Hard!?

PapaSmurf124

Im able to get past the third planet but if theres this one planet anywhere in the rotation... I might as well start over.

Just keep playing and youll pick up a few strategies that work for you.

Here's a few from me: Learn how and when to use the speeder! Learn the pros and cons of each planet impact and when to use them. Finally, if you know which planets are your weakness(s), and you see them in the lineup for mission mode, then simply exit and retry. Its random each time although you usually get a lot of the same each time.

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

I've nailed Hard mode and 200 pointed this. The trick is to keep clearing the screen in one hit as it nets you a 10,000 point bonus. You will never beat the AI before the time runs out you have to outscore it instead. So concentrate on working on clearing the screen. Do not leave any blocks behind as you will not get the bonus. That's how i did, concentrated on points...

• 3 weeks later...
I've nailed Hard mode and 200 pointed this. The trick is to keep clearing the screen in one hit as it nets you a 10,000 point bonus. You will never beat the AI before the time runs out you have to outscore it instead. So concentrate on working on clearing the screen. Do not leave any blocks behind as you will not get the bonus. That's how i did, concentrated on points...

Good Strategy. Sounds like a good idea. THe other strategy I've noticed is patience. Eventually the computer will screw up. so you are saying take it slow?

Good Strategy. Sounds like a good idea. THe other strategy I've noticed is patience. Eventually the computer will screw up. so you are saying take it slow?

Nah you can't take it slow you have to keep hammering the blocks down and working right to left (or vice versa) otherwise the CPU will easily outscore you/crush you in a world of blocks. Patience is definitely the key and as you get unlimited continues if you keep at it the law of averages will eventually catch up on you!

Clearing the board against Meteo is not always the best plan as the blocks fall so slowly giving it time to build up a lot of smaller combos. On normal Meteo has a tendancy to flood its screen, so if you hit it with a lot of smaller combos early on along with a planet crash you can actually beat it in under a minute. I've beaten Meteo on normal in 28 secs using that tactic. Kind of like the old tactic on Tetris Attack on the SNES against Bowser (okay I sound old now!).

• 6 months later...
Kind of like the old tactic on Tetris Attack on the SNES against Bowser (okay I sound old now!).

I wish so much for this to be re-released somewhere, anywhere! And I mean the Mario version you're referring to! Not the anime one or the plain one.

I used to play the best score in 2 minutes level for hours on end lol, them wer the days!

• 2 months later...

Oh man.

I had some seriously intense games in hard mode, except the first two planets... I destroyed Boggob and Gravitras. The last 4, though...

Globin's gravity makes me rage, so it took me like 7 tries to kill him. I ended up killing him on the 7th try at around 1:27 left.

Freaze....ooooooh this guy was a bitch. 15 tries later, I ended up outscoring him with 200 points. >_>

Mekks, first try, with over 20k higher than him.

Meteo...i can't even remember. Took less tries than Freaze, that's for damn sure.

Now for the last three cheevs, Eraser, Accessories 20, and Planets 20... blaah.