• Horse armor!
    • Knights of the nine
    • Mehrunes razor
    • Spell tomes
    • The orrery
    • The thieves den
    • the vile lair
    • The wizards tower

You lose some stats when you go to jail though - could you go to jail and then regain those stats to level up? Not really practical because you'de have to spend decades in jail to lose enough and it might not work anyway. Just a thought :D

Excellent point! What if you commit a small offense and go to jail, save the game, and make sure to continue only if your atheletics dropped, rinse and repeat until you you lose 10 levels. Then level up 10 times and get your level up bonus? So even if all of your skills are maxed at 100 you can still use the level up your attributes to who knows how high! I'm sure somone out there can streamline this process from my rough outline, but any reason it shouldn't work? el

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, a faster method is as follows.

Go into the imperial city.

Kill everyone.

Find a guard (I didn't mean absolutely everyone of course :p)

Go to jail.

I was bored once and ended up killing 15 people or so and I lost a ton of stats. This will have a severe effect on your infamy though.

Edit: You could be an evil Lord of Oblivion! And you could kill anyone you don't like in the process. It might be best to kill the adoring fan over and over again as he reappears and you won't end up being the only person alive in the game. Interesting idea for a chalenge though - be the only person (aside from guards or whatever that respawn) in Cirodil ... imagine it :)

No my blade skill was not fortified. and plus it doesnt matter if your skills are fortified or not because you do not increase from master to expert with non permanent increases. I havent tried to lose stat points, it just happened to work out that way once so i am just guessing it would work if you dedicated yourself to it.

you mean expert to master =P novice>apprentice>journeyman>expert>master

• 4 weeks later...

ok so theyve had 3 different pieces of DLC, whatever. now theres gonna be a fourth, and its made me think. they COULD HAVE PUT THIS IN THE GAME. but they chose not to. why you ask? $$ we pay.

i wouldnt buy it otherwise, but it seems really cool. like the next one...the Thieves Den. check it out here

this better not be a trend thats starting; purposly leaving cool things out of a game, then releasing it as DLC for more $$. i LOVE bethesda softworks (hell, i live in bethesda), but this dissapoints me.

Companies have been doing this for years on the PC called expansion packs. While there may be more content in expansion packs, the price ranges from $20 - $35. This downloable content is the future of console gaming. Buying and downloading will be here to stay. You could just sit back and not purchase any content like I do (Unless I think it's worth it and extremely cool) or keep buying and keep playing. Simple.

ok so theyve had 3 different pieces of DLC, whatever. now theres gonna be a fourth, and its made me think. they COULD HAVE PUT THIS IN THE GAME. but they chose not to. why you ask? $$ we pay.

i wouldnt buy it otherwise, but it seems really cool. like the next one...the Thieves Den. check it out here

this better not be a trend thats starting; purposly leaving cool things out of a game, then releasing it as DLC for more $$. i LOVE bethesda softworks (hell, i live in bethesda), but this dissapoints me.

Just like all things - if you don't like it don't support it.

I'm old enough to remember heavyweight fights on regular TV (black and white, lol!) before pay per view!

BUT if enough people buy it they will continue to do it. Having extra content for a game you love is great but it is setting a president if you buy it.

I think you mean precident :D

I understand where you're coming from but when you comare all of the content in Oblivion to perhaps King Kong or Condemned, you can't omplain about them shorting us - they would never release the game if they waited for absolutely everything to be finished. As mentioned earlier though - if you don't like the idea then don't download it.

I think you mean precident :D

I understand where you're coming from but when you comare all of the content in Oblivion to perhaps King Kong or Condemned, you can't omplain about them shorting us - they would never release the game if they waited for absolutely everything to be finished. As mentioned earlier though - if you don't like the idea then don't download it.

So much for spell checkers - duh! (Misuse big words - go to jail!)

• 1 month later...

Here is some info on the Upcomming release:

Vile Oblivion

New expansion this week. Vampirism cure included.

by Charles Onyett

July 11, 2006 - The world of Cyrodiil has mutated yet again, spawning another expansion area to add to Bethesda's already massive The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. This marks the sixth piece of extra content available to players since the title originally released back in March 2006. Titled The Vile Lair, the new expansion is currently scheduled to release this Thursday, July 13 for PC for $1.89 via the official Oblivion download site When asked, Bethesda commented the Xbox 360 version should be up on the Marketplace at the same time.

This time players will receive a new safe house where a number of important actions can be performed. Chiefly, the download description states something called The Font of Renewal will be there, where players can cure themselves of vampirism. If this is true, it'd certainly be a huge upgrade from the painfully long quest previously required. If players enjoy their vampiritic state, there'll also be something called a cattle pen in the den on which to feed. A few other upgrades include a Dark Minion who the player can use to find gold and The Shrine of Sithis which can heal and cure diseases.

A few screens of the nefarious hideout have been loaded below. If you value the blood pumping through your veins, you'll check them out.

Here is a link to some more info:

http://obliviondownloads.com/Coming_Soon_DLC5.aspx

PeAcE

• 1 month later...