What happens if you accidentally kill a consume target?

Starstrukk X360A

I'm on my first playthrough right now and I've probably accidentally killed two or three back when I started.

Back in the first game (if I remember right anyway) if you accidentally kill someone, if you leave and come back later someone else will have that icon over their head indicating they're a consume target.

Is it like this in this game too?

I can confirm that the consume targets respawn but not always at the same place.

The ones that unlocks Blacknet missions respawn, I accidentally killed 1 and he respawned later and I have now completed every Blacknet mission.

The ones that give upgrades also respawns then I guess, I accidentally killed 1 and I have like 3 upgrades left. But since the Blacknet ones respawn I guess these ones also does.

Edited by JeppeBoy

I can confirm that the consume targets respawn but not always at the same place.

The ones that unlocks Blacknet missions respawn, I accidentally killed 1 and he respawned later and I have now completed every Blacknet mission.

The ones that give upgrades also respawns then I guess, I accidentally killed 1 and I have like 3 upgrades left. But since the Blacknet ones respawn I guess these ones also does.

This is good to know. I've missed quite a few.

• 2 weeks later...

I had about 3 or 4 consume targets left and still had some story left to finish but decided to wander through the maps to see what I could find. I found a place in the Yellow Zone next to a base that spawned 3 consume targets within about 30 minutes. If you go to coordinates 361-1443 you'll find the cage that kept respawing them for me. I'll see if I can get some pics up to clarify it.

Here's the location on the map:

2012-08-11_08-39-17_752.jpg

And here's a view of the cage from across the street:

2012-08-11_08-40-45_683.jpg

Edited by Scott31815
Added pics

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I had about 3 or 4 consume targets left and still had some story left to finish but decided to wander through the maps to see what I could find. I found a place in the Yellow Zone next to a base that spawned 3 consume targets within about 30 minutes. If you go to coordinates 361-1443 you'll find the cage that kept respawing them for me. I'll see if I can get some pics up to clarify it.

Here's the location on the map:

2012-08-11_08-39-17_752.jpg

And here's a view of the cage from across the street:

2012-08-11_08-40-45_683.jpg

Just wanted to tell you thanks for this. I did as you said and all four of the remaining ones I needed showed up very fast here. For those just starting the game, this is an excellent find and should be used.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/723200/prototype-2-upgrade-locations-guide-finding-all-powers-abilities-and-skills-with-ease/

This lists them all. They have set coordinates and if they get killed you can return to that spot later and they will have spawned back.

It also says at what point in the game they are unlockable.

Some spots seem to spawn pickups repeatedly because you haven't picked them up as you go along so that spot has built up a few upgrades.

If you notice some are listed as in the same spot but unlock later than others.

I used this guide and found it really useful.

Hope it helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Prototype and Prototype 2 are pretty much the same game, right down to the core mechanics and weird glitches. If you do kill a Consume target, they will come back, same as before. If I remember correctly, if it's main story-relayed target, you won't even have the option to kill; it must be consumed.

• 5 weeks later...