BluWolve

Preferred Method of travel?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Preferred Method of travel?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some times fast travel will bone you HARD.

click, click, loading please wait, and then when you can play again you're smack dab in the middle of five bandits who all go "Huh!? Where'd YOU come from!? KILL HIM!"

PS: I use the horse and carriage when I need to go to a big city I haven't been to before... is there another need for it? it costs money, fast-travel does not.

• 3 weeks later...
the amount of movement across the map would make me quit if there wasn't some sort of fast travel in place. I've had to go from north east, to south west corners before... just not fun to spend an hour riding across the whole thing just to talk to someone.

if they removed fast-travel, but kept... or expanded the horse-and-carriage mode of transportation.. it might not be too bad.

• 2 weeks later...
the amount of movement across the map would make me quit if there wasn't some sort of fast travel in place. I've had to go from north east, to south west corners before... just not fun to spend an hour riding across the whole thing just to talk to someone.

This is my problem with Dragon's Dogma (and Dark Souls but only for the first half of the game).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On my 4th playthrough now and I'm finally starting to use horses.

Stole Frost from that one dude's quest in Riften and I love him :p Until I get Shadowmere of course.

Shadowmere died on me xD

I thought he was invincible to everything so I jumped off Throat of the World...

...it was a sad day :(

I've played through at least four times (in the middle of a game now). I've found that horses will jump into battle as soon as you fast travel with the chance of them dying. This even goes for Shadowmere as he (or she) is not entirely invincible.

I usually fast travel strategically when I know there's a higher chance of vampire or dragon attacks. I'll travel outside the town first to make sure the enemies don't spawn...then enter city gates.

If I was to chose a horse it would be Arvak. Once you clear the Soul Cairn (with Dawnguard), you can summon Arvak anytime.

• 4 weeks later...
I am seriously disappointed that so many people prefer fast travel! I mean, it's definitely convenient, but there are so many perks to riding or walking to your destination that fast traveling really removes a large aspect of the game.

Each to their own, but I think that fast travel is needed because I (and a lot of others) don't want to trek for miles and miles between the same locations. It would make it a boring, repetitive game with endless backtracking.

Shadowmere died on me xD

I thought he was invincible to everything so I jumped off Throat of the World...

...it was a sad day :(

I had that problem as well. Except I had fast travelled while he had run off to fight some random enemy. I came back to the area where I had left him behind, and all I could see was his ass sticking out of the ground! I lost him for the rest of my play through. Grrrr.

• 2 weeks later...