Seekers of Adoulin Date and Price

Onime

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So is this worth getting? FFXI is the only one I've never played because it's a MMO... It looks awesome, and for the price -

Yes and no.

Compared to when it originally came out, it is SOOOOOOO much easier (and more fun) to level up.

It takes a lot of time, and a lot of stuff has to be done in groups. But there is just so, so, so much to do in this game. It's a good price considering it gives you everything up to that point, and a free month. I would wait until it comes out and pick it up.

It def. helps to have at least one friend playing the game. That is what really makes it fun (as opposed to meeting people online to play with, that's fun and all, but not just the same).

I would say do it, but again, wait til the expansion stuff comes out and get it then. If you do, make sure you join the Carbuncle server ;-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You can pick up a copy. Gamestop has the Final Fantasy XI Ultimate Collection - Seeker's Edition for like $40. That has the original FFXI game, all 5 expansions, and all 6 mini-expansions. It's a hell of a deal, if you consider each expansion originally released at $30 each and mini-expansion at $10 each.

If you're willing to pay the monthly subscription fee to play the game, you won't be disappointed!