Server ending. Free achievements?

Sizzlebuzz

So everyone here already know the server is currently ending soon. Which is a bad thing, but then again, there isn't a large fan base anymore except for the hundred or so boosters who compete against each other for no reason.

Anyhow, I wonder if they'll give the online achievements. My pal said he sent them a message and that he was replied to, saying they would pass the idea along.

I doubt it will happen, but most of the achievements that I am missing for that game can only be obtained by cheating (two+ boxing).

I'm not here to start a debate about two boxing and such. So don't try to talk to me about it =\. Please.

Although, the legit achievements I am missing are the levels and the super weapon. I think I only got a sniper and commander to 50, with 107 hours of gameplay. The rest were in the 40's.

Two times, me and 5 pals stayed up to watch the areas get taken back and no secret weapon popped. Turned out, both times, boosters took it within minutes of it happening. Even though no special report notified us of the weapon appearing.

Perhaps if the rare achievements popped and you were able to participate in the Rookie/Novice/Expert/etc. missions for the ones you can get for playing those (deploy on certain chassis etc.) it would be OK. They'd have to give you 5 of each component and stuff too...

They will not give out achievments when the servers close, Take a look at EA and there servers, They close them all the time and never give out the achievements. This will be the first time in xbox history (Or so i think) if they give out the achievements in an update.

Well, this game isn't made by EA. I will be glad if they do. 700 gamerscore in this game is fine with me though (although, if it weren't for boosters, it would be 740).

Anyhow, I think if they did hand out achievements, there would have to be a criteria. Such as, 100+ hours played online, or so many online matches played.

Although, the legit achievements I am missing are the levels and the super weapon. I think I only got a sniper and commander to 50, with 107 hours of gameplay. The rest were in the 40's.

U will need very much more hours to play for the Valors achievements:

Sniper: about 150 hours

HVG: about 180 h

Soldier: about 220 h

Defender: about 220 h

Commander: about 300 h

Scout: about 350 h

time based on boosting, legit it takes much much more

i would say: The Time is going to be very tight for all the guysout there, who wants these achievements. u have half of the points for valors at level 82

Two times, me and 5 pals stayed up to watch the areas get taken back and no secret weapon popped. Turned out, both times, boosters took it within minutes of it happening. Even though no special report notified us of the weapon appearing.

longest time I could play the SW was 23 minutes, then the sw was gone

just made some comments :)

• 1 month later...

It's not too late. It's the whole point. The fact that they are closing down would even make sense to do something like that for those guys that are really close. (Or at least half way and have still put many hours in).

Well, I actually don't see it happening either. But all I'm saying is that it would make sense.

• 1 month later...

According to SEGA's chromehounds forums, after digging for awhile, a developer called MS to let all the achievements unlock for free. MS said they would but their servers with achievements are not backwards compatable, only works from user end to MS. Meaning chromehounds would have to patch the game, which they can't because the department is closed

Fromsoft are still around, but there hasn't been any developer input for chromehounds for a very long time.

Exactly, they are not working on any current updates/patches, the team has long been reassigned to other departments (hopefully Alpha Protocol which is taking forever...) Im sure its one intern resetting the lonely server in an empty room every week.

Also, im pretty sure the server is run by SEGA, not FreeSoft, I would assume it is.