Rip off!!

gotworms

You guys are so unbelievably pathetic!

Like holy crud you really are! It's GAMERSCORE! Since when does gamerscore even mean anything related to the quality of the game or the experience!? I only came on here to see what peoples opinions on it are, and it's only a rip off because you get 40G's. Really!?

The DLC also comes with a costume.

I guarantee you're all bitching about how they ripped you off but EA are grinning about it anyway, coz you complain yet you still go buy for gamerscore.

400 MS points for the game being extended and something to go back to is good. 400 MS points for Gamerscore is just.... pathetic really.

Screw you dumbass! You came to xbox 360 achievements, stay with me for this one ACHIEVEMENTS forum! That means that all people here care about gamerscore, this all website is all about that. Now you don't care about it, that's cool, I respect that, but screw you when you come here and talk s*** about us! Peace!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I have to agree with the general consensus here. I don't think it was a rip off as such, as I want to complete the story, and have the full game, so I was happy to pay that for it. I was just a bit miffed with the content - a crappy magic door puzzle, and some few enemy encounters, containing the enemies that I personally hated from the main game. I wish that side of it had been better. Not too sure about Lucia, but if it has some decent achievements, I might do.

Honestly the biggest thing that irked me about this wasn't the achievements or the longevity of the game. Ok, maybe the length did annoy me a little, but still that's no matter. The AC2 DLC has no achievements and neither was amazingly long, didn't mind though.

The thing that Dark Forest gets me on is the fact that I paid 400MS points, and there was NO story progression at all, just a small event before the main game that doesn't even explain anything. Wasted opportunity if you ask me, I wouldn't have minded everything else if I had a nice bit of storyline advancement, but this? Nah. Terrible mistake buying it for me.

Not to mention the cutscenes were half-finished by the looks of things, no animation during the conversations between Dante and Beatrice, just a wavy effect on a still picture of Beatrice's spirit (which doesn't even get released until the main game anyway) and a convinient shot of Dante talking with his back to the camera so you can't tell his mouth isn't moving.

I'm suprised at the number of people complaining about the 400ms for 15 minutes of gameplay, when we all spent $60 for 5-6 hours of gameplay for the game to begin with. Is it worth the 400 points for that amount of gameplay? Probably not. But was the game worth $60 for 5-6 hours of gameplay? Probably not :p

400ms = $5 for 15 minutes = 3 mins of gameplay for $1

$60 for 300 minutes (5 hours) = 5 mins of gameplay for $1

Shouldn't have really been that much of a suprise, huh?

Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the game, and the fact that I can sit down and play it from beginning to end in one sitting should I feel the need to relive the story is great. But if we're talking about the duration of gameplay versus dollars, this game was a rip-off from the get go.

400 MS points is too much??

maybe... but think about it. That is only $5.00. Most people spend that much on morning coffee, and they don't even get any gamerscore :)

I don't even own the game (renting atm), and i still got the DLC for it.

It may have been short, but did get a couple more achievements for it, so I am not going to complain :p

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon/guess that this DLC will one day be on Deal of the Week for 240MSP or less.

When that day comes I will pick up Dark Forest. 400 MSP is too much. And since it is only 40G I think I can wait. I think people need to be a bit more patient with their spending habits. If something is too much money, wait for it to go on sale or something comes up.

Heck, I just bought this game for 25 dollars (used) and the previous owner only played the game once. The game is only two months old and already the value has depreciated significantly.

Edited by MyAbsolution

• 3 weeks later...
You guys are so unbelievably pathetic!

Like holy crud you really are! It's GAMERSCORE! Since when does gamerscore even mean anything related to the quality of the game or the experience!? I only came on here to see what peoples opinions on it are, and it's only a rip off because you get 40G's. Really!?

The DLC also comes with a costume.

I guarantee you're all bitching about how they ripped you off but EA are grinning about it anyway, coz you complain yet you still go buy for gamerscore.

400 MS points for the game being extended and something to go back to is good. 400 MS points for Gamerscore is just.... pathetic really.

400MS Points for basically 15 minutes of Gameplay and a costume! THAT'S what's pathetic, there are Arcade Games for 400 MS points that have HOURS of play value, and EA puts out this BS for $5. But, if really think about it, the game took me about 8 hours to play for the $60 so that's about $7.50/hour, so maybe if I play the DLC on the hardest setting and it takes me like 30 minutes it's still cost-wise the same as the regular game.

Ugh, I just rented this from Gamefly and got 940GS on my first playthrough and was hoping I could get the 1000 from the 2nd (maxing out Unholy and hitting max level Unholy) but saw the achievements for this as well. I didn't know it was DLC.. and paying 400MS for 10 minutes seems a bit steep. Decisions, decisions..

So I haven't even got this DLC yet and now that I'm seeing all this complaining about it I don't really want to get it, OH BUT WAIT I have to get it for 100% completion because apparently now microsoft thought it would be smart to add achievements without having to Download the DLC. I got boned on RE5 because of this BS and now Dante's Inferno. Luckily I'm hearing the ach. are easy but still its BS I'm forced and yes FORCED because of my perfect score gamertag, to buy it. What a load of crap.:wtf:rant:

I don't think 400MSP for 2 achievements is a rip off as I don't think someone should compare money to gamerscore.

But what just really, reeeaaally pisses me off is when the guys from the Dante's Inferno team claim that the DLC takes about an hour to complete. Shows that they are either stupid or not testing at all (after the trials DLC went online I stick with not testing (damn EA trials)).

• 1 month later...