Achievement Guide and Roadmap

kornfan2007

just a question, i've had this game for a while now and haven't played yet. and I read the achievement guide where it says that if you don't want to play in Extreme a second time there is a glitch to bypass that.

has the glitch been patched yet? cause if so I won't update the game until i get that achievement.

i would not call it a glitch.

All you have to do is race stage 10 till the last race on easy or normal or whatever you like and then when the last race starts pause and set under gameplay the difficulty to extreme.

Lvl will restart and you have to beat the last race and youre done with extreme.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a note on the "King For A Day" and the "What Else You Got" achievements. This might sound obvious but if you are using a second profile on your console, it has to be another Gold account.

I've just wasted half an hour watching unskippable cut scenes and the game glitching out on me to find out that if you are not on Gold you cannot load any scores up to Autolog. Gold isn't just for playing online.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just a note on the "King For A Day" and the "What Else You Got" achievements. This might sound obvious but if you are using a second profile on your console, it has to be another Gold account.

I've just wasted half an hour watching unskippable cut scenes and the game glitching out on me to find out that if you are not on Gold you cannot load any scores up to Autolog. Gold isn't just for playing online.

Thanks for that. I have updated the guide to state this. This would affect players with friends using a silver account also.

• 2 weeks later...

I think there aren't many tips...

Getting gold in the 10 new challenges isn't difficult when you got gold in all the other challenges. (Especially cause you can't choose the car anyway.)

Those 20 objectives instead... these are either pure skill- or extreme luck-based.

You have to win 5 sessions (seesions!, not just races) with 5 different cars and before 10/20 and at 15/20 you'll have to get 2 of these objectives in order to even proceed to the next stage of 5 objectives.

So I'd guess we'll have to say difficulty is now 9/10, at least 8/10.

Best way would be two 4-man teams with lots and lots of time to boost these... getting this without boosting will take one heck of time and will be frustrating as hell :) (I nearly destroyed my controller after 5 hrs of not having any luck........)

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for that. I have updated the guide to state this. This would affect players with friends using a silver account also.

If you have no friends playing this game and get some from th trading thread, if your time is already better than theirs will you get the achievement or do you have to redo a stage to get it?

EDIT This question is related to king for the day.

• 1 month later...

So after playing this game for awhile now.. I gotta say this game is bullshit to it's bitter core! I am making perfect runs with cars and not making it within sniffing distance of some gold times. Especially on the Italian DLC.. been doing the Autobahn Attack with the Lambo Gallardo (219mph) and I can be at full speed and boosting and I'll still get passed like I'm standing still. I keep getting 2:11 on the track.. gold is under 2:10. This game is agonizingly hard.

I know others have done this.. so its my driving style most likely.. but that Autobahn Attack is killing me.. I take the correct lines, save boost for straightaways and don't touch the walls. It's insanity I can't get gold on this.

I feel somewhat better now! I'd say for the roadmap for people that don't play alot of racing games.. this is more like a 9/10.

Edited by Xenolith666

• 2 weeks later...
Stage 1 west coast ( 6 events )

Race for your life out of the junkyard – the through the streets of San Francisco as you enter the run and begin your journey towards New York.

Stage 2 national park ( 5 events )

Fight to gain position through Yosemite National Park. Take extra care as the roads to narrow and the railings give away to the sleep cliff edges.

Stage 3 desert valley ( 7 events )

Get your car to top speed as you blast through the nevada deserts barreling towards Las Vegas at supersonic speeds.

Stage 4 desert hills ( 5 events )

Fight through desolate mining towns and get the cops off your back as you head out of the desert towards the Rocky Mountains.

Stage 5 the Rockies ( 5 events )

Race your opponents and battle the elements as you race your way through the Rocky Mountains

Stage 6 the plains ( 5 events )

Blast through the plains and maintain speed in order to close some ground on your opponents.

Stage 7 Chicago approach ( 5 events )

Race for your life as the Mob Catches up with you in Chicago and unleashes a well orchestrated attack.

Stage 8 the great lakes ( 6 events )

Continue to fight off the mob threat while still trying to gain position in the run.

Stage 9 State Forest ( 4 events )

Armed with a Super car – gain as much ground as you can to claw your way back into the race.

Stage 10 East Coast ( 6 events )

Take down the top drivers as you approach your final trails in New York City.

There's a guide for how many races in each stage, useful, especially when you're going for difficulty change on stage 10.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

"-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No Cheats"

There technically is 1 "cheat" code and it does not disable cheevs, under "Extras" go to "Enter Cheat Code" and type in "aemintakes" this has been mentioned elsewhere in this forum and on the web, and it unlocks the AEM challenge series.

• 2 weeks later...
"-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No Cheats"

There technically is 1 "cheat" code and it does not disable cheevs, under "Extras" go to "Enter Cheat Code" and type in "aemintakes" this has been mentioned elsewhere in this forum and on the web, and it unlocks the AEM challenge series.

Thank ye bud, I now got 3 new challenge series for fuck all. Shame you need a gold account to post times though, I blame ea the shitheads.:eek:

• 9 months later...