Which DiRT game is your favourite?

GORQITO

Which one is best?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is best?

• DiRT
    • DiRT 2
    • DiRT 3

I liked DiRT the best. DiRT 2 is good, but it's menu styles got annoying, and for whatever reason... I sucked with trucks/buggys and they killed the fun for me.

I have played 4 races in DiRT 3... and I do like it, But I am a bit annoyed at how much I am sucking. I don't know if the game is just much harder then Dirt2, or if it's me. I never had a problem with straight up rally racing in Dirt 1 or 2 (RallyX used to give me more trouble)... Now I win RallyX no problem, but even when I do a 100% clean rally race, rarely even touching my brakes.... I still get 3rd?! Maybe the other racers have better cars, Or I'm just having an off night.

Edit: As soon as I post this, I win 3 races in a row by 5+ seconds. haha.

One thing that annoys the crap out of me (and Dirt 3 is not the only game guilty of this) is how much they shove the DLC and VIP code down your throat... I'm renting the game, so I don't have any of that and it feels like everytime I turn around it's telling me to buy this or that. I got two "Hey... You should buy the VIP code!!" things to go through to get to the main menu, then every time I go to choose a car I have to skip over 2-3 cars that are DLC and say "BUY!". Not to mention the fact they plug the DLC on the menu, and elsewhere. It feels like I am playing a demo some times.

And, as I said, Dirt 3 is not alone in this.... I had the same issue with Homefront and NFS: HP. I guess it's just the future of gaming. Buy the game brand new and all the DLC, or be annoyed every time you play it. :biglaugh

Edited by redlight racer

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Yeah, I don't really like it either. It's fun at first, but gets boring IMO. I'd rather have it just be off-road racing and rallycross like in the first 2.

I feel the same way. Dirt the first addition hooked me. I would much rather race Giant garbage trucks than spend hours on end forced to play the gymkhana! If gymkhana was just a add-on or just part of the side mission it wouldn't be a big deal. But so many achievements and mission to have to play through.

• 4 months later...