards A. All of the maps have some minor changes like that.

Unfortunately to me it feels like slapping some spit and bubble gum on the BF3 maps to rush out a second DLC with minimal effort. I've found both the Metro map and Capture the Flag modes to be very buggy. Metro has tons of glitches where people can get into the ceiling and walls and shoot you. With CTF I always get killed and go into limbo where you do not respawn but rather lay dead in the same spot and can watch the people run by for the remainder of the game. So you either quit out and lose your points or you can lay there and screw your stats. Both options suck.

Also, two of the Achievements are broken and currently cannot be attained.

I am sure there are those people who will love the DLC for nostalgic reasons. I am just not one of them and with the dearth of servers available and the bugs and poor design components I am just not a big fan.

Edited by PhantomShark

Think OP is talking about 360 version (hope so anyway) I would love to also know if the 360 version has been cancelled? for now/for EVER!!

BF$ (just noticed 4 is $ sign with shift) is dissapointing me at the moment, but as a late starter on BF3 maybe I missed the initial problems last time? but when it works and got my headphones on it is fun, but just found myself not willing to play at the moment for the sour taste it leaves.

Think OP is talking about 360 version (hope so anyway) I would love to also know if the 360 version has been cancelled? for now/for EVER!!

BF$ (just noticed 4 is $ sign with shift) is dissapointing me at the moment, but as a late starter on BF3 maybe I missed the initial problems last time? but when it works and got my headphones on it is fun, but just found myself not willing to play at the moment for the sour taste it leaves.

BF3 had it problems, but nothing like the level of issues with BF4.

Honestly i hope they shelve all the DLC for BF4 on 360, refund season pass holders, and never release it. I dont want to ever have to go back to this game for the completion now that Ive finished the air superiority DLC. Sorry if youre a BF fan but I hope no more DLC is released.

I wouldnt mind if it werent broken as hell but I cant stand broken games and rushed development.

Edited by lifeexpectancy

Well, that would s*ck. Consider Opereration Metro being one of my favorite maps on Battlefield 3.

Let's hope EA get their shite together and announce the mappack asap. It really sucks if you bought the Premium pass and not getting anything 'Premium' worthwhile... :(

Now that DICE Stockholm is back in office after a 5 week break, due to Sweden's mandatory time off labor laws, they have been tweaking the game again. This article popped up on MP1st the other day and it speculates that Second Assault will be releasing in late February.

Let's hope EA get their shite together and announce the mappack asap. It really sucks if you bought the Premium pass and not getting anything 'Premium' worthwhile... :(

Just to clear things up, China Rising was the only DLC that has been dated for all platforms. There was a rumor that Second Assault was supposed to come 2 weeks after X1 released, which obviously did not happen. Since then they have delayed all other DLC until the game is more stable because of EA's lawsuits.

• 3 weeks later...
It looks like the "Late February" suggestion might be right. The Assignments and Weapons have appeared on Battlelog today. I also saw somewhere (although I can't remember where) suggesting the 18th for the PC/X360/PS3 release.

Assignments and weapons for Second Assault have been on Battlelog since the last patch on January 31st. And the 18th of Feb release was leaked by Origin Germany, you can read that article here