Achievement Guide & Roadmap

BiggD

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies if it's been said, but for the dragon boosting you don't need to quit to the menu. You need to find a way to die and then just fast travel back to the garrison. Easiest way is to find a group of scientists and kill three of them, that 'kills' you and resets the dragon spawn.

Edit: Scratch that, it resets the spawn but the kills don't seem to count towards the achievement, very odd.

Edited by samsaBEAR

As the roadmap says that the Mad Scientists with the shotgun,knife etc. It states that you can only get it in ch6 well during the last part of the game you have to fight some scientists. That is where I got the achievement.

Just in case any one was having problems with it

Will i have to restart the campaign if i miss the head shot achievement?

I missed the the scientists during ch6 and during the last fight you fight some. if those enemies where the only thing you were missing.

Edited by KGB Hotpocket
typing error

Apologies if it's been said, but for the dragon boosting you don't need to quit to the menu. You need to find a way to die and then just fast travel back to the garrison. Easiest way is to find a group of scientists and kill three of them, that 'kills' you and resets the dragon spawn.

Edit: Scratch that, it resets the spawn but the kills don't seem to count towards the achievement, very odd.

Getting yourself killed takes longer than exiting to the main menu anyways lol.

I found a snake location that seems permanent. I've gone past it at least a half dozen different times tonight after dying/reloading the game/fast traveling. The coordinates are around X:541.8, Y:484.6. It is in the grass a foot or two off the off road on the river side of the road.

There also seems to be a snake spawn at about X:473.5, Y:474.5. And at X:474.7, Y:465.0. These are much less consistent than the first one I posted.

Edited by xhunterrrr

I found a snake location that seems permanent. I've gone past it at least a half dozen different times tonight after dying/reloading the game/fast traveling. The coordinates are around X:541.8, Y:484.6. It is in the grass a foot or two off the off road on the river side of the road.

There also seems to be a snake spawn at about X:473.5, Y:474.5. And at X:474.7, Y:465.0. These are much less consistent than the first one I posted.

I'll add in the first set of coordinates to the guide! Thanks, Hunter!

as users keep posting about not having enough cash by the end, i think that you should add some instructions to the guide so that users know to start hunting the collectibles and collecting the cash from boxes right away. there is always loads of cash laying around the collectibles, people must just be passing it be cause they seem to be far along in the game without enough cash. also the auto loot upon a takedown gave me a huge bump in cash.

im not trying to brag but i was actively trying to spend all my cash and still had 13k when i was complete. maybe also mention that you dont need to buy med packs because the y button will heal you anyway.

as users keep posting about not having enough cash by the end, i think that you should add some instructions to the guide so that users know to start hunting the collectibles and collecting the cash from boxes right away. there is always loads of cash laying around the collectibles, people must just be passing it be cause they seem to be far along in the game without enough cash. also the auto loot upon a takedown gave me a huge bump in cash.

im not trying to brag but i was actively trying to spend all my cash and still had 13k when i was complete. maybe also mention that you dont need to buy med packs because the y button will heal you anyway.

You have to buy them (or find them to pick up) if you run out of them. You only carry 3 at a time.

You have to buy them (or find them to pick up) if you run out of them. You only carry 3 at a time.

I think he's talking about the skill you earn that lets you do it. In Far Cry 3 it was a skill that let you heal without actually using medpacks. You would do an animation where you bandaged yourself up or relocated your joints in your hand. It didn't fill you up completely but it did help.

I think he's talking about the skill you earn that lets you do it. In Far Cry 3 it was a skill that let you heal without actually using medpacks. You would do an animation where you bandaged yourself up or relocated your joints in your hand. It didn't fill you up completely but it did help.

I don't think that exists in this game. I am level 30, finished with the story, and it still uses med packs or whatever you want to call them when I heal.

I don't think that exists in this game. I am level 30, finished with the story, and it still uses med packs or whatever you want to call them when I heal.

sure it does and there is 3 or 4 really cool animations of sgt colt fixing his cyborg arm or digging bullets out of the human arm. i was buyiing med packs anyway as i had plenty of cash but i guess im just more thorough then most as i spent 10:37 in game and had over 13k when i was complete.

Edited by deluxnugs

sure it does and there is 3 or 4 really cool animations of sgt colt fixing his cyborg arm or digging bullets out of the human arm. i was buyiing med pack anyway as i had plenty of cash but i guess im just more thorough then most as i spent 10:37 in game.

Oh, I guess he must do it when you are out of med packs. I always carried 3, so I never saw that.

In all honesty, I think the guide is fine the way it is. I stress it by saying, "don't leave any loot-able item unattended!" so if people skip over that, then that's honestly there own fault.

I'll leave it as is for now, but if I see the need to add more specifics in, I'll do so!

Respond to my PM!

Just let me know if you want me to look give a thorough look through the guide. As suggested a few posts above, we can also include the best method of boosting cash. There seems to be a lot of different methods, so I'll take a look into the best/fastest one tomorrow.

You may want to include this. I can reformat it to make it more universally usable.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=467320

Respond to my PM!

Just let me know if you want me to look give a thorough look through the guide. As suggested a few posts above, we can also include the best method of boosting cash. There seems to be a lot of different methods, so I'll take a look into the best/fastest one tomorrow.

I never got anything :eek: Perhaps it didn't go through, what was up!?

Definitely scan it over, detective style, when you can. I quoted StayOnTarget's method for acknowledgment but we'll hold off on adding it in until we get a 100% confirmed and ideal boosting cash method.

Miscellaneous:

These achievements can be done at any time during your playthrough but are suggested to be completed before the main storyline has concluded. Just the Tip and Dragon Slayer require you to kill a single Dragon with your bow, and an overall total of 25 Dragons. In order to obtain Tooled Up, you must complete the Predator Path and Hostage Situation side quests as they will unlock weapon attachments that you can then purchase. Once you buy every available attachment in the game, the achievement is yours. Also make sure you headshot one of each enemy in the game in order to get The Only True Stopper. Lastly, Hail to the King will most likely be the last achievement you will unlock, as you must reach Level 30. You will gain XP in the game for just everything, be it killing enemy soldiers, hunting animals or completing the quests.

I would reword this paragraph like this:

"These achievements can be done at any time during your playthrough but are suggested to be completed before the main storyline has concluded. Just the Tip and Dragon Slayer require you to kill a single Dragon with your bow, and an overall total of 25 Dragons. Once you buy every available attachment in the game, the achievement is yours. Also make sure you headshot one of each enemy in the game in order to get The Only True Stopper. Hail to the King is unlocked for reaching Level 30. You will gain XP in the game for just about everything, be it killing enemy soldiers, hunting animals or completing the quests, and should have enough XP by the time you finish everything. Tooled Up will likely be the last achievement that unlock. You will have to complete the Predator Path and Hostage Situation side quests, as well as find all the collectible in order to unlock all the attachments."

Collectibles:

[...] Once you liberate garrisons in the North and South of the island, you will be able to purchase up to four collectible maps for $500 each. [/b]

I think you unlock a map every 2-3 garrisons that you unlock, based on where they are. You don't need to get all of them, just a bunch of them. Maybe rephrase this to "There are 4 maps that will unlock as you liberate garrisons and will become available for purchase for $500 each. Collecting everything will unlock What are You Reading For?, The Greatest Format of all Time and The Drug of the Nation"

http://i.exophase.com/xbox/awards/66a8c4f4/s/75359.png[/img] Kill Them All - 20 :gsicon:

Finish all the Predator's Path Quests

After taking out all the Omega Forces within a garrison, the Predator’s Path side quest will be available at a nearby console. Simply accept the quest and follow the marker to the animal’s location. You will need to try your best to stealthy kill the target animal, in order to prevent it from running wild and attacking you.

"Simply accept the quest and follow your way to the marker. Some quests will have you pick up a specific weapon first, and then proceed to an open area where you can find the target. The target will either be an animal of an Omega enemy. You'll want to do your best to slowly take out the target from a distance with causing too much commotion, and make sure to use the designated weapon is there is one. Once you finish all 8, you will unlock the achievement."

http://i.exophase.com/xbox/awards/f5ccf280/s/75371.png Tooled Up - 20 :gsicon:

Own all Weapons Attachments

There are a total of 25 weapon attachments that must be purchased for this achievement. These attachments are not available from the start however; eight of the attachments will become available after completing all the Predator Path side quests, while another eight will unlock after completing every Hostage Situation side quest. Furthermore, three attachments are tied into killing all twelve species of animals on the island and the last six are exclusive to recovering the TV Sets, Notes, and VHS Tapes across the island.

Make sure you loot every enemy solider, container/crate, and animal to maximize your wealth. The sum of attachments will be quite expensive, so don't leave any loot-ables unattended! Below, you can see a list of every attachment and the requirements for each:

[...]

There are a total of 25 weapon attachments that must be purchased for this achievement, which cost a total of $43,150. These attachments are not available from the start however; eight of the attachments will become available after completing all the Predator Path side quests, while another eight will unlock after completing every Hostage Situation side quest. Furthermore, three attachments are tied into killing all twelve species of animals on the island and the last six are exclusive to recovering the TV Sets, Notes, and VHS Tapes across the island.

Make sure you loot every enemy solider, container/crate, and animal to maximize your wealth while you play through the game, as you will need as much money as possible. There is an extremely easy way to save money as you play. If you need ammo, and do not want to pay for it, you'll want to go up to a console and swap the weapon for a different weapon in the weapon wheel, and then swap it back. You will now have full ammo in that weapon. This should easily save you a ton of money.

Below, you can see a list of every attachment and the requirements for each:

[...]

Also, is you need additional money after beating the game there are a few methods to boost your funds. Visit THIS THREAD for a good method.

Edited by Maka

• bLaKgRaVy changed the title to Achievement Guide & Roadmap