How to import Songs?

If I already paid to have my World Tour and Smash Hits songs into GH5, am I gonna have to pay again to import them into Warriors of Rock?

It's a one of payment, you will not need to re-buy the license. Although you may need to re-download them, that all just depends on if the content is playing up or not really :p.

Alright first off, yes that was my first post on this site but i will try to comment on your reply as best I can considering your text is a jumbled mess that I can barely follow. Second, I made a valid point about music licensing that is FACT, not my opinion. So before you "belittle" my reply further by stating: "learn and understand beore posting again.." let me educate you on how the music industry works.

When a set of songs are licensed for use in a "single" music game, they are intended for use only in that game. If those songs are then made available to import into a different music game (newer or otherwise); a music license must be purchased because that was not part of the original licensing agreement of those "said" songs. It has nothing to do with the publisher trying to squeeze an extra few bucks out of players. But you seem to be confusing "importing/exporting songs" with "DLC songs" because they are both completely different types of transactions. "DLC" songs usually have a slightly different type of licensing agreement attached to them because they are purchased separately from the games and thus can be used in multiple games because of this, unless the "DLC" states that it is only compatible with "certain" games. (i.e. The Beatles albums released as DLC were only playable in The Beatles: Rock Band). So to clarify, just because you purchased GH: Metallica and GH:WOR respectively, this doesn't entitle you to have the GH: Metallica songs be playable within GH:WOR just because you purchased both! GH: Metallica songs were only intended to be played within GH: Metallica and vice versa. THIS IS WHY A MUSIC LICENSE MUST BE PURCHASED for a small fee. Again the fee is quite small given the amount of content that you get for certain games. But if you still don't understand this concept Killer I can't make myself any clearer! Maybe this post has helped to educate you on how "music licensing" works so that you don't fire back with such an ignorant reply next time!

Well done, you made a first post that was correct. Then responded to some guy giving shit back well. Well done :) everything you have said about music licensing is correct and people need to learn to understand this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...